Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Royal Sunset Timeshare Scam

Nov 01, 2016

On October 2010 my sisters and I were in Cancun for vacation. We knew that we had to attend a 90 minutes presentation for timeshare, since one of my sister had received one week vacation from Royal Sunset. But we had kept in mind that we would not buy. After 4 hours of discussion we finally bought. We started out with one representative showing us the Sunset Lagoon. Going back to what I called « the discussion room » another salesman came. He was the supervisor, the Master. The disccussion was long and difficult. I told them a couple of time that I needed to call my husband in my country before making a decision. That I would give them my decision the next day. But the supervisor wouln´t let met out of the office. Everything that was mentionned by other owners, happened. We were taken to a private office. Gifts were offered, A better room, activities all week...., wine during the process of discussion, name it we got it all. We were asked questions about our families, how much we spend a year on vacation... We were promised that at any time we could sell back without any controversial… A year later I took 1 week exchange. I was not satisfied so I wrote them. 2 years later, us three sisters got separated, so 2 of us bought the third one's part. No legal papers were done. For the last two years, we've been researching to find out how to proceed in order to sell this back? We called American Lawyers, which told us that this is a private thing and that they won’t do anything. It is very hard to give our trust in this matter.We find that we are obligated to go to the same place every year and it is not cheaper than an all inclusive. We've invested a lot. These people sell a dream, but once we wake up, it is a nightmare. So when we found Mexican Timeshare Solutions web site and the good comments from past consumers, we finally decided to write them. They help us to get rid of our timeshare and the maintenance fees. we can finally rest. It´s a complicated process, but not impossible

Lawry S.
Nov 02, 2016

How long did this process take? And how much did you pay?

John I.
Nov 02, 2016

It's a SCAM !!! These low life scammers repeat these stories in the forum every few weeks to lure victims to their website. Be careful just going to their website makes you vulnerable to being hacked. All they want is your money or credit card information.

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you our of your timeshare !! If anyone is dumb enough to fall for their scam please come back and let us know how much they took you for .

Don P.
Nov 02, 2016

My sister and I went on a timeshare presentation 90 minutes. 2 hours later we were still there. Yes they ask all the questions about your family and vacation habits. Finally I told the representative I had enough and if he did not let us leave I would stand up shout out loud and cause a scene, I promised I was going to get very ugly and mean. The representative just sat there till I stood up then he tried to get me to sit down I raised my voice, saying why should I sit our 90 minutes was over 30 minutes ago. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore. The manager came running out, and I told him I and done. I want out of this room NOW. He did and I got our gifts. Everyone was looking at us but by this time I did not care. My advice, use your outdoor voice. Stand up and say I'm not going to take this anymore. It works.

Carol M.
Nov 03, 2016

Great advice .

Don P.
Nov 03, 2016

carolm683 wrote:
My advice, use your outdoor voice. Stand up and say I'm not going to take this anymore. It works.

Or just don't go to these presentations. Is the gift that they offer really worth the ordeals you have to go through?

Lance C.
Nov 07, 2016

It took like 6 months, i've payed USD $2,000. I haven't payed anything upfront until i get the cancellation of my contract

Lawry S.
Nov 07, 2016

It took like 6 months, i've payed USD $2,000. I haven't payed anything upfront until i get the cancellation of my contract

johni116 wrote:
How long did this process take? And how much did you pay?

Lawry S.
Nov 07, 2016

SCAM !!!! He's one of the SCAMMERS !!!! If anyone is stupid enough to fall for this scam please come back and tell us how much money you lost to these bottom feeders .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Nov 07, 2016 01:53 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.