Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

My partners rented and earned money timeshare without my knowledge.

May 21, 2016

Hey! I have found that my partners have cheated me by renting our timeshare without my knowledge. Not just that, but they didn't even share the income with me. I believe this a breach of partnership agreement and is planning to file a civil litigation suite against them. I have contacted lawyers to start up the procedures, but right now I am having a second thoughts about it. Should I do something else before moving legally?

Steve P.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 21, 2016 11:36 AM

May 21, 2016

Yes, talk to them. Could not have made enough money to justify getting a lawyer involved. Any partnership you have will be strained if you jump right in with a lawsuit.

Did they rent a week that was for them to use? If it were my week to use, I could do what ever I wanted with that week.

Did it take your week away from you using it without asking ?

If you had a partnership agreement before we can chime in you should fill us in. Sounds to me ground rules need to be set for future booking.

Dave
May 21, 2016

This is one of the reasons that it is rarely a good idea to purchase a timeshare with anyone other than possibly your spouse. Even siblings can be mess. I own mine in my name alone. I don't have to worry about who pays what and who's turn is it for what.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.