Relax Resort

Montego Bay, Jamaica

Timeshare reviews at Relax Resort

Montego Bay, Jamaica

By georged65 May 8, 2007

This resort is near the airport and a concern was if that would bother us but it actually was not a problem. The rooms are well equipped but with basic not fancy furniture and kitchenware. Where the resort shines is with the friendly staff and the relaxed atmosphere. They daily two complementary bus rides to the beach which is not far at all. They also have several tours that depart from the resort itself. Anthony will be your bar man and your meal order taker. Meals are specially made for guests right at the resort. They have a great cook, he is about 60 years old and he knows how to make the best food. You must order your meal a few hours in advance if you will have anything but the simplest of meals (hamburguers, sandwiches, etc.). Give the cook a few hours notice and he will have a great meal waiting for you, why go into town if you dont want to cook? There is a nice warm pool which is located in the garden. It does have a panoramic view of the ocean though it is somewhat spoiled by the view of the landing strip at the airport. I do not know exactly why, but I actually started a bit disappointed when we arrived and left completely satisfied and wishing we had a few more days. I do know that the staff and the owner were a good part of the reason the Relax resort grew on me. It was like staying in a family run resort where simplicity, sincerity, and good service were a welcome change to the impersonal (albeit luxurios) resorts we have visited in the past. Yes, I would go back.