General Discussion

floating/medium

Jan 01, 2017

what does floating/medium mean ?

Paul G.
Jan 01, 2017

Paul -

This would mean the owner has a week that can be reserved during the resort's medium season -- not the most popular or most in-demand resort weeks, but not the lowest-demand weeks either. You would need to contact the owner directly to find out what weeks are considered the medium season at that particular resort.

If you have further questions, please Contact Us .

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 09, 2017

phyl21 wrote:
You would need to contact the owner directly to find out what weeks are considered the medium season at that particular resort.

With all due respect, I would suggest instead learning directly from the RESORT (not just from the owner / advertiser) the precise definition of "medium" weeks in the specific "floating" ownership at issue.

The fact is that some owners / sellers do not even correctly understand those details to begin with (or may deliberately misrepresent them, if they do know). This is a lesson I learned (...yes, the hard way) many years ago in my very first resale timeshare purchase. The range of weeks eligible for reservation in that particular "floating" week ownership turned out to be very different and MUCH more restrictive than what the seller had represented to me. I was too inexperienced then to know enough to perform my own due diligence and verify those details for myself, directly with the resort. Fortunately, I paid very little for the week --- and soon re-sold it for even less, honestly and accurately disclosing to my buyer the reservation constraints which had been significantly misrepresented to me.

Learn from my mistake of many years ago. Verify any and all seller representations for yourself directly with the RESORT before committing to a purchase. An honest seller can still be mistaken and a dishonest seller can knowingly attempt to deceive you. Verify all details before "closing". Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 29, 2021 06:57 AM

Sep 24, 2021

What is a float week medium in Florida

Katherine P.
Sep 24, 2021

katherinep139 wrote:
What is a float week medium in Florida

There are too many variables for that question. You would have to provide more details. A lot of it depends on the timeshare company, the location (there are many locations in FL), the actual resort just to name a few.

Lance C.
Dec 13, 2021

What is a floating medium & h ow it works?

manubr
Dec 13, 2021

manishv5 wrote:
What is a floating medium & h ow it works?

“Floating” means that the ownership does not have guaranteed access to any specific week each year. In practice, that means that a "floating" week owner must actively reserve a week each year, usually with some very specific limitations on the weeks which are available to be reserved by “floating” week owners.

“Medium” really has no strict definition in timeshare seasons and is usually determined by the individual resort. Think of “medium” as being “middle of the road” — it’s not a week during the best season and it’s not a week during the worst season; it’s a week which is somewhere in between.

If you are considering buying a floating week, verify with the resort (don’t just accept the seller’s claims) exactly which weeks can be reserved under that particular “floating, medium” week ownership at that particular resort. If you read my January 2017 post above in this thread, (it's just a few posts above this one), you will see how I personally learned this lesson (the hard way) many years ago. Don’t make the same mistake that I made. VERIFY ALL SELLER CLAIMS.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 13, 2021 01:30 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.