Sunset Beach Resort & Spa

Montego Bay, Jamaica

Reviews of Sunset Beach Resort & Spa

Montego Bay, Jamaica

4.0

Have you been to Sunset Beach Resort & Spa lately?

By blackbaby Updated Apr 19, 2008

My nieces and I stayed here in October 2004 for five days, after being rerouted from Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios.

I was given rooms on the ground level (bungalow) which I didn't like. After complaining to management I was given an upgrade to an ocean view type room, which I had originally paid for at Jamaica Grande.

I did like that room and view better. The food was good and somewhat of a variety.

The bartender Tony made great drinks and the snack bar was nice. There was plenty of water activity but there need to be an improvement in the nightly entertainment.

A little far away from the hip strip for walking, but if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle, this is the place. All in all, it was a pretty nice place to stay, much better than Breezes Montego Bay, which I thought was a hell-hole.

I stayed there for the last 2 days of my vacation. My neices enjoyed Sunset Beach immensely, and I would go back there again.

I hear they have a water park and probably some more improvements.

By dfritzz Jan 10, 2004

I have stayed there twice, and I am going back in April 04.

It is by no means a posh resort, but it is clean, comfortable and a lot of fun.

The food can get a bit monotonus, but over all I enjoy going there.

Dfritzz