Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Villa del Palmar Timeshare Fraud

Nov 15, 2016

My husband and I purchased a timeshare at Villa del Palmar and it had been a nightmare. The reason we made the purchase was for the promised return of 125-200% of the property rentals. We paid an advertising fee of almost $800 but the ad agency never rented our unit. They then told us if we pay the $2500 more dollars they would advertise our unit more to possibly get it rented. This whole this was a scam and we wanted to explore options to get out of this and all the thousands of dollars we had paid up to this point. I had been unemployed on and of over the last 2 years and this had been devastating to our personal finances. we tried to cancel the membership through the resort but they only avoided us, tired of so many lies, we decided to cancel by ourself, it was hard but not impossible. we found a company called Mexican Timeshare Solutions that helped us to cancel our membership without up fronts fees. We were skeptical at the beginning but for fortunately we had a happy ending. Beware!!! timeshare is NOT an investment it's just a WASTE of money.

Berit J.
Nov 15, 2016

Since "timeshare" in Mexico is RTU (right to use) only, why didn't you just stop paying? There is NO deed to surrender. And how long did this whole process take? And what did it cost? Thanks for you timely answers.

John I.
Nov 15, 2016

it's a SCAM !!! These low life bottom feeders post the same story in here every few weeks. They try to lure victims to their website where they either hack into their computers or try to get their credit card information to steal their identities. Don't fall for their SCAM .

If anyone is dumb enough to go to their website and fall for their SCAM please come back and let us know how much money they stole from you .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Nov 15, 2016 12:38 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.