Topsider Resort

Islamorada, Florida

Reviews of Topsider Resort

Islamorada, Florida

4.1

Have you been to Topsider Resort lately?

By robertb1396 Feb 4, 2013

Had a wonderful week. Great scenery, and water views, rooms old but clean. Looking forward to coming back some day.

By jillb51 Updated Sep 20, 2012

If you are looking for quiet, private and relaxing, this is it. Great fishing from the pier and free boat docking available. Parking right at your unit, which is nice. Laundry in units, great decks, free bike and kayak use, tennis court, pool (nice warm temp!) and hottub. Every time we go they are upgrading something. Its not luxurious, but I think they are able to keep the costs reasonable by doing a little at a time as they can. It is quiet, yet close to lots of great restaurants and shopping. And close enough for a Key West day trip.

By miker213 Updated May 26, 2009

Showing it's age, but the resort is nice and clean. Close to everything in the Keys. Great pool, friendly guests and staff. I really enjoy our time there and wish we had more.

By terryr40 Updated Jan 4, 2009

My wife and I stayed here in Jan. 2008. I agree with all of the previous reviews. It has been around for a while, and is showing its age, but that"s not alot unlike me, in my mid 60's! I saw a review, else where, that said it was "Funky" and because of my age, I knew exactly what that mean"t and I feel it exactly decribed it! We enjoyed ourselves and would hope that our two adult sons will join us this year, at this resort, or one in the area. The private cottage idea is very nice, it was quiet and the pool was well used but not full. The pool area was the only place we could find wireless internet service. (I have recently read that they now have wireless in all the cabins) The clients were generally repeat people who, we felt, accepted you into "their resort". This is not luxury but it is a "Neat place"! Terry

By sallys16 May 8, 2008

It was great! It has it's own small beach that was quiet on comfortable. The unit had enough room, it was basic and cozy. If you truly want to relax without too much noise and activity like the large resorts, this one is it. The staff was always helpful. The lush landscaping around the units was very tropical. My wife and I felt at home.

By robert2361 Mar 29, 2008

Very nice & relaxing tropical setting. Unit was definitely dated but cozy and plenty of space for the 4 of us. If your looking for action this is not the place for you. Older crowd but very friendly and nice. Pool, hot tub, beach, all very well maintained and clean. Good size dock for fishing. Staff was very nice. Will definitely be going back.

By yetterab Nov 6, 2006

Nothing fancy but nice and quiet! Great fishing pier, a bit dated but very clean! Had a very relaxing week.

By bobj143 May 29, 2006

Dock has just about been finished with repairs from hurricane Wilma.

On site boat launching. Space for parking two vehicles plus a trailer. Great quiet resort with fab fishing.

Caught a reallly big blacktip from the concrete pier one evening. Four footer will will be lots of dinners for us, plus we shared with other guests on the many BBQ pits.

Staff is great - units are clean and beds are no longer "thin" as reported by one reviewer.

For food reviews - check out dine.com.

Pretty hard to beat as a Keys location unless you like non-stop action.

By allraj Dec 24, 2002

EXCELLENT PLACE FOR THE FISHERMAN, THE OCEAN ON ONE SIDE A FISHING PIER ON THE OTHER. IF YOU HAVE A BOAT ITS INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THE WEEK. NICE POOL. VERY QUIET EVEN WHEN FULL. 20 UNITS, BUT NO NOISE. A GOOD PLACE TO RELAX.