Jan 01, 2017

geril2 wrote:
how do I contact you

You who?

NoOneYouKnow
Jan 05, 2017

With respect to a Timeshare Exit Strategy, I have reached my breaking point on Timeshare ownership, but will spare you the detail & drama.

I am merely seeking some sound advice to rid myself of several of my timeshares that I still owe mortgage balances on, without ruining my credit rating?

Sincerely

DFP

Dale P.
Jan 06, 2017

dalep123 wrote:
I am merely seeking some sound advice to rid myself of several of my timeshares that I still owe mortgage balances on, without ruining my credit rating?

If you still owe mortgages, then you will have a tough time. Your best bet is to contact the resorts' respective Homeowners' Association and explain your situation. Ask them if they will take the units back in lieu of foreclosure. They might negotiate with you, they might not.

But do not pay any third party an upfront fee to supposedly "cancel" your mortgage and timeshare.

Lance C.
Jan 06, 2017

dalep123 wrote:
With respect to a Timeshare Exit Strategy, I have reached my breaking point on Timeshare ownership, but will spare you the detail & drama.

Sincerely

DFP

Good luck!!!!

You might get better response here if you start a new thread with that same post, or if you use the search feature to study the many previous discussions about selling a timeshare.

NoOneYouKnow
Jan 06, 2017

If you still owe money on the timeshare you have to deal with that separately. Like Lance said contact the home resort and ask them to take it back and explain your circumstances. If you purchased points you probably won't have any luck there.

The second part like Lance explained is NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. Scammers are trolling the forums looking for victims who are desperate to get out of the timeshares. You have already lost enough money don't get ripped off trying to get out of your contract.

Don P.
Jan 06, 2017

"That is EXCELLENT advice. I can reach way more people and save myself a lot of time by discussing things on the forums rather than in email. It's just a matter of finding forums will allow me to exercise free speech, even if it is contrary to the forum owner's agenda. Obviously TUG won't allow that. So far so good here at Redweek, but we shall see!

Susanb1439 The above a quote from you 3 mo. back. Did you ever wind up buying a time share ?

susanb1439 wrote:
You don't have to work for a resort to question some of the responses you see here. A certain amount of communication problems on an internet forum are to be expected. Total strangers sending brief messages to each other is bound to cause innocent misunderstandings.

People that have advanced knowledge of a given topic tend to assume that people who ask for help are clueless. Sometimes the adviser is right and he saves a clueless OP from making a big mistake.

Other times, the OP knows exactly what he is doing and he is insulted by what he sees as condescending "advice".

Then there are those that take a dismissive or hostile tone towards everyone. Every forum has some of these people and they are best ignored. That's my two cents on the subject.

Welcome back..............

William P.

Last edited by williamp511 on Jan 06, 2017 09:06 AM

Jan 09, 2017

Quote:
It's just a matter of finding forums will allow me to exercise free speech, even if it is contrary to the forum owner's agenda. Obviously TUG won't allow that. So far so good here at Redweek, but we shall see!

I must admit to being VERY puzzled by this statement, having actively read (and actively participated in) both TUG and RedWeek forums for a fair number of years now. For the record, I have absolutely NO affiliation with either TUG or RedWeek, other than being a paying member of both sites and being an occasional participant in the forums of both of those timeshare-related sites.

No one gets "censored" and very few people have ever been permanently "booted" or "banned" from TUG, as far as I know. Getting permanently banned from TUG is very difficult to accomplish, except for the obvious "shills" trying to subtly peddle their products or "services". Getting booted from TUG has nothing to do with any (non-existent, to my knowledge) "forum owner's agenda", nor is it being a "victim of repressed free speech". Instead, getting banned from TUG is EARNED only with great difficulty and effort; the result of a consistently demonstrated unwillingness (or perhaps just an outright inability) to engage in courteous discourse and, when disagreeing with others, doing so WITHOUT personal attack, or being unnecessarily offensive and / or overly obnoxious. While a behavioral standard of simple common courtesy would seem to be entirely reasonable for most people, unfortunately it seems to be "a hurdle just too high to clear" for a very few.

Just my own personal observations and personal opinion.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 09, 2017 07:52 AM

Jan 09, 2017

ken1193 wrote:
Quote:
It's just a matter of finding forums will allow me to exercise free speech, even if it is contrary to the forum owner's agenda. Obviously TUG won't allow that. So far so good here at Redweek, but we shall see!

I must admit to being VERY puzzled by this statement, having actively read (and actively participated in) both TUG and RedWeek forums for a fair number of years now. For the record, I have absolutely NO affiliation with either TUG or RedWeek, other than being a paying member of both sites and being an occasional participant in the forums of both of those timeshare-related sites.

