Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Pueblo Bonito Scam Experience

Apr 18, 2016

When I went to Los Cabos, Mexico last January, I really only went because I had an airline ticket that would expire if I didn’t use it. I had been to Mexico many times and was well aware of the timeshare salespeople who hung around the airport on arrival waiting to entice naïve travelers. I managed to avoid them (I thought) but was approached by a very pleasant fellow just as I was leaving the airport who claimed the airport authority had a special promotion on trips. I listened to what he had to say after being assured this wasn’t a timeshare and only after I had signed on to several trips I wanted to do anyway did he reveal that I would have to attend a timeshare presentation after all. I was embarrassed to back out at that point and agreed to a timeshare presentation the next morning to get it over with. Because I already owned several timeshares I wasn’t using I had zero interest in owning another one. The next morning I was jet lagged and a bit disoriented and when I went to the presentation they matched me with a Canadian like me who wore me down over a number of hours until I finally agreed to buy after he told me he was sure (but of course couldn’t promise) I could sell the other timeshares. The next morning I tried to get out of the contract and was told that even though Mexican law had a 7 day clause it would be really hard and I shouldn’t try it. This experience ruined the week for me. I felt sick about it the whole time I was there. When I came back to Canada I still wanted to find a way to get out of the contract. I was so determined I searched the internet until I came across Mexican Timeshare Solutions. It sounded to good to be true and I was really skeptical at first of any company claiming to get me out of my contract ,however I saw that there were absolutely no negative reviews about the company on the net which intrigued me so I called them and asked them a lot of questions. I was impressed by the fact that they didn’t want any money up front but only when they had accomplished cancelling your contract. Even then I wasn’t sure they would really come through for me. It did take some time, however, they did exactly what they said they would do and I happily sent them their fee last week. I am really impressed with their integrity. This is a company I would recommend highly to anyone who has been pressured to buy a timeshare they really didn’t want with misrepresentations and sometimes outright lies. They are exactly what they say they are. Thank goodness for me.

Jacob S.
Apr 18, 2016

This is a SCAM !!! These scammers have been trying to push their scam in the form for some time now. All they want is your upfront money . They might claim that there are no upfront fees but their scam is to lead you on and get you hooked. Once you take the bait then they claim there is a " fee " that has to be paid before they can complete the transaction. Don't fall for this SCAM !! NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get out of your contract .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Apr 18, 2016 11:43 AM

Apr 18, 2016

One really has to wonder about this company if it has to stoop down to littering these boards with sensational reports. Not to mention, all of these alleged satisfied customers never respond to counter-arguments. They just leave a templated message with different user names and then leave.

If these reports are legitimate (which I highly doubt at this moment), I am wondering, is Mexican Timeshare Solutions offering its customers some sort of discount if they come on these forums and give sensational stories of how MTS miraculously freed them from their timeshare contract?

Lance C.
Apr 19, 2016

The OP has been to Mexico many times - and - owns a bunch of timeshares that he doesn't use? And the last guy out the gate tricks him into doing a timeshare presentation? And he sits with a Canadian salesperson for hours, and gets worn down? And they recommend that he not try to rescind his purchase? And MTS saves the day? What kind or crock of crap is this? This is advertising, and should be called out or taken down.

John I.
Apr 19, 2016

These scammers don't realize that the people coming to the forums in here are a lot more intelligent than the usual victims. NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract.

Let's get serious here. Anyone can create a website and use a mail drop box for an address . What does anybody know about any company other than what someone tells them in this case it's the scammer himself . We have been educating as many people as possible to theses scams but apparently there are still some people that are so desperate to get out of their contracts that they will throw good money after bad .

The old adage is still true. If it sounds " too good to be true " then it is exactly that. These scammers rely on people believing that some way they can get out of their contracts because someone else claims that they have done it. Let's keep exposing these scammers and at least we can save a few people from becoming victims.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Apr 19, 2016 02:05 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.