Cypress Pointe Resort

Orlando, Florida

Reviews of Cypress Pointe Resort

Orlando, Florida

4.5

Have you been to Cypress Pointe Resort lately?

By ronniej7 Sep 29, 2014

Cypress Pointe is an incredible family friendly resort. We have stayed here more than a dozen times. We have absolutely no regrets. We come EVERY YEAR, at least once or twice. This year we will have visited 3 times. Can't beat it anywhere. Our friends and family use our resort and have had not one complaint. Ron Jones North Carolina

By lisaf277 Updated Dec 2, 2012

Sarahk's review is obviously for a different resort -- most likely Grand Villas which was in the process of changing its relationship with DRI. Most of the rooms at CPR had been newly renovated at the time she posted that review, and CPR will never come under the countrol of DRI.

We are owners at this resort and use our week most years. We have no complaints about the resort of course, except you have to be careful to order food at the cafe before they close -- which is earlier than some might expect (about 9 pm on Friday night).

We can't wait to see the new children's play area which was recently completed.

By annag74 Jul 22, 2012

We rented two 3 bedroom units right by the pool. We had the best time! The pool is fantastic for kids! My family cannot wait to return next year.

By robf62 Mar 9, 2011

I have nothing but great things to say about my time at Cypress Pointe. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. Our contact, Tony Aramouni, was extremely helpful and any question was answered practically instantaneously. His service and willingness to respond to any question should be a model to all those in customer service. In terms of the location, Cypress Pointe is situated perfectly right outside the Disney Resort (5-10 minute drive) and next to all access highways. My kids enjoyed the pool which is always a must with 3 kids under 10 & the depth of the pool was never a worry(only 3-5 ft). All in all, I have nothing but positive things to say about the property and especially great things about the owner, Tony Aramouni. You can't go wrong with him.

By sarahk109 Nov 9, 2010

Not up to the quality one would find at a Marriott resort. However, there are issues here that are beyond the control of Diamond International. Most of the rooms are in dire need of renovating. When Diamond takes full control, this will be a top notch facility.

By sue653 Updated Nov 9, 2010

We stayed in a newly renovated section: new appliances, bedding, furniture, etc. with a view of the pool.

I would definitely recommend this property. It's only a few blocks from Disney's entrance of Buena Vista Dr. It's close to restaurants, and the Prime Outlet Mall, Starbucks, Paneras, Sweet Tomato, McDonalds, and many others if you don't want to cook much.

However, you can set up house and cook most meals in the unit. We stayed in a two-bedroom which has a full kitchen, washer and dryer, jacuzzi tub, three tvs, and much more.

By bobg259 Oct 12, 2010

My family stayed at Cypress Pointe Resort I in a 3 bedroom lockoff timeshare. The resort was clean and the staff friendly. The kitchen had everything you could possibly want for making anything you would desire. We especially enjoyed the pool at the resort after visiting the parks during the day. The resort is within approximately ten miles from the Disney parks, Seaworld and Universal parks.

I highly recommend our host, Tony Aramouni, he went above and beyond to find us a place to stay from August 15th to August 27th 2010 only 9 days prior to when we were leaving to go on vacation in Orlando. We sent many e-mails back and forth from the time and talked many times on the phone. Being it was over 10 years since we had been to Orlando, Florida, Tony sent us recommendation for the Disney attractions to visit in order to make our stay more enjoyable. He called several times while we were there to make sure we had no problems. He even followed up when we were on our way home that we had a good time. When we plan our next vacation, Tony is the person I will contact and any of my friends that are going to Disney I will recommend they get in touch with Tony Aramouni. He is very friendly and very helpful.

If you are planning your trip to Orlando, Florida, I highly recommend you contact Tony Aramouni. He does work very hard for you and is very helpful.

By tomtom22 Sep 22, 2010

Wanda300 - You are a crybaby!

NO PETS!!

By stu7752 Updated Mar 29, 2010

This is in reply to the Wanda300 comment below.

I am Stu Schwartz, an owner, Board Director and Treasurer of the Cypress Pointe Resort at Lake Buena Vista Condominium Association.

In reply to the recent update regarding Cypress Pointe Resort and an alleged management problem. Ourresort does not allow animals/pets. It is clearly stated on every fact sheet, on the web and even includes an acknowledgment of that policy at check in. The size of the animal isn't the issue, it is the ban that applies to all owners and guests.

