Reviews of Alpine Crest/Resort Club of Helen

Helen, Georgia

3.6

Have you been to Alpine Crest/Resort Club of Helen lately?

By angelaf47 Jul 11, 2009

We have been owners here since 1997. Now that the kids are grown, we are ready to get rid of this place. WE CANNOT GIVE IT AWAY!!! The resort does not even want the unit back - free and clear! We went back last year for a stay and the resort had really let the unit get run down as well as the grounds there. PLEASE DO NOT BUY HERE! Use redweek instead. You can get VERY GOOD DEALS anywhere you want to go and just pay ususally the maintenance fees for a week. You don't have to worry about the hassle of exchange fees and maintenance fees going up on you yearly as Alpine Crest has been doing. Making my 2nd trip back to Cayman with Redweek this Sept!

By kayb69 Apr 16, 2008

My parents bought at Alpine Crest when it first opened. It is one of the most relaxing places we have ever vacationed. There is a feeling of safety and comfort, especially if you have children. There is an excellent playground. Basketball and tennis courts, as well as 2 water slides. Many other activities including those planned daily for all ages by the staff of Alpine. What we really enjoyed most is the ability to walk to almost anything that you do in Helen. Shopping, golf, rafting, fishing and many more. One of the states most authenic grocery stores is located at the entrance. You name it, they have it! Several of the buildings have been upgraded recently with the rest to follow. If you would like a good quiet place to go to read, swim, hike, shop or just play with the grandkids, this is the spot.

By ecomaniac Updated Mar 1, 2008

Save your money and stay someplace else. This place is a real dump. Also, you assume that a two bedroom unit will have two bathrooms, right? Wrong! Got there to find out there was only one bathroom. Place was small, in bad repair, had paper thin walls and was furnished on the very cheap. We ran out of toilet paper and when I went to the front desk I was told to go to the maintenance shed and get some from the maintenance man. Of course there was no one there so I just went to the store and bought some.Stayed in Oct. 2007 during octoberfest which was fun, but next time I'll stay at the Hampton Inn.

By mrsalty Updated Feb 22, 2004

New owners who stayed here at Spring Break week in late March, 2003. Weather was beautiful. Unit was immaculate with great ammenities especially full kitchen, fireplace and washer/dryer in the unit. View from the balcony was great. Very peaceful location. Looking forward to our stay next year.

By avantilsc Updated Nov 9, 2003

We have just arrived home from our annual trip to Alpine Crest. The Resort has improved again from the previous year, which is a good sign. However, keep in mind this is NOT a gold crown or 5 star resort, but just a very nice place and lots of FUN. We had a two week trip that commenced in Pompano Beach Fl at a Fairfield Gold Crown Resort and ended in Alpine Crest. Alpine Crest was the more enjoyable of the two. A decent indoor pool, nice balconey & whirlpool in the unit, clean & large rooms and just plain old FUN, all on site or withn walking distance. And that, my friends, are what vacations are all about.

In fact, we enjoy this resort to the point we purchased another week here.

By judinyitray Jul 8, 2003

Just purchased this year and sooo enjoyed my stay with my four sisters. The place is huge and very well kept. Very peaceful way up in the mountains. The town is delightful and the people so friendly.

By bashaba_luv Jan 29, 2003

We are first time owners and have unit 202 It is up high with a picnic area behind it. Last year was our first year and we loved it. My only comment is it should be from Sat to Sat instead of Fri to Fri.

By ksgoebel Dec 29, 2002

About 6 years ago, I stayed there. I did not like the place at all. When I called them about a gas leak, it took 3 calls and 3 hours to get someone to check it out.