Kihei Akahi

Kihei, Hawaii

Reviews of Kihei Akahi

Kihei, Hawaii

3.3

Have you been to Kihei Akahi lately?

By thomasp264 Updated Mar 8, 2016

Love it. Close to shopping, restaurants and the beach for swimming. You are in a condo have a great kitchen wonderful view of ocean from inside unit and on the front launi. Back view is of the crater. This island is very safe so many beautiful sites to see and great food. The unit has washer & dryer which are free. You are also in the US so your cell will work. If you are looking for the Big fancy Hotel/ Bar seen this is not for you. This is a quite/family unit.

By laurel30 Mar 15, 2005

We stayed at this property many times, and always have our friends and relatives stay here when they visit us here. The views are great. You can't beat the location either. Prices are good in comparison to the other properties around. I recommend this one especially if you have a family. THe pools are nice, nothing fancy, and its right across from the beach.

By alstevens Updated Jan 27, 2004

I've stayed here many times in the last few years . And for the time shares they are on the 3rd & 4th floors only. They are remodeled , modern , like new, clean, & the furniture is in excellent condition. Every time I checked in the "time share" units,they were absolutely spotless. I choose this place because it is quiet & has strick rules . It is very well maintained. I'll be back again & again. ALS-Cal.

By deneen101 Updated Jan 22, 2004

We stayed at this resort in 2001 and were not very impressed. There were do's and don't signs everywhere including at the pool. Children 12 and under could not use the elevator unless accompanied by an adult and these rules were enforced. It's an older building (which is expected) but the suite we were in had not been updated yet and was extremely dirty. The kitchen cupboard door fell off when we opened it, there was rotten food left in the fridge and red lipstick marks left on the glasses. The couches were rotting and the pull out bed was filthy and stained. We had to leave after 1 night to go to another time share resort that our time share company so thankfully got for us.

I'm sorry but I would not recommend this building. Maybe some of the "rules" signs have been removed since 2001/2002 and the suite was updated. That would be a start. The building we stayed in was so far set back from the road that your "walk" was more of a hike to the beach.