Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Looking to research secondary sales in Hawaii, Point at Poipu

Apr 11, 2016

Entering retirement, and due to economy and benefit cuts years ago I'm not going to be able to keep making MF payments. would like to sell my units at the POint at Poipu, but not sure what they are worth. Also, I know DRI/resort has a right of first refusal, so I'm wanting to gauge where that value is. I've seen some comments about posters using a resale company, legit ones with success. I don't just want to turn back in for unpaid fees, would at least like to get a little beer money out of them.

Any suggestions on searching for actual sales prices? Govt website just got me lost. I see postings here for $1000 to sell a week, but do they actually sell? Appreciate any help.

Phil S.
Apr 11, 2016

You can visit this page to view the resale history on RedWeek.com for your resort: What's My Timeshare Worth

If you need further assistance, please Contact Us

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 11, 2016 09:00 AM

Apr 12, 2016

Thanks for the info, but not very helpful. 1 listing showing sold for $11k, but no date is available. Is that in the last 6 months, year, forever?

Phil S.
Apr 12, 2016

The resale history is derived from what has been reported by owners when they deactivate their posting. If they indicate they have sold the week, we ask what price they received and that information is included in this data. Currently we don't have the option to view by date of sale, but our website team is working to make this option available in the future. For now I would suggest looking at the current listings for your resort and pricing as competitively as possible based on what is listed for a similar unit/week.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Apr 12, 2016

flipr wrote:
Any suggestions on searching for actual sales prices?

One suggestion is to log into your E-Bay account if you have one and check completed sales for units at that particular resort. Don't look for active listings but completed listings as those will tell you what people have actually paid for them.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.