No one gets "censored" and very few people have ever been permanently "booted" or "banned" from TUG, as far as I know. Getting permanently banned from TUG is very difficult to accomplish, except for the obvious "shills" trying to subtly peddle their products or "services". Getting booted from TUG has nothing to do with any (non-existent, to my knowledge) "forum owner's agenda", nor is it being a "victim of repressed free speech". Instead, getting banned from TUG is EARNED only with great difficulty and effort; the result of a consistently demonstrated unwillingness (or perhaps just an outright inability) to engage in courteous discourse and, when disagreeing with others, doing so WITHOUT personal attack, or being unnecessarily offensive and / or overly obnoxious. While a behavioral standard of simple common courtesy would seem to be entirely reasonable for most people, unfortunately it seems to be "a hurdle just too high to clear" for a very few.

Just my own personal observations and personal opinion.

ROFLMAO

NoOneYouKnow
Jan 09, 2017

jlb wrote:
ROFLMAO

...Says one of the ONLY people I believe to have actually been PERMANENTLY BANNED from Timeshare Users Group (TUG), with the very same user name of JLB --- but perhaps the identical user name is just a truly remarkable coincidence.

I did not intend to pull that trigger, but thank you for volunteering the solid reassurance that, in your particular instance, it was indeed entirely appropriate and necessary to do so.

Still ROFLMAO ?.......or is that just the faint sound of distant crickets I'm now hearing?

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 10, 2017 03:26 AM

Jan 10, 2017

In a frustrated attempt to get off this DRI hamster wheel, I foolishly paid $2500 to a company called <sellmytimesharenow.com> in Florida - who appear to have done nothing but pocket the fee.

Given the devious nature of the way DRI conducts their business, I would not be at all surprised if they are in cahoots!

Has anyone else experienced this? I will gladly join and support a class action law suit to rid myself of DRI.

RAM

Rod M.
Jan 10, 2017

rodm81 wrote:
In a frustrated attempt to get off this DRI hamster wheel, I foolishly paid $2500 to a company called <sellmytimesharenow.com> in Florida - who appear to have done nothing but pocket the fee.

Given the devious nature of the way DRI conducts their business, I would not be at all surprised if they are in cahoots!

I highly doubt the two are in cahoots. That being said, check out Diamond's program for giving back units.

As for Sell My Timeshare Now, keep in mind that they are just a listing company where you pay your very high listing fee in hopes that someone will see your ad and then contact you to negotiate a price.

Lance C.
Jan 10, 2017

rodm81 wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this? I will gladly join and support a class action law suit to rid myself of DRI.

Lance is entirely correct that there is absolutely NO connection of any kind between DRI and SMTN. SMTN has been a completely independent (and successful --- at least for themselves, anyhow) upfront fee listing "service" for quite some time. That said, the odds for a successful sale (or even receiving many inquiries) via SMTN are somewhere between slim and none. It most definitely is NOT a "build it (or pay it) and they will come" situation. You really need to just put that checkbook away and actively pursue other avenues.

DRI is a VERY deep pockets corporation. I respectfully suggest not putting any stock or unfounded hope in a "class action lawsuit". Focus on just getting rid of the ownership that you once voluntarily chose to purchase. DRI accepts "deedbacks" for a flat $250 fee, but obviously only if there is no unpaid loan balance and owner account has no unpaid fees. I believe that DRI calls their "deedback" program "Transitions" (much like Wyndham calls their deedback program "Ovation"). Have you ever even looked into this?

The $2,500 you paid to SMTN is unfortunately gone forever. Their fine print clearly states that there is absolutely no guarantee regarding successful sale of your timeshare. SMTN provides a lame ad / listing --- nothing more. SMTN stays in business (and thrives) because desperate people seeking an "exit" just really want to "believe" and somehow become willing to pony up serious money in their desperation. Throwing serious money at the problem won't solve it and paying serious "upfront cash" to a lame and ineffective listing service doesn't move anyone a single step closer to lawfully shedding an ownership. You can still "exit" DRI for $250 (if your account is current), but that $2,500 to SMTN is GONE.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 12, 2017 01:16 PM

Jan 16, 2020

The exit process says that you have to not only pay the fees but have used up all the reservations that you paid and reserved for. Thats difficult because iI have something reserved this dec. and will not be able to use the points that I pay for due to my husbands health condition.

What this rule inlace when you exited? Thanks, M.Singler

Marjorie S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.