Timeshare reviews at Maui Banyan Vacation Club

Kihei, Hawaii

By bonniem264 Updated Mar 11, 2016

I recently (Oct. 2015) spent a week at this resort. It was a spur of the moment trip offered through my TS company. This was the first time I have ever been to Maui alone, and I have to say, the resort employees were the BEST ever. I was there through a TS and they had no obligation to assist me. However, they helped me find my unit, explained to me where to park, where to shop and even gave me a "frequent shopper" key ring so I could get a discount at the local grocery.

The excursion planner was wonderful. She helped me book a luau and for a few dollars less than I could have on-line. She even helped me with a map of the island and a bus schedule so I could navigate without worrying about parking (especially nice in Lahaina)

The resort is older and smaller and definitely NOT a Marriott. No on site activities or entertainment or restaurants - but I was so impressed with the convenience and comfort that I am seriously considering purchasing a unit in the near future.

By tys4 Updated Jun 12, 2013

Just back from another one week stay in May 2013. Everything below is still true. Great property. Well maintained. Spotlessly clean. My girlfriend is VERY picky (hope she does not see that comment...) and she absolutely LOVES this place. Do not miss Maui Ocean Center. Great snorkeling on all three Kamaole beaches. I look forward to coming here again.

Also one week stay Oct 2011. This place is great. Well located in South Kihei. Across the street from Kamaole Beach Park II which is one of the best beaches in Kihei. Connected by short walk to Kamaole Beach Park I. DOZENS of turtles feeding one morning just off both Kam I and Kam II beaches. Good snorkeling in the mornings right off the beach with easy entry (gets windy and choppy some afternoons - do your snorkeling in the mornings).

Units are VERY spacious and well appointed. Granite countertops, large kitchen, WASHER/DRYER in unit, all appliances, etc. Grounds very well maintained. Even though unit I stayed in was in the building closest to the road it was VERY quiet - even with the windows open. Unit was air-conditioned but it's not really necessary in October... Property is well managed by Aston, including the timeshares. Friendly and helpful staff.

These two (2) bedroom units are "lock-off" units with a separate mini-kitchen (mini-fridge, microwave, etc.) and separate entrance for the "hotel room" side. You can shut off the small side from the big side if you want to. Would be really great for two couples traveling together or families where you want to shut the kids away.

Getting a condo in Kihei is much preferable to getting a hotel room in Kaanapali or Lahaina, etc. in my opinion. Kitchen is great and saves alot of money. Large grocery stores nearby (Safeway, Foodland, etc.). GREAT beaches nearby in addition to Kam I and Kam II: Big Beach at Makena . . . Little Beach next to Big Beach (not widely known but Little Beach is clothing optional if you're into that sort of thing. . .). Also LOTS of great snorkeling and scuba diving sites right off the beach in this area. If you're a diver try the "Five Caves/Five Graves" dive off the beach just a short distance from the Maui Banyan. FANTASTIC! And the sharks and turtles don't bite. This is a shore dive that's pretty easy to do. Also, showers available at the park where you enter/exit the dive which is a GREAT convenience. Get a Maui Dive Shop magazine/guide if you're interested in doing it yourself. Or you can get a guided dive through any local dive shop if you prefer to go with a divemaster.

This is a great resort in a great location. Looking forward to returning. GREAT VALUE FOR THE MONEY.

By marlissm May 11, 2009

I loved this place. I admit I was a little hesitant of what awaited me as I had stayed at the Maui Beach Vacation Club awhile ago and it was a pit, truly a pit. But this condo faced the pool, was well equipt, in an area where nearly everything was in walking distance, had a/c, lovely decorated, and a true pleasure to stay at. I think if you are in a condo on the backside of the building your opinion may be somewhat different as the view is facing the parking complex which I would not think has much appeal. I enjoyed my stay and would gladly rent here again...

By gerik May 30, 2005

i stayed here and was treated very well by the front desk people the place was clean and quiet. i didn't see the maid the whole time i was there which is the way i like it i'm sure that if i wanted or needed her all i would have to do is call. By having a washer and dryer in the unit icould just wash my own towels no big deal and if i didn't want to then i would just call for new ones. I did find that the front desk is not there for time share owners they can't answer any of your questions. Because i asked about a late check out and they have a 2:00 courtesy check out but when she found out that i was in a time share unit there was nothing that she could do. I had to call consolidated resorts management. Then you have to wait for them to return your call so your left hanging until they decide to get back to you. well my husband called and they said that we could check out at 1:00 which was better than nothing. If you are staying at the hotel you have to be out at 12:00 or you can have a courtesy check out at 2:00 but if your a time share owner you have to be out at 11:00 with a courtesy check out at 1:00. And the advantage of owning a timeshare is? Because either i am missing something or i just don't get it!i think that we should have the advantage!

By twiglike May 6, 2005

I believe the negative reviews listed are for the rental units NOT the deeded timeshares. My timeshare shows like a model home with granite countertops, beautiful cabinets, clean, well equipped kitchen...see photos on this site

By lorna67 Apr 21, 2005

We stayed there in 2004, and loved it. It was perfect for our family of 5. Our kids didn't stop talking about the "Maui Banyan". The condo was tidy, well equipped, and the cleaning staff did a wonderful job. We felt very at home the entire time. The grounds and pool were exceptionally well maintained. Only downfall is kids aren't allowed in the hot tubs. The location was ideal - the beach across the street, and all sorts of shops and restaurants within an easy walk.

By timothy220 Updated Nov 8, 2004

went in feb 2004. treated bad by front desk because we were "timeshare". had roaches in our room, they told us they would spray every other day. sprayed once in the week we were there, only because we complained enough. dish washer didn't work. had to do dishes by hand, that is not why i went on vacation to hawaii . pots and pans were garbage , so bad we were unable to even cook with them. however big room 2 big bed rooms and 2 full baths. and right across the street from the best beach in all of maui, we hit them all. the place was a little beat up and a little old, would not go back or buy this timeshare. i am buying one as we speak.

By mila2 Apr 22, 2004

Stayed there in 2003. Great location across from best beaches in Kihei, walking to shops and restaurants, health food store, etc. Also next to Wailea. Very clean resort and comfortable suite, with responsive management. Make sure you get a newly remodeled unit. Initially I was given by mistake a unit that wasn't newly remodeled. That makes all the difference in the world.

By lowman7 Apr 11, 2004

We just got back from a week's stay. We were told there was 1 king, 2 full. which ended up being 1 full, and 2 singles. The place was run down and not very clean. The location is great, but we would not go back.

By ladaniels1 Aug 28, 2003

This Resort is located right across the street from the best beaches in Maui.Also it's a wonderful town for families.The Banyan is clean and well kept,it has two medium size pools,and tennis courts.The location is the key.

By shibley Apr 11, 2003

We stayed there in may 2002. Very good. Liked that there were two bathrooms in our one bedroom suite Nicely equiped kitchen and washer dryer in suite. Would definitely go back.

By symonangel Updated Jan 28, 2003

wonderful place, clean, lovely furnishings, 2 nice pools--we loved our stay there!