Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Free Items! So much free stuff!

Nov 10, 2016

So, today my wife and I were walking through the mall and we're approached by a Welk (sp?) Employee offering all kinds of free stuff if we went on the tour down in San Diego. They offered a free trip to hawaii, (airfare AND hotel), harbor cruise, android tablet, and a round of golf. Ive never been to one of these presentations, but I'm pretty much expecting a tour, presentation, and a hard close. (Followed by more hard closes are we say no) Any tips on making sure they honor their promise for the free stuff? I've been in sales for a long time and hearing sales pitches is interesting to me, so this should be fun!

Zzach B.
Nov 10, 2016

After you stay for your required time for the presentation ( usually 90 minutes ) state to the salesperson that you don't want to buy and you want your free gifts. If he refuses or calls over a supervisor say in a louder voice so all the other victims can hear you. If they keep resisting then raise your voice even more. They will want to get rid of you in a hurry. If they threaten to call the police then stay and call their bluff. They don't want a scene and the loss of all those unsuspecting victims in the room with you .

Demand all the gifts they offered you and if they refuse continue to make a scene. I guarantee they will give you what you want to get rid of you. Don't leave the room where everyone is until you get what you want.

Don P.
Nov 10, 2016

Hahaha! I love that idea.

Zzach B.
Nov 10, 2016

zzachb wrote:
Employee offering all kinds of free stuff if we went on the tour down in San Diego. They offered a free trip to hawaii, (airfare AND hotel), harbor cruise, android tablet, and a round of golf.

I can almost guarantee you that the trip will not be free. There will be booking fees, taxes, luggage fees, hotel transient occupancy tax, etc. Also, there will be a limited window when you can travel, probably at a time that you are not personally able. But then there will be one available at a time convenient for you if you pay an upgrade fee.

Lance C.
Nov 11, 2016

Earlier Android tablets don't have much value. I see ads on Groupon for free golf. Your playing partner has to pay and both of you have to pay for a cart. Not really free. Lance is correct about the hotel/airfare part. It will be supplied by a third party (you'll get a certificate). Terms will be onerous. You will have to pay a fee ($50) in advance to register. Then do all your communication by mail. It will get tough. And there will be other charges.

Read the terms of you reservation certificate. The 90 minutes will be an approximation of the time. It could (and will) run longer. The "freebies" will not be available until they say the presentation is over.

You will not be screwing over the timeshare company. It will be the other way around.......

John I.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.