Umbrella Beach Resort

Holmes Beach, Florida

Reviews of Umbrella Beach Resort

Holmes Beach, Florida

4.5

Have you been to Umbrella Beach Resort lately?

By lbellis Updated Jul 11, 2014

I stayed in a 2 bedroom unit where 1 side faced the 2-way street toward the ocean and the other side faced the pool. There was no ocean view due to some trees and powerlines. The unit was very large with my own 1 car garage on bottom level since this complex used to be apartments I heard. The unit had a small elevator to get to each floor and also stairs. I called and asked the staff person on site about finding a beach chair and he was very prompt to place a variety of them beside my backdoor that people had left behind so I could choose one I wanted. Very nice customer service! The on site person has limited hours and during evenings it is only the resort renters there on site. During my week stay, 4-5 children in the pool yelling would echo into my unit on the pool side. And mornings in the master bedroom on the street side, I was always awakened to car noise. The car noise would lessen late morning and I could easily walk across the little 2 lane street and past the trees to the public entrance to the beach across the street. These units are not on the beach. The units are very roomy - 2 twin beds in bedroom poolside (with a bathroom), the master bedroom had king bed and bathroom, the livingroom, dining room & kitchen were on another floor with a pullout couch in the livingroom.

By sunseeker1 Updated Apr 6, 2007

We really enjoyed our stay at this resort.

The units are very spacious, with huge windows and fully equiped. The resort is quite small with only 12 units which gives you an intimate feel of being in a privately owned property. All units have garages, balconies and entrances.

It is located in a island that is relaxing and peaceful and with lots of good local restaurants and the most beautiful beaches!

The resort is across the street from the beach but that was not a problem at all because it was very quiet.

The premises and units are well maintained and the staff was attentive and courteous.

There is a decent size pool in the courtyard that the kids enjoyed and since all units faced this area it was easy to keep an eye on them.

We had a great time and would definitely stay here again.