Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Raintree Timeshare Scam

Jun 01, 2016

We have enjoyed the first 5 years of the contract but it became impossible to book in at even any of the first ten choices of resort and when a hurricane hits any of Raintree properties, even though it is not your resort, a special assessment charge is levied which can be as much as the annual maintenance fee. Some of the more popular resorts have a waiting list of two years. We decided to relinquish our accumulated points and stop paying our maintenance fee.

Within the next 9 months we received debt collection letters from three different companies and we decided to fight the injustice of the Raintree system. After much searching of the internet and reading many similar stories from lots of timeshare customers we found Mexican Timeshare Solutions website which only charges a fee if they successfully cancel a contract but has an unfortunate website name of www.mexicantimesharescam.com which may not instil confidence using the word “scam”. Let me assure you they are a genuine caring company, professional and efficient in dealing with a complaint and they co-ordinate with PROFECO the Mexican equivalent of a consumer council that wants to assist anyone who has a problem with a company based in Mexico.

The team at Mexican Timeshare Solutions, headed by Emilio Roman in our case, took charge of our situation and arranged attorneys to attend hearings. It took longer than expected due to the Raintree representative not appearing at two of the hearings but the final hearing was successful after around two months. In our case we did not receive any refunds but that was not expected as our main concern was to stop wasting money on such a timeshare scam of lies and deceit.

If you want out of a timeshare that is not performing to its promises do not hesitate to contact Mexican Timeshare Solutions. You will not be disappointed as long as you have a genuine complaint.

Thank you once again MTS for effectively cancelling a disastrous concern for my wife and I.

Vincent S.
Jun 01, 2016

Here we go again the scammers are trying to push their " solution " in the forum. It's a SCAM !!! They are after your upfront money. If you are stupid enough to fall for the scam they put you on the " sucker list " and bleed you dry until you stop sending them money. Go through the forums and you will see the same story with a slightly different twist over and over again. It's the new Nigerian lottery for the scammers.. NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. Even if they claim there is no upfront money they lead you on until they have you in their pocket and then they claim that there is a " fee " that has to be paid before they can complete the transaction.

It's a SCAM !!!

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jun 01, 2016 11:19 AM

Jun 02, 2016

Please enlighten me on 2 items. Did you pay ANYTHING before the resolution of this matter? And, secondly, what was the total cost of this situation when it was all over?

John I.

Last edited by johni116 on Jun 02, 2016 06:08 AM

Jun 02, 2016

johni116 wrote:
Please enlighten me on 2 items. Did you pay ANYTHING before the resolution of this matter? And, secondly, what was the total cost of this situation when it was all over?

It's no use, John. This person keeps coming on these forums under different names with the same cookie-cutter post singing the praises of MTS but never responds to the questions others have.

But many of these so-called law firms usually charge anywhere from $2000-$4000 and they're not always successful.

Lance C.
Jun 02, 2016

This one is a definite SCAM !!! They just take your money and then when enough people complain they go out of business and open under a new name. Don't contact them and you can't loose any money. You have a better chance of winning the Nigerian lottery than have these people do anything for you except take your money and run.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jun 02, 2016 08:07 AM

Jun 02, 2016

I'm just mesmerized by the phrase " ....which only charges a fee if they successfully cancel a contract...." That is an amazing policy. Actually, it seems too good to be true. Maybe the poster will enlighten me on how any company can make such a claim. I'm all ears. Or was the poster just blowing smoke - and trying to get some illegitimate free advertising.

John I.
Jun 02, 2016

They are professional con artists ( scammers ) . They lure you out of the forum to their website. They make promises to you that are " too good to be true " . Once they set the hook and have you drooling they inform you that there is a " fee " that has to be paid before they can complete the deal. I will guarantee that they will ask you for money .

Anyone can create a website and use a mail drop box for an address. If anyone is stupid enough to give them money then you will be put on the " sucker list " and they will continue to ask for more money until you stop sending it. Even worse if anyone is brain dead enough to give them credit or debit card information they will bleed you dry.

If you doubt any part of this you are either dumber than dirt or one of the scammers. I worked in law enforcement for over twenty five years and I am sharing some expertise for free. I have exposed the scammers for years in the forums and saved people thousands of dollars and never asked for a penny. I have no motive to give out false information. I can spot a scammer miles away and I guarantee that these people are running a scam. Go check them out and see where they are licensed to do business. Ask for the actual location of their office and verify it. You will find out that they are phantoms and scammers.

Don P.
Jun 03, 2016

donp196,

I agree about phantoms and the lack of licensed business.. Seems that in Caribbean and Mexico exists only those resorts.. But who are those developers etc. I doubt if they are Mexican people in Mexico and Caribbeans in Caribbean islands...

Sari P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.