Reviews of Pend Oreille Shores Resort

Hope, Idaho

4.8

Have you been to Pend Oreille Shores Resort lately?

By karii4 May 3, 2012

We love this resort. It's in a small community called Hope, about 15 miles outside of Sandpoint. Every unit has a view of the mountain ranges and beautiful Lake Pend Oreille. We go on the 4th of July and you can watch the fireworks right from your deck. They have an amazing steam room and sauna, there is an adult only hot tub outside and an indoor pool and hot tub for everyone on the inside. They have a nice fitness center with 2 raquetball courts. There is an outdoor tennis court, and an indoor basketball/gym area along with a pool table, hockey and a few video games. They have DVD rentals, a cute gift shop and store and a place to get coffee and rent bikes, paddle boats, or canoes. There is a marina next door and a Floating restaurant, which usually has good food. The pizza place in town has fabulous pizza. The units are very clean and very well stocked. They are constantly updating things. Always a very relaxing vacation for us.

By briang121 Aug 19, 2008

We own several weeks T/S in some great places and exchanged into this resort some years ago,enjoyed it so much we bought there as well. This area is a well kept secret.What a great resort with amenities that should please anyone. It is such a well run/managed resort with friendly staff. I wish all of our other resorts were as good as this one. Brian Greenside

By janicej25 Jul 30, 2008

My husband, son and I just got back from a wonderful stay here. Our one bedroom condo was perfect size for us and had up-to-date furnishings and decor. My son, 8 years old, enjoyed sleeping on the sleeper sofa where he could watch shows or videos on the flat-screen TV. The kitchen was small but didn't pose a problem unless I was loading/unloading the dishwasher. It was difficult to reach the sink and the cabinets if the dishwasher was open. Also, the dishwasher was a bit noisy but not near as loud as the waher/dryer. I only did laundry during the day when it wouldn't bother us or the neighbors.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the pool (large and warm), work-out facility (plenty of machines, weights and aerobic classes), game room (my son loved the jutebox) and lake activities (canoes, paddle boats, funyaks, and swim dock). They had fun events scheduled every day. Next door at the marina you can rent pontoon boats, fishing boats, buy fishing licenses, and eat at their floating restaurant.

Make sure to visit Sandpoint's city park while you are here. It's only 20 minutes down the road and has a large sandy beach area. Also, the Panhandler restaurant has the most scrumptious cinammon homemade scones. They have great food!!

We highly recommend Pend Oreille Resort and plan to visit again next year.

By paul1730 Jun 29, 2008

My wife and I just got back from this very nice resort. Our 1 bedroom unit was a bit small but , the views and amenaties at the resort more than made up for the small size of the unit. Our unit faced the lake and the views were awesome. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The resort had everything you needed, the indoor pool is a great way to get some exercise and they had a wieght room, indoor basketball, volleyball, shuffleboard and a nice game room with a pool table, ping-pong and video games. We took the Selkirk Loop senic drive what a great day trip! I would recommed this resort to anyone.

By lynda104 Jan 4, 2006

We stayed at this resort for a week

Would highly recommend to anyone

Very clean , great staff,day & night activites

Barber's Medicine Hat, AB. Canada

By lou95 Dec 18, 2004

I own a timeshare at the Pend Orielle Shores Resort and it is wonderful. The resort is staffed with wonderful people and ther are an abundance of oppertunities for tourists in the area from seeing indangered species along the beautiful lake or dinning in one of Sandpoints many gourmet restraunts.

This place is fun to visit year round. Bryan Dillon

By bobnelson Updated May 27, 2003

We have just returned from a week at Pend Oreille Shores. While the weather was a little cool (expected for May), the resort and surrounding area exceeded our expectations. The unit we stayed in was a two bedroom, two bath sleeps 8. It was spacious, very comfortable, well equipped and had a beautiful view of the lake and surrounding mountains. The check-in and out process was seamless. All the staff we met were extremely pleasant and helpful....I think the best we have encountered in our fairly extensive time-sharing experiences.

There was a very nice fitness center, a small expresso/latte cafe, a small convenience/snack store, a large video rental area, water "toy" and bike rentals among other amenities.

The city of Sandpoint 15-20 miles away was a fun place to visit, shop, and dine. For a town its size, there were a number of great eating places.....among those we could recommend are Joel's (carryout Mexican---great), Arlos for Italian, Eichert's (sp?).....great menu.

Overall, I think we'd rate Pend Oreille Shores a 9. We would highly recommend it and hopefully will return some day. For an area with a beautiful environment it's hard to beat if you like mountains, wildlife (moose, bear and deer....which we saw in the wild) and glacier lakes.