The cleaning process required to ensure that the next owner/guest, who depends on the policy to guarantee an animal dander, fur, hair, etc free unit that can be safely used without worry of allergic reaction or other negative is same no matter what the size of the animal or the time period involved. After years of dealing with this occasional issue the resort has a thorough procedure that carries a flat rate of $250 to fully complete. That is on top of the regular cleaning required for each unit after a use is completed.

The resort management regrets that the guest felt this policy somehow reflects that we do not care about her vacation, as nothing could be further from the truth. We regret that this occurred but the policy is clear and was not applied to punish this guest in any way. To somehow blame management and the resort as being uncaring for a guest violating a clearly stated policy does not seem fair. We would welcome the guest back on any future visits, but without any pet.

By wanda300 Updated Mar 10, 2010

******************* MARCH 10,2010 ************************************ I would like to take the time to amend my comment on this resort. I recently returned from three trips to Cypress Point within the last 6 months. The location remains the same; however the service has diminished substantially. I had an awful experience with the management of this facility during the week of February 25-March2, 2010. My daughter came to visit and brought her Toy Pomeranian to visit. Now keep in mind the dog when full grown weights 4 lbs. at present she is 2.25 lbs. The dog was with me for a few hours when someone complained and I was asked to remove the dog from the premises. Which I immediately did!! I was advised there would be a housekeeping fee for having the dog in the room. I understood this statement, however I did not, nor was I made aware prior to the dog’s arrival, that the fee would be $250.00!!!! Upon check out I attempted to discuss this situation with the manager, who refused to take my calls. I have attempted to speak with him on several occasions since, and he is still unavailable for my calls. The only resolution I had to this situation came from DIAMOND RESORTS!! I received a prompt phone call from Mr. Michael Paulson, who resolved my situation within the Diamond Resort organization. Although I am still responsible to Cypress for the $250.00 fee, I felt like my business was appreciated by Diamond Resorts. If Cypress Point treats a customer that returns to their resort 3-4 times a year and recommends this resort to family and friends, I can not imagine how they treat a one time visiting guest. If you are looking to buy a resort, don’t buy here, look at Diamond Resorts and buy points from them. You can try CP but not be locked in to staying here the rest of your life. I am moving down the street to the Grand Beach. It is a much nicer resort. Oh by the way, my coffee bags were opened when I arrived, I had a lizard under my bed, I was out of water for 6 hours on Saturday and the toilet was blocked in suite A. I hate to say farewell to one of my favorite resorts in Orlando, but as Mickey says: “Now it’s time to say good-bye!”

By anthony211 Sep 28, 2009

great place to stay, near everything, restaurants and most of all magic kingdom

By lesleer Jan 6, 2008

This resort has it all and is located a mile from Disney and a short drive to Sea World and Universal Studios. VERY spacious 3 bedrooms (really can accomodate 8 without feeling crowded!) , a volcano pool the kids love, clean, recently refurbished. Gracious and helpful staff. Love it here and always look forward to going back. Won't be disappointed here.

By ra32 Nov 13, 2007

I own two units at this resort ... both configured as lockout units.

These units are spacious and very well appointed.

The pool and other facilities are perfect for those travelling with young children.

The resort is close to Disney and Universal.

Buy a unit or rent one ... you won't be disappointed.

By ceciles6 Updated Jul 19, 2007

We have stayed here many times. - a wonderful place - excellent location, comfortable, clean, reasonable (We always rent.)

By weldonj Jan 21, 2007

Really first class accomodations. Excellent location, well kept surroundings. Exceptional in all respects.

By lcd405 Jun 7, 2006

Wow this place is great. The kids had a great time and I highly recommend it. Rooms are spacious, grounds are beautiful. And seconds from Disney, shopping, restaurants and tons of fun things to do.

By harryd9 Updated Apr 18, 2006

My family and I stayed at this beautiful resort from April 1-8, 2006. The place is, simply put fantastic in every degree. It offered the "stones throw" location to Disney and closeness to Sea World and Island of Adventure/Universal Studios which was the highlights of our spring break vacation. Upon check-in we felt that we had made the right choice in billeting. However, it was not until I saw the jaws dropped of my 5 , 13 yr old accompanied by my wife after opening the door to our 2 bedroom castle that I knew I had passed with flying colors.

