Valley Isle

Lahaina, Hawaii

Reviews of Valley Isle

Lahaina, Hawaii

3.4

Have you been to Valley Isle lately?

By pt181 Jan 5, 2005

We rented a 1BR from a private owner in April 2004. My expectations were not too high because of the reviews I had read and the fact that it is an older building but we were pleased at what we found at the Valley Isle. Our unit overlooked the ocean with great views of the islands of Molokai and Lanai. It is a in an area of mixed residential and resort condos with some shops and restaurants withing walking distance. It is few miles north of the Kaanapali resort areas and a few miles south of Kapalua - in all, a great location for exploring West Maui.

I believe Sunterra and WorldMark both have units at the Valley Isle and some units are wholly owned by individuals (as we rented from). Any of the staff we encountered was pleasant and helpful. We fould the pool to be fine; it was not crowded and water was a good temperature. At first I was disappointed that it was not on the ocean side of the resort but I ended up liking it better behind the building where it had less ocean breeze.

Beware that the units at the Valley Isle vary quite a bit - the 1BR's all have a balcony/lanai off the living room but only half of them have a second small one off the bedroom, the other half have bedrooms with no view (small window faces the open hall area). The building is an L-shape so some rooms are ocean front and some are ocean view (face south).

By elg200 Mar 16, 2003

Beautiful rooms with great ocean views. The pool was not so great. It was small on the landward side of the hotel (and in the shade in the afternoon). Good beach.