Royal Kuhio

Honolulu, Hawaii

Reviews of Royal Kuhio

Honolulu, Hawaii

3.3

Have you been to Royal Kuhio lately?

By cwu Dec 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed in here in November 2013. The room is clean. The bathroom is small. The sink outside the bathroom is quite spacious. The livingroom has a sofa bed. The kitchen is well stocked. The lanai is good. You can watch the Hilton Hawaii Village's fire work right on the patio. Room is clean. You do have to bring your own shampoo and lotion. The resort does not supply the shampoo and conditioner.

The parking is free. This is rare for staying in the district of Waikiki. Average parking charges $35 per night in Waikiki.

The location is excellent. There is bus stops right in front the building. There is international market cross the street. All kinds of restaurants in a block or so. The beach is two short block away. You can walk to stores or window shopping in the night times and return home late night. It is like walking in NY city (not as time square but close to it.) We loved to take our walk in the night. We walked to a udon restaurant a block or so away every other day. The freshly made udon on the premises is the local favor. You have to be on the long line to get into it (that was how we discovered it. we saw a long line so we just followed the line without know what was it.) There is Korean and some other asian restaurants within a block. McDonold is cross the street. The resort does not have wifi, and we occasionaly go to McDonold or Starbuck (a block) to use the wifi. We also like the food at the Sheraton shopping plaza food court. It is very reasonably priced. Food in Waikiki is the cheapest in all islands.

We like th resort mainly due to it's location. The 7th floor swimming pool is good. But we just go to Hanauma Bay to snorkel every other day or go to Waikiki beach. We never used the pool. We rent the beach chair and beach umbrella from Boss Frog or Snorkel Bob for a week and carry it to Waikiki beach. The rental in Waikik beach for umbrella and chair is $30 a hour. We can rent weekly for $45.

By garyg109 Updated Mar 20, 2009

My wife and I stayed here Dec 2008. We are Vacation Internationale Resort owners and they have some of the condos in this condo building. This is not a resort. Most of the condos are privately owned.

Our condo was small (VI Resorts was very clear about that before we booked). We stayed in a 1 bedroom. No more than 1 person can be in the kitchen at a time. The bathroom is small; the bedroom is small. 4 people could stay here, but I think that would be too much for me. Outside of the smallness issue, the place is pretty nice. The unit was very clean; the full kitchen is well stocked; the bed was comfortable; the units are non smoking and they smelled fresh. The unit has A/C.

The first 6 floors are a secure parking garage. Parking is free - very rare in Honolulu. FYI on inconvenience - our assigned parking was on the 6th floor. We then took and elevtor to the 1st floor, crossed the lobby, used our key to get through secure doors to another set of elevators to go up to our unit on the 8th floor. I understand that this is for security, but when you are lugging suitcases around to check in and later check out, it is a pain.

A very nice pool with plenty of lounge chairs is on the 7th floor. There is not a washer/dryer in the unit but there is a very large laundry room on the 7th floor. Good fitness room on the 7th floor, too.

No restaurant on site, but plenty within a quick walk. The International Market is just a few blocks away. Waikiki Beach is 5 blocks away. It is easier to walk to it than to try and find parking space near the beach. This is a decent place that is very convenient to the things to do in Honolulu. It is just a bit cramped.

By aileenm5 Dec 27, 2008

The location is great, however, the owner of the unit I stayed in did not take care of it. Cigarette smoke permeated the entire unit...carpet, furniture, etc. I had a friend help me try to eliminate the stench. I got no help from the staff (different company from the site office) but did not receive any assistance. We couldn't use the pool because of construction. I did see a unit owned by the site office back in May and it was well kept.

By sharon1973 May 8, 2008

We have stayed at the Royal Kuhio, the location is nice, you can walk to beach a few blocks away, stores within a block, night life within blocks, but if you do have a car they also have free parking for you. Condo is small but fine for two people. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

sharon