Paradise Point Resort

Hollister, Missouri

Reviews of Paradise Point Resort

Hollister, Missouri

4.3

Have you been to Paradise Point Resort lately?

By janetm295 Updated Mar 22, 2015

stayed at this timeshare resort June 1st week, had a great time, very clean, great view of Table rock Lake, we had a 3rd floor deluxe end unit. bldg.7 newly remodeled inside and out. ,New kitchen,granite and stainless.New bedroom furnishings,with all new comfortable bedding. living area, new furnishings. Very nice heated pool and spa. Dock is great easy walk to water. No hills!!! The resort is small, which is great as it is very relaxing. Takes 15 minutes from the Hwy. 76 strip with all the action, Silver Dollar City 20 minutes. With the addition of Big Cedar Wilderness Club usage which is about 1/2 miles from Paradise Point is really a plus. Wilderness Club has great pools, and 1 indoor pool, with lazy river outside.

By carolynr180 Jul 14, 2013

We stayed in one of the new 3br units. The villa was amazing with a large kitchen with more storage for groceries than most resorts, comfortable beds and beautiful furnishings and décor. This resort is gated so you are more secure, especially at night. You can use the amenities of Big Cedar Lodge and The Wilderness Club during your stay here, but no cookie lady. They do have an unsightly dome with tennis and basketball courts. There is a fitness center and pool table in the office building.

By karenr583 Jun 5, 2012

I just spent a week here in a deluxe one bedroom unit May of 2012. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable and not anything like the last review of the firm bed. The views from all the rooms are great; mountains, lake and pool from deck and windows. Big Cedar is about 5 minutes away and you have use of all the amenities there. The rooms also do have free wifi. My dvd player worked just fine, but the TV was not a flat screen. Steam sauna is located on the second floor. As for the drive, it is about 15 - 20 minutes from Branson and as long as I had my GPS to direct me, I didn't feel that the roads were that bad to drive. I did drive them almost everyday and often at night. I enjoyed the beauty, peace and quiet of the area and will go back again when I get the chance.

By betty272 Updated Feb 10, 2012

We just returned from Paradise Point Resort a few days ago. This resort is located so close to the water that the park area near the inground pool was covered in high levels of lake water. We saw pontoon boats only a few feet from the swimming pool. The flooded areas had at least 3 foot of extra water that surrounded the resort. The main access road to the resort was washed out and we had to drive through the roads through Big Cedar resort to access Paradise Point.

Normally, when the water levels are so high....this is a beautiful resort with a wonderful view of Table Rock Lake from every room. This visit we stayed in a ground level unit and kept hoping that our vacation wouldn't get washed out by the ever rising lake waters.

But there are many down sides: 1) the isolated location leaves one driving for miles on poorly lit, narrow winding roads that can seem very dangerous at times. 2) this resort has no planned activities what so ever (the unit had older tvs and one single vcr/dvd combo that wasn't not programmed. So we weren't able to watch any of the four DVD movies we brought with us. 3) the king-size poster beds are extra, extra firm...making it very difficult for those who can't sleep on such very uncomfortable beds. The bed left my back aching to the degree that I had problems standing and walking the next day. The rest of the time I slept on the sofa in the living room. Pretty views and isolation can be wonderful amenities. But I found it very difficult to have a restful vacation at a resort where the beds were so uncomfortable that I could NOT get any REST!! 4) other minor issues including having to swat all sorts of gnats in the room, the AC didn't cool efficiently, and we got tons of telemarketers calling our room phone (drove us nuts).

The persons working at the check in desk weren't familiar with the area and couldn't answer any questions. Luckily the only good thing this resort has going for it....is the new hotspot wifi access. Although it's not a secure network...leaving it wide open to hackers!

The next time I return to the Branson area, I'll be sure to chose a "better cared for" resort!!

By minah7 Updated Aug 5, 2011

We just came back from a week at this resort. Everything was very nice, clean, spacious, excellent service, and with access to all ammenities at the Big Cedar Resort, which is next to it, five min drive, and has Lazy River, mini golf, pools, shuffle board, nice restaurant, caffe etc. Overall very good exprerience and very reasonable price for the 2 bedroom lock out unit we rented.

By caram7 Jan 4, 2006

My family of 4 shared a 2 BR/2BA condo with my parents in June 2005 and no one felt cramped at all. We had a fabulous time. The newly furnished condo and kitchen were very finely decorated. It was great to be able to dock our boat onsite and be able to be out on Table Rock lake in a matter of minutes. My children liked the kiddie pool and water slide. We appreciated being far away from the Branson strip, the noise and the congestion. We will definately return to this resort again!

By dibrown66 Oct 1, 2003

Beautiful condos with great view of the lake! Nice pool for the kids or beach area if they prefer. We loved the tennis court and liked being able to dock our boat there during our stay. The lock-out bedroom is great! Felt like we had our own private laundry too which was nice and very convenient. Overall a very happy experience!

By kack13 Jul 16, 2003

If you are looking for a quiet resort away from the hustle of Branson this is the place to stay. The units are beautiful with views of the lake. Nice drive to Branson about 15 - 20 minutes away.