Kuhio Banyan Club

Honolulu, Hawaii

Timeshare reviews at Kuhio Banyan Club

Honolulu, Hawaii

By davidg390 Jun 4, 2011

We have nothing but good to say about our stays at the Banyan Club. Its one of the best locations near the beach, internatioanl market and resturants. Its always been clean, and the staff is great. They lend us fresh, large beach towels every day at no charge. Along with a cooler and beach chairs, also no charge. For the price, its the best hidden secret in Honolulu.

By tdiannek May 13, 2010

Stayed here the middle of April and found the description to be right on from most of the other reviews. Friendly staff, clean studio unit, carpets could use some updating, charge of $53.00 to use beach equipment could be reconsidered as not everyone uses chairs, floats, etc., there were homeless folks sometimes sitting on the benches out front but they were also in other parts of Honolulu so you can't count this against the Kuhio Banyan Club. This location was great for enjoying the restaurants, beach, and clubs. Go and enjoy the other things you go on vacation for and just the resort for a place to sleep at a Great Price!!!!

By kims350 Updated Jan 9, 2010

We just got back from Honolulu and we had booked a stay here for the second half of our trip. After we got over the initial shock of the location (tucked behind some 24 hour restaurants and bars) we went to our room. The staff were friendly enough, but the elevator was scary and small. My husband and some of our bags made it up while me and the kids and the rest of our stuff took the stairs. Our room was a decent size but quite dated. When I entered the bathroom the counter top was CRAWLING with HUNDREDS of little ant like bugs. I went down to the front desk where I was told housekeeping would come up and wipe it off. We didn't end up staying there. It was a very busy and loud location. I would not recommend it for families or anyone wanting to be close to the beach.

By tomv53 Updated Dec 18, 2008

Stayed here Jan 07, This is the most modest-plain timeshare I have ever stayed at. Think Motel 6 type accommodations. Two people in a studio was plenty. This place gives you a worn and well used feeling, just a place to sleep and eat breakfast while in Honolulu. Hopefully they have done some updating since our unit needed a paint job, the blinds were shot and really poor carpet (burns and worn). Like motel 6 if you are looking for economy its OK, as a honeymoon spot it would be a big disappointment. I see no problem with any safety issue. If you rent a car it's a hassle parking it and spendy. Tom

By duaneh22 Updated Oct 18, 2008

Units are small [studio]. There is really only room for two people. Housekeeping came twice, which was enough for us. Beach equipment is available for free in the office. Try to be early on your arrival day. Otherwise, you will neeed to get your key from security.

By peteg17 Aug 15, 2008

This was our 5th time to HI, we usually stay at the Hilton $600 a night for a bed. A good friend of mine told me about this site and we gave it a go. I am so HAPPY I did. I saved so much money and had such a nicer place I can't believe I never knew about this place. This Hotel type condo is as good as any 5 star resort I ever stayed in. I felt safe and secure in the area they are young people but not rowdy, just young kids. The beach is a stones throw away and the restaurants are all A-1. If you really want to SAVE BIG and have a great place to stay this is it. Perfect for Honey Moon, Vacation romantic getaway etc. The Hotel is very clean and recently updated. You won't be disappointed...

By eddie11 Updated Jan 18, 2008

I just stayed at this resort over New Year's Eve and the hotel itself (i.e. ammenities, decour, cleaningless etc.) is average. However, its location is certainly 5 star for a particular kind of crowd. This hotel is ideally suited for younger people or couples because it is right smack in the middle of things. There are several clubs/bars within 3 blocks with tons of places to eat. As a result there is always a young crowd hanging around in the streets. If you are not about thrills and fills but want a relatively cheap place to hang out and party than this is it. If you're with your family and have kids then there are likely to be better options. In part because this hotel does not have a swimming pool. I thought the staff was very friendly and my wife and I had a great time. I had no issue with safety at the hotel but that is likely attributed to the fact that I am younger and like the club/bar scene so people hanging around in the street does not scare me.

By sylviaw16 Sep 22, 2007

This is the worst timeshare I have ever stayed in. In a very bad location and security comes in at 10:00 at night. Do not recomment it at all.

By ajmace Updated Feb 14, 2006

This resort is all about LOCATION. It is just 2 blocks away from wonderful Waikiki beach. Who needs a swimming pool?

The units are clean, comfortable and the staff are extremely helpful. We used the car park at the bottom of the street - very easy. Everything ion Waikiki is just a short walk away.

We very much enjoyed our stay. Alan and Jean

By robertd3 Jan 31, 2006

I have been to this resort twice now. It is clean and roomy compared to a large hotel room. It has a Murphy bed, which is comfortable and lifts completely out of the way during the day. There are no bends in it like a sofa pull out has, which kill my back! There is a very nice kitchen that is well stocked with flatware and cooking ware, which looked new each time I visited. The round glass dining table had four comfortable captain's chairs and there were low stools for eating at the counter. Many of the staff remembered me by name by the end of the first day, after a very pleasant free continental breakfast and orientation meeting. They had access to many discounted attractions, including the Polynesian Cultural Center (a must see on Oahu). To say that you wouldn't let your wife out alone on the street at night is just plain weird. Some of the finest hotels on Waikiki are in a two block radius. As to one other's comment, where in the world would a sane man send his wife out walking the city streets alone at night? During the day, there are people everywhere. I could walk up to the elevator and pick my floor in any of the nice hotels but the Kuhio Banyan is key locked with the office adjacent to the entrance! Loose the key and it will cost you $150 (you are warned at check-in). They take security seriously! I want a clean, secure, neat (not necessarily fancy), bug free, centralized, and friendly place to stay in Hawaii. I would have given this place 4 stars except the bathroom is small. It has a one person shower and the commode is not off behind a separate door or wall. I was happy there was plenty of hot water. There is no grand hotel lobby. There is a foyer with the elevator on the left, the front desk on the right, and a hallway to the first floor rooms straight ahead with office and staff bathrooms to the side of the elevator. Spartan but clean. I like it and hope to extend my right to use!

By blueconchita Aug 11, 2005

Resort was nice, although the room supposedly was for 4 persons, but that would be a real squeeze. It is near Waikiki Beach, but surrounded by some shops of questionable repute. No on site parking, but for a small fee you can park nearby.

By aletaken May 18, 2005

April 2005 We stayed at this facility this month and it was more than disappointing. Is not only old, but also in a location that we did not feel safe. There was always people lingering at the entrance and in the courtyard in front of the building. It is two blocks back from the beach and my husband did not feel that it was safe for me to be out alone - day or night. We did not feel that this is locatd in a tourist section even given that it is so close to the beach. The staff was pleasant and accomodating, however, the facility was totally unacceptable.

By nnickfreeman Aug 29, 2004

We had a good time at this resort, our room was very spacious and was in fact a hotel unit and studio unit combined to make a one bedroom unit.

The only slight downer was a bit of noise in the early hours from the nearby nightclub, but if you locate yourself this centrally I suppose a bit of noise should be expected.

By blackdet Updated Feb 8, 2003

This is a great place if you are single, a couple, or travelling with 3 friends. The amenities aren't much but it's proximity to everything is incredible. Across the street from the International Marketplace. Walk through the Marketplace and cross the street and you are on Waikiki Beach. Great restaurants, nightlife and shopping are literally a stones throw away. I have been there 5 times in the past 11 years and never had a problem that wasn't solved quickly. The staff will help with all your tour needs and get you very reasonable prices, ( a private 8 hr stretch limo tour of the island for $50.00. It was incredible!). My 14 year old daughter thinks it was "AWSOME".