Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Just signed up and new to renting

Aug 21, 2016

Hello,

I'd like to understand how the renting process works. I'd like to rent a timeshare from an owner for a specified week and location. How do I acquire that rental? Is it a one-time charge for that week (i.e., pay as you go)? Am I guaranteed to get the rental for the period I want or do owners usually post dates not knowing if those exact dates will be available for use? Any precautions when doing business with certain owners?

Roosevelt J.
Aug 24, 2016

In your opening sentence, you would be looking at DEEDED WEEK. This would guarantee a specific a certain week at particular unit, resort. I would stay away from floating, unless you are open to going at any time of year. The owners on Redweek, TUG, VRBO have units at different resorts, with different price ranges. The finally cost for the rental are what is stated any further charges if you chose to use escrow, insurance, etc. other than that it would be an agreement spelled out by you and the owners, for payment. Choose your time to go and start looking as soon as possible. Make sure you are able to go or make sure you have a time line to back out or return of some monies. We have rented ours with some ability for the renter to get some back up a certain time after that NO MONEY BACK. Ask questions, be sure, just remember, there are no stupid questions. GOOD LUCK

William P.
Aug 24, 2016

I have floating weeks available to book if it is done in advance, nothing wrong with planning ahead. I would rather plan exactly what you want for the perfect vacation maybe shorter than a week or longer. You tell me what you want, I see if it is available , and we book it. You can start and stop any day of the week. It's pretty awesome ! The key is for the busy times, when ever kids are out of school, must be booked at the "open window" time to get it, or they sell out.

I also book "floating weeks" at the most traveled times putting my name on the reservation until I find someone to rent to, than I put the reservation in your name. You are stuck with the days I pick and if it works for you we are good. I would much rather find those planners :)

If you see something you like, send them a message. We have 20 places to go now with the HIVC system. Owning points "Floaters" allows me to book all 20 without having to own in each place.

Remember we are registered with Redweek. You want a vacation, we want to rent our places out. Trust goes both ways, once you rent from me or someone else, you will have established a trust for many years of vacations with less hassle than owning.

Good Luck

Dave

Dave

Last edited by davidg1131 on Aug 24, 2016 05:50 PM

Aug 25, 2016

You should be aware there are realtors and other interest that surf these sites. While some of us who are multiple owners like myself. Remember, NO STUPID QUESTIONS.

William P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.