Maui Beach Vacation Club

Kihei, Hawaii

Reviews of Maui Beach Vacation Club

Kihei, Hawaii

4.1

Have you been to Maui Beach Vacation Club lately?

By janets532 Nov 6, 2014

This is a quiet and relaxing resort. The pool and hot tub are nice to stay in and the ocean is just steps away. We really enjoyed our stay!

By brendas4 Aug 12, 2014

This is a great place for those who want to feel safe when you go to bed. It is a quiet area, is very close to the beaches, bus routes, and you can easily walk around Kihei. You will not hear a party and rowdiness going on all night long. Really restful place! Everything was very clean when we were there, and the units, although older, were updated with nice furniture & appliances. They continue to make improvements yearly. I know they are older, but they did not feel old to me. The updates are very nice. This is not a resort with lots of things to offer. We enjoy the casual, laid back pace of having the barbecue area to ourselves, we thought the pool and hot tub were great, and we are very happy to do things on our own...which is all conveniently located! But that is pretty much all that is there. I don't come to Hawaii to hang out at the resort. We are constantly going on hikes, or headed to the beach. If you are looking for a good place to lay your head at night, with a great location then this will be a good choice for you.

By daale1 Mar 1, 2012

Stayed in Jan.2012 for 2 weeks,great staff, extremely clean rooms and pool area, type of place where guests talked and socialized with other guests around the pool and hot tub area, beach across the road was great for long walks or a quick swim but not great for snorkeling. Saw lots of whales from balcony. Would stay again.

By march17 Jan 31, 2012

Very nice pool area, although they open at variable times past the posted opening time. Drove us crazy as my kids love the pool. We are spoiled as we stayed at the Westin the next week. Pros: Small, easy access to the rooms, plenty of room in the pool, BBQ areas not crowded and kept very nice, very relaxing. Cons: Small rooms, Dated, not much within walking distance (the beach across the street is nice and not crowded great for long walks and runs) The Restaurant attached but not affiliated with the resort is strange and a very locals only type place. We would stay there again on a budget and it suited our needs fine 2 adults and two children ages 9 and 10.

By jk105 Updated Jul 21, 2010

After reading some of the reviews here, I had to delve deeper before booking. I went to several sites, and then to RCI. I found more information on the MBVC and was reassured that all I'd need to do was request a room on an upper floor in C building with a view. A month before I arrived, I called the MBVC and spoke with reservations; I asked for an oceanview on an upper floor; something with good ventilation. When we got there we were thrilled to get room C-402! What a view! Opened up the louvers and it was cool immediately! After 10pm is "quiet time." Enough said.

For those of you who want a swimming beach right outside your hotel...the one right across from the hotel is not QUITE for swimming but there are beaches that are ok for swimming on either side, one is a public beach (right side, forget the name), other is across from the Aston Maui Lu. Even so. The best beaches on the south of the island are in Wailea. My personal fave is Polo Beach Park, has public parking, facilities, picnic tables, bbq areas...located next to Fairmont Beach Hotel. If you don't rent a car in Hawaii you miss a whole lot!

The review posted by marlissm who complained that it was old and run down apparently is used to Marriotts or Hiltons and such. North Kihei beaches are more walking beaches than swimming beaches. And, as a former travel agent, I do not know a single client that I did not urge to rent a car when travelling to Hawaii.

I have one criticism of the MBVC. Although they have a lovely pool, there are no beach umbrellas set up near it. They should set up a few. Shade would be welcome.

By marlissm Updated Feb 24, 2010

Maui Beach Vacation Club has a lovely pool and is located in a great area for long walks, but the condo it self is very old and run down. Everything looks to be original without any upgrades. It doesn't have air conditioning so you have to leave all window's and french doors open to hope for a cross breeze, but when the sun is high it's all you can do to suffer out the heat. Then the evening noise of the street and people walking past (or the guy that snores two doors down) will keep you awake. My suggestion is "Costco produce department" they have a walk in cooler, great way to spend a few hours before you have to go back to the oven. With a few low cost upgrades this place would be great, but I wouldn't really recommend it unless you have a VERY high tolarance for heat... or pay an increadable low weekly rate... This complex is a long way from everything, and not very convenient unless you have a car. The beach across the street is not a swimming beach, you'll have to drive quite a distance into south Kihei to find a nice beach.

By paule141 Sep 16, 2009

Need rent quote for units available for weeks 10/10 to 10/17/ 2009 and week 10/17 to 10/24/2009. This is for 2 consective weeks for timeshares at the Maui Marriott Vacation Club .

Paul Schwenger

By howard43 Updated May 17, 2009

I get a kick out of reading these reviews! We do own a week at Maui Beach, so maybe I'm biased? We've stayed at Maui Beach 7 times. Last year we rented 2 weeks from another owner so we could stay 3 weeks. My wife has MS and so excessive heat is not good fo her, even without the air conditioning she does just fine at Maui Beach. I like waking up in the morning hearing the birds singing! The resort is small, as far as I'm concerned that is a PLUS! The beach is across the street, access is easy, it's clean, you can and many people do enter the water to wade and/or swim and you can walk for miles.

There's a hot tub and a clean, not heated pool, plenty of room to relax by the pool. There are two very nice well maintained gas grills. There are daily activities aound the pool. There is some road noise but it's never bothered us and we live in the country back home. The staff is second to none and many have been there since we began staying, they remember us and welcome us back every time we go.

I guess it's all about personal preference, Maui Beach is our home away from home, we love it there and look forward going back again and again. It's a great place to kick back and relax!

The place isn't run down as marlissm wrote and has had upgrades since we began staying there.

