Timeshare Companies

New Timeshare - RCI - COSTS - Atlantic Palace, Atlantic City, NJ

Jul 05, 2016

Hello!

My name is Deepesh and i just purchased a Studio TimeShare at Atlantic Palace - Gold grown RCI resort - Week Red - Floating, this past weekend assuming your are the owner i wanted to know if it is really worth it and should i keep it. I have 7 days to back out of the contract. I have a family of 4 (2 kids - one is 5 and other is leas than 1) and me and my wife both are pretty young in our early thirties and atleast take one interntaional amd one local vacation. What i am skeptical about is the exchange program and i have a biennial week at Atlantic Palace so our thought process was we will be banking our week and never be at the Atlantic Palace as we like to travel.Importantly we will be traveling during school vacation times so thats what i really wanted to know if the costs are going to be off the roof? I just wanted to know that if it makes sense for us to do this and will it really save us money after the exchange fees, the resort fees etc. We also have the 12 Bonus weeks which avg $399 as per the Fantasea Resorts rep so the years we can't exchange we would use the bonus weeks, with what i have read lot of people have had issues and some are complaining about exorbitant costs and paying more than going through regular booking companies like Expedia etc. I just wanted to get a real feel from an actual owner who has been through this. I know RCI can be challenging if you don't spend much time and I'm willing to spend that time as i m very comfortable with technology etc and looking up last min calls and flexible planning vacations between 45 to 30 days in advance as thats the time when you get really good deals for exchanges or bonus vacations. I am a platinum RCI member with $168/yr membership fees which will give me priority access to such deals. I have a maintenance of $317/yr for my timeshare. Please help me out as any feed back will be really appreciated. Thanks, Deepesh

Deepesh P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.