Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

First time renting out timeshare.... feeling stressed

Apr 18, 2016

I have a time share that I placed for rent out. Family cancelled last minute on trip. I posted it last week and I have only 5 days left to either rent out here or I cancel and absorb points for other trip that I did not plan for this year. I am stuck and I don't see any activity on here. Getting concerned that all the fees from ad placement, membership to fees I will have to pay is making me wonder if being here on REDWEEK is a scam in it's self, for I don't see any general activity. Would like some advice.

Ingrid C.
Apr 18, 2016

I think most people put rental ads on Redweek 3-6 months in advance. To fly to only destination sometimes you will see ads 12 months in advance. Sometimes when you advertise for months it may be 3-4 weeks before travel that you get a unit rented.

Post Easter up until summer with the exception of Memorial weekend are mid demand times at best. Most people can't take more than a weekend getaway without get advanced time off work. Hopefully you have a very popular resort/location to a drive to location to even have a chance at this point.

Even with the fees, Redweek is hardly scam even if you don't get it rented. I suggest you try craigslist as well. Craigslist is probably going to be more of a go to location for last minute bargains.

Tracey S.
Apr 19, 2016

Redweek works very well, sometimes asking to much or the wrong time is a problem. Wrong time meaning kids are in school so it is not a high time to rent, and the market is flooded with low rents everywhere.

Most the time when we rent our places we do not allow cancelation. The renter can purchase renters insurance. Try that next time. You should not be the one stressing out here. Many times something last minute will show up cheap and if they have no skin in it will jump at the chance to save money leaving you high and dry.

Good Luck !

Dave

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.