By mariec33 Aug 18, 2008

we stayed there two years ago and it fits your basic needs, but nothing more. The beach is across the street and you cannot enter the water there. The kitchen doesn't even have knives that you can cut a pineapple with. There is no air conditioning so your neighbors and birds wake you every morning and the police are going up and down the street with sirens blaring at all hours of the night. We bought Starwood after going here.

By sharon1973 May 7, 2008

We have just scheduled our 7th visit to Maui Beach, our first visit was made for us by someone else and we loved it so much 9 years ago we bought a one bedroom timeshare, went back upgraded to a two bedroom, we have stayed in many of the locations on site and never had a problem with any of them, we bought it as an investment to rent but as you see we never rented it out because we look forward to going back home to Maui Beach, if you want the big hotel type of vacations this is not for you, if you are looking for a small family type of vacation I highly recommend Maui Beach, we have had several others come with us at times and they all want to come back and stay with us at Maui Beach. Sharon L

By terrir55 Apr 28, 2008

We have been to Maui Beach Club twice, once in the 2-bedroom, and once in the 1-bedroom. Both units were very clean and comfortable, with everything you might need for a week in paradise.We love the location on the island and that you can just cross the street and get to the beach. The grounds are well kept, and both times our units were very quiet and everything in great shape. There are planned activities, but most of the time we were off exploring. Lahaina and the aquarium are just a short drive away, as well as the pier where we headed out on boating excursions. We love the snorkeling and whale watching! We'll definitely be back.

By kellyh87 May 25, 2007

The view of the ocean will take your breath away. We had a clear view that was not obstructed by buildings. We watched a few sunsets right from our balcony. The location is good, too. It seems to be close to everything.

The unit is not air conditioned, but we did not find it to be a problem. There is a ceiling fan in the bedroom and one in the living room. We had both of them running the entire trip. We also left the windows open most of the time which allowed the trade wind breeze to come in and cool everything off. Although there is a highway out front, it did not seem to interfere with anything we were doing in the unit. i. e. Reading, watching TV, or sleeping at night, or our naps during the day. In fact, if we heard anything it was the people enjoying the pool or hot tub and/or laying out in the sun.

The pool is not heated and can be a bit chilly. However, it was nice to jump into and cool off after sun bathing. If the pool is too cold for you, try the hot tub. My gosh, I was in the hot tub almost every day. It was so nice to get a “water massage” after a day of activities.

The entire unit was very well stocked. We had laundry detergent for the stackable washer and dryer in the unit, liquid soap for dishes, Cascade for the dishwasher, extra tissue and towels, etc. Plus, we tried to save some money, so we did some cooking in the unit as well. We did not run across a single item that we lacked to get any of our cooking completed.

The staff was very friendly and was able to help us with anything we needed.

There is a two lane highway in front but we didn’t have any problems crossing it to walk along the beach. In fact, if there were cars the people stopped to let us cross. They don’t have the mainland attitude here. I can’t emphasize enough how this will be our paradise away from home.

By res1031 Apr 28, 2007

This place was the worst unit that we have ever stayed in, in all of the years that we have been coming to Maui. Anyone that has rated this unit high is obviously an owner trying to get high rents or resale for their unit. The truth is that there are four buildings between you and the ocean. Two on one side, two on the other. Unless you are one of the lucky few to get an upper unit, you have no chance of seeing the ocean. The unit is not AC, and with all of the traffic outside, there is no chance of sleeping, either due to the noise if you leave your windows open, or due to the heat if you can't stand the noise anymore so close your windows.

The pool is not heated, and with all of the buildings surrounding it, it gets no sun all day, so the water temperature is frigid. I never saw any adults swim in the pool all week, and saw only a few children in swimming for a very short period of time.

We were in a two bedroom end unit, second floor. The unit was so small, that there was only room for 4 around the dining room table, and no other chairs available to even pull up to the table if the small size of the room had not been an issue. We had a parking lot to one side of us, a parking lot to the other side, and a building so close to us in front, with their windows looking directly into ours, that you felt that you were in a fish bowl.

We asked immediately upon checkin if we could change our room and we would pay the upfee. We were told that they had no other rooms available.

I would never recommend this complex to anyone, unless you could be guaranteed of getting one of the upper floor units.

On the positive side, the unit was very clean, and the kitchen was well stocked.

By leeannh3 Jan 30, 2006

We own a week at the Maui Beach Vacation Club - this resort is very understated. The view of the ocean is breathtaking - there is a clear view that is not obstructed by buildings. Yes - there is a highway (2 lane) in front but we had no problems crossing carefully. There are wonderful beaches within driving distance - tons of restaurants -enough shopping - in short -this was a quiet paradise.

By rvolk50 May 8, 2004

The place is very nice with only 36 units and a beautiful pool and hot tub, grills and very well taken care off. It is across the street from the ocean, but you can walk for miles and the sand is great. The area is quiet and more like home than a resort. Hightly recommended and would stary there over and over, which I have. Great locaction to everywhere on the island and only 10 minutes from the airport.

By kisrael Nov 2, 2003

Looking at the pictures for this resort did not prepare me for the beauty of the rooms. The pics look a lot worse than the resort really is. Standing in my room, I could thing I was at a five star resort. The only problem is the front of the place. It looks a little old and unappealing. Don't let that fool you. Also, there are very few amenities on site. But if you are looking for a beautiful place to stay in Maui, this is it.

By nmubob Mar 17, 2003

Must cross busy street to get to ocean. Property is much larger than shown and you can walk a block or more to pool. Restricted view of ocean for back units. Back side is near major highway and road noise is loud if patio door is open. Staff was helpful. Beware landsharks! Ticket deals on site are a timeshare hussle, but may be worth it. Well taken care of, but more of a residence than a resort.