Outer Banks Beach Club II

Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina

Timeshare reviews at Outer Banks Beach Club II

Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina

By monica142 May 21, 2012

Stayed here September 2008 - what a wonderful location. We had a 3 bedroom, beachside - it was great. We did a a small problem with bugs, but maintenance came right away and took care of it. It is the beach afterall! Rooms were large, beds were comfy and kitchen was well equiped. Would definitely stay here again if we could ever get it in trade. Is closer to Oregon Inlet for fishing than some other resorts, which is a plus when you have to get up so early to catch the charter.

By jenniferp249 Updated Sep 26, 2008

I bought week 38 at the OBBC II on the resale market, without knowing much about it first. We just got back from our first week at the resort. We stayed in building 14 which is across the street, but the beach was a quick walk away and there was direct access. The unit was very very nice, better than I had anticipated. The furnishings looked almost new like it had recently been updated, and everything was clean. The kitchen had all we needed to prepare our meals. We were just one building over from the clubhouse, and the kids enjoyed the indoor pool immensely. I used the free Wifi in the clubhouse several times and it worked flawlessly. There was also a foozball table in the clubhouse, which we used to have family tournaments. :-) The location was superb. We brought our bikes and were within a short distance of many restaurants and shops. The beach road has a bike lane on both sides which makes it easy to get around that way. We parked our bikes right underneath our building, and no one bothered them or complained because they weren't in the way.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, which was refreshing because I have been to resorts where the staff treat you like they are doing you a favor by allowing you to be there. My week has great trading power on Redweek and RCI, and I am tickled pink that I "accidentally" found this purchase at such a good price. We love the Outer Banks, and the OBBC is a very comfortable place to stay, much better than a hotel for less money. We will probably use this every single year.

By vickih9 Aug 26, 2007

By pdm228 May 30, 2007

Stayed Memorial Weekend. I have been to this resort for the past 4 years and think it's one of the nicest I've stayed in (and I have stayed in Marriott, Disney, etc), keeping in mind that it is a Beach Resort, not the Ritz Carlton.

The location is perfect, right on the ocean in the center of everything (Wright Brothers, Jockey's Ridge, Festival Park, Lost Colony, Mini golf, shopping, dining). The units are always clean and updated (the resort has a 5 year revolving upgrade schedule so that the units never get run down).

I love the Outer Banks, great for families, and the Outer Banks Beach Club has everything you want and need; Indoor/Outdoor pool, hot tub, playground, activities, movie rental, YMCA membership, jacuzzi, full kitchen with utencils, pots, pans, toaster, micro, blender, etc.

By me12 Updated Jul 4, 2004

We visited in June, 2004. We were in the Friday check-in units, which are across the street from the Saturday and Sunday check- ins. This was no big deal, as everybody has to walk a bit to the beach. There are sand dunes in front of even the 'beachfront' units, and those residents have to walk up and over the dunes like everyone else. I was glad we were on the first floor, which required only a few stairs up. I would have hated being on the third floor with no elevators. (If you need an elevator, make sure you emphasize your need; there are two buildings with elevators).

The two-bedroom unit we had was good- sized, and the bedrooms were spacious. Although it wasn't as high-end as some places, it was still very nice, and it was well run. The office was staffed by three or four people at all times, and security guides roamed the area regularly. Organized activities were family-friendly: bingo, painting, snow-cones, etc. Movie rentals were only $2. If you don't bring your own beach umbrellas, you can rent one there, plus two chairs, for $75/week. We missed having a washer/dryer in the unit, but they were available for $1.25 a load in each building.

The Beach Club is near almost anything. Lots of go-karts and a small amusement park, great outlet shopping, and beach stores at every corner.

Many of the people I spoke with returned every year, never trading their time. I can see why, especially for those who live on the East Coast.

By bonniekay Oct 4, 2003

Stayed here for a Bonus Week the last week of August, 2003, and had a wonderful stay. It is right on the beach, clean, very nice amenities. Now if they could just get rid of those sand flies and mosquitos!! The unit was very roomy and just perfect for us for a week.

By johnandjudie Feb 8, 2003

This place is excellent !! I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a great place to vacation (2nd week in September). This place lacks nothing. By the way, make sure to take the Bus tour on Thursday.

By baldlady Dec 10, 2002

We just returned from a week in the Beach Club. There are a varity of activities to do at the Club. Accomodations were very well appointed and we enjoyed our unit on the beach front. The beach itself is very quiet this time of the year and the shopping in the speciality shops is outstanding. Would go back again.