Reviews of Barefoot'n in The Keys at Old Town

Kissimmee, Florida

2.8

Have you been to Barefoot'n in The Keys at Old Town lately?

By carmanz Mar 17, 2013

Upon first arriving in area, we were concerned with numerous neighboring motel type properties adjacent to the resort, and carnival type atmosphere of Olde Towne across the street. However once we entered the property, we were pleasantly surprised with the friendly staff, clean and updated ground floor unit in villa with full kitchen, and walk-out to pool area. Our unit faced the pond, which was nice to sit out in mornings with coffee. We checked in on a Saturday and found there to be very loud music from Olde Town that went on until about midnight, but that was just the one night. We specifically requested a "full kitchen, one bedroom unit" which are only available on ground floor in the villas. Unfortunately if you're not an end unit, there is a unit above that is only separated by a wood floor. You could hear every footstep and toilet flush above. I would recommend if you don't want to hear this noise above and want a one bedroom with full kitchen, to request a room in condo building on same property. The second floor units in villas are only "partial kitchens". There is a security gate that requires a code for vehicles to enter, however there is a pedestrian gate adjacent, that has no security and is only secured by a latch with no code and no security guard at the gate. This concerned us given the amount of transient traffic in the area from Olde Towne, the nearby motels and Hwy 192 steps away. All in all we were very happy with the resort, it was extremely clean and well maintained, but we probably wouldn't return unless it was an absolute last resort because of the issues noted. If you can get past these issues, I would recommend it.

By sharonl221 Updated Apr 10, 2010

I stayed here last year over Easter break in a one bedroom walk up. I thought it was very clean, had a great staff and the location was perfect for jumping on I-4 or getting to Disney World. I also loved the fact that we could just walk over to OldTown instead of having to worry about finding a parking spot there. What they lack in activities, they make up for with their charm. If you are looking for an off the beaten path, nice & not fancy place, this is it for you. If you want activities and a wide range of amenities, this is not the place for you.

By mark1290 Updated Aug 15, 2004

Older, smallish rooms, and the one we stayed in was somewhat rundown. Staff was pretty friendly. Not much in the way of amenities on the resort, but great location. Overall pretty average.

By kimlong Updated May 30, 2003

I STAYED HERE WITH TEEN AGE GIRLS. WE HAD A BLAST !!VERY NICE ROOMS. WITH A LOT OF FUN THINGS TO DO WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE . AND A NICE POOL AND STAFF !!! AND VERY CONVENIENT TO DISNEY WORLD. NICE RESORT !!!