Disney's Old Key West Resort

Lake Buena Vista, Florida

Timeshare reviews at Disney's Old Key West Resort

Lake Buena Vista, Florida

By monica142 May 21, 2012

My sister and I brought our 82 yr old mother to Disney and stayed at Old Key West. It was a wonderful experience. This is our third trip to Disney on site. You can't beat them for hospitality. The rooms were spacious, the shuttle service was very convenient, the staff was unbelievable, well, it is Disney. We had a large one-bedroom with a pull out couch in living room. Extremely large kitchen aera. Looked like it had just been refurbished. I'm sorry we can't trade for Disney on Interval anymore. Everyone there was extremely kind to my elderly mother, couldn't do enough for her - it is truly a magical place!

By antonioa7 Updated Mar 15, 2012

We are happy to call Disney's Old Key West Resort our home base and we have been Owner's for several years and are looking to buy more points. We love it that much!!!!!

We have traded and stayed at several of the Disney Properties (Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge) to name a few and we will be going to the Bay Lake Towers and Disney Vero Beach in June. All of the properties that we have stayed at are so clean, the rooms are spacious and the staff is so friendly and accommodating. But, I just love coming home to Old Key West.. Olivia's Restaurant is great "down home good comfort food".

We have learned that anything Disney put's their name on is First Rate, from their Parks, to their Properties, to their Cruises, etc. The Disney Vacation Club Membership is Fantastic - you will not be disappointed!!!

By michellef222 Aug 31, 2010

Rooms are VERY spacious, largest on Disney property. We felt very comfortable with 4 people in the one bedroom unit.

I like the ease of using the Disney transportation.

We enjoyed the on-site restaurant Olivias.

I would absolutely stay here again.

By jamesb306 Updated Jul 18, 2009

Just visited the Old Key Disney Resort. The resort has one of the most home felt atmosphere I have ever been to. The resort was very well kept and all aminities were first class. The resort has a very southern feel and look to it. I stayed in a 1brm that was quite large, clean and just all around great.We had a sofa sleeper for the grandchildren which are 3 and 7 and they said it was quite comfy. Never ate at O' livias but it seem to be very busy. We traded thru RCI with this week i felt i got my moneys worth with the trade. We used the pool everyday since it was 90 plus daily and went to downtown disney a few times on the boat. We walked aroud the resort at sunset because it was very hot in the day. All of the parks were a hop skip and jump the buses came about every 30 min i think there were so many coming and going.The staff at the resort were extremely friendly and curtious even the house keeping were nice and friendly so i give this resort two thumbs up. Made my vacation a great one. Thanks Old Key West!

By marylyn1 Updated Feb 4, 2009

Fabulous resort! Wonderul theming and lovely golf course location. Everything is clean and beautiful. 5 pools, health club, and restaurant. AND THE ROOMS ARE ENORMOUS WITH WONDERFUL APPOINTMENTS AND AMMENITIES.

The buses run day and night to all venues and are fantastic. We can't wait to go back. You can't beat Disney when it comes to good resorts with great Disney staffs.

By chriskre Dec 9, 2008

OKW is a great timeshare in Disney proper. It is the oldest one on site but one of my favorites as a DVC member. I stay here quite often because of course your points go further staying in this older resort but also because it really is a charming place with a beautiful atmosphere. The grounds are spectacular and the lakes winding thru the place are so beautiful. It seems everywhere you turn there is "natural" beauty or is it Disney magic, anyway it is lovely. The rooms are older and a bit dated with peach walls and baths but kept in good working order. The studios are one of the few places in the Disney timeshares where you actually have 2 double beds instead of a queen bed and sofabed. The rooms actually look more like a hotel room with an efficiency kitchen of microwave and fridge. Still that said are you really going to cook full meals in Disney when they have such nice restaurants as Olivias' onsite? The only thing I make in my room is coffee and oatmeal in the mornings and popcorn at night so the microwave is just right. Don't hesitate to stay here if you want value for your dollar in Disney proper.

By jessicac132 Sep 1, 2008

We stayed in May with our grandchildren, had an excellent stay. We had roundtrip complimentary bus from airport which saved us some big bucks since we were 6. Also to the parks. We rested did not need to rent a car at all. Staff was great when we had special request. The boat ride to Down town Disney made it also fun to the children. Pool, rooms and food also very good. Stick to the meal plan if you have children will also save you some money.

By mikea79 Jun 13, 2008

We loved the resort's style and the accomodations were very nice (2bdm villa). Staff is excellent (no surprise here). Transportation was a bit confusing at first, but with some helpful conversation with the concierge it was clear that we needed to plan in advance to enjoy each day at the parks. Before and after the parks, we really enjoyed relaxing in the OKW resort atmosphere.

By kisrael May 28, 2006

Beautiful resort and oh so spacious. I exchanged to go here so before I even got to Disney they charged me a $95 resort fee because I was not a vacation club member. But since it is a resort on the Disney property, I was able to use the Disney bus to and from the airport and the Disney meal plan. If you decide to stay at ANY resort on Disney I recommend the meal plan.

I am a very seasoned traveler so I'll tell you what I didn't like. Again, because I was not a Disney vacation club member, I was not allowed to pool hop. I thought that since I was staying at a pretty exclusive Disney resort I could go visit other resorts and see how they are. Wrong. Also, the bus service was terrible the first 2 days. On my first day there I waited 50 minutes to catch a bus from Disney Market Place to go back to the resort. Then I waited 40 minutes the next day at Epcot to go back to the resort. After that, I never had to wait more than 20 minutes for a bus. But overall I found that transportation is not as convienent as they say it is. I recommend a car. You may have better results at Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk, or Wilderness Lodge.

I was told that only 3 of the many 3 story buildings in the resort have elevator access. This may pose a problem for people with disabilities, or like me with a large stroller.

On the plus side, they had a great pool with a slide. Pool side drinks were available. They had a restaurant on the premesis - which was pretty good (I had breakfast there twice) and a miniature grocery market place (for eggs, milk, etc). My room had a big hot tub and a great big shower and 2 sinks. Nice. Very Nice.

By charles703 Oct 29, 2004

Have stayed at many Disney "on property" locations but Old Key West is the best if you're looking for a peaceful break from the parks. These aren't rooms, they're apartment villas! Large bedrooms, living/ dining room, kitchen, patio on LBV golf course, utility room, double bathrooms with jacuzzi tubs & separate shower.....everything maintained to Disney standards...you've been in the parks...you know what I mean!

Old Key West can be fully booked and it still never feels crowded. Tons of space to stroll around, 5 pools, great restaurant, bar, and of course Disney activities. If you have a car, you park right by your unit. We've never found anything better!

The Coopers

By cdziuba Sep 23, 2004

Wonderful, immaculate, friendly resort with every amenity you could possibly want. We had a 1bdr villa, top flor, and it was very large and beautifully decorated. The buildings are painted in various Florida shades of blue, green, aqua, green, and others. Can't wait to go back. I miss it!

By lititz May 11, 2004

This is a quiet, secluded resort and so wonderful! The 2 BR unit was very large and roomy. The spacious balcony gave way to a wonderful, quiet view of the interior grounds. We visited early Dec and the holiday decor took your breathe away. If you are looking for peace and quiet, this is for you. If you want action and location to the parks, try another Disney resort. We did find it was best to drive to the parks, verses taking the buses.

By spiceypj Jan 14, 2003

Beautiful, quiet and relaxed on Disney property? - Yes - OKW is all of this and more - very large rooms - full kitchens - room to stretch and live. full size patio/baloncy.