Everything was breath taking upon first look. My 13 year old son loved the living room area with "his" huge screen television. My 5 year old daughter adored "her" bedroom that themed a ship harbor with sailboat headboard displays. Didn't matter that she would be sharing with her brother. My wife enjoyed the interior decorated overly large master with screened patio attached. The jacuzzi was beautifully arranged and located in a nice spot for our private moments.

The valcano swimming pool was located in the other section but was only a short walk away and was a + for the kids.

We had friends who were in Orlando on spring break also and were green with envy when they saw our accomodations. They could not believe how little we paid for our week long stay in an Orlando CASTLE.

No need to ask where the family and I will stay the next time we are in Orlando! Do your family a favor .....and STAY HERE!

By andyt9 Updated Mar 21, 2006

just rented this place for a 2 bedroom 2 baths and all mod- cons n nice swimming pools heated, salt water pool thorughly enjoyed by the whole family . This facility was also recently renovated..

one downside was lack of highspeed internet access in the phase 2 units ( only dial up access) but u can pay ($20/7DAYS) n use wireless access near the main office/gameroom

therefore highly recommended the 2 bedroom units for your family with kids

By bethb71 Mar 8, 2006

We just came back from spending a week in a 2 bedroom,2 bath unit. We were very pleased with our stay, the units are beautiful and clean. The kids loved the big screen TV in the living room. The pool and heated hot tub was great as well. Would definitely recommend it to a family planning on going to Florida to visit. It was only a 10 minute drive to Disney and other attractions.

By jeanne402 Oct 3, 2005

We stated in this resort in one bedroom. Very awkward rooms. TV difficult to see from sofa as it was in the bedroom portion. Lacking dressers to put clothing into. The kitchen chairs were upholstered and dirty. Ironing board would not stay upright. Get a larger unit. Pools were nice, plenty of security.

By pdm228 Updated Jun 9, 2005

Update: Stayed at Disney (April 2005), but needed an additional night in Orlando, as an owner I got a preferred rate of $45 for a 2BR. The unit was spectacular, everything new, the dining room table set beautifully, really made an impression. Wish I had stayed longer. Location is excellent, great resort.

Rented unit (6/19/04-6/26/04). Here is the e- mail I received from the renter:

"We had a wonderful time, and we did get one of the newly refurbished units. The kids absolutely loved the pool. It worked out really well and the condo and the people that worked there were great."

By chris743 May 2, 2005

We stayed in this resort June, 2004, for 8 days and loved every minute of it. Our 3 bedroom, 3 bath was in excellent shape and was ~50 feet from the volcano pool. We have 5 children, age 2- 11, and had our neices, 11 and 12, with us and the pool worked great for them. We order the on site pizza several times and it was piping hot and delivered in 20 minutes. The prices were great also. The staff was great, and we had no problems to speak of. The studio side of the 3 bedroom condo does not leave anything to the imagination due to the tub, toilet and shower are all exposed to the bed area. So if your modest, be sure to bring blinders for your spouse. The only complaint I would have was the long distant phone charges. Ours was over $130.00 and the charges are outragious. Be sure to use a cell phone, calling card or something other than their long distant service, because it adds up quick.

The location is great! Less than 5 minutes to the gates of MGM Studios or the Disney water parks or Downtown Disney. All parks are accessible from here as well as the main interstate heading back to Orlando. Grocery stores, pharmacy and all the great eating establishments are only a stones throw away.

We would highly recommend this resort to any one with children! Our price was 83.00 a night for a 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo, less than 50 feet to the pool. It was like living in paradise for 8 days.

Look forward to returning someday!

By samuel35 Apr 30, 2005

Stay March 27-31,2005 We recently stayed at Cypress Point and we had a large 2 Bedroom unit which as very spacious. The resort grounds were kept very well. The staff was great warm and friendly.Looking forward to visting again.

S.Burns

By s172 Apr 21, 2005

Location, location, location! This is superb as a base for all that Orlando has to offer. Huge unit! Recently refurbished, anything you need is here. Super close to Disney. Great family area and resort.

By gerry10 Updated Mar 28, 2005

I stayed here two years ago. at br unit was beautifull and very well equipoed.

The grounds and facilities were very nice.

Location right near Lake Buenavista entrance to Disney Village.

Only complaint was that there were no security guards at entrance,

I would not hesitate to stay there again.

By edward97 Dec 31, 2004

We stayed in a three bedroom unit from November 20th to November 27th, 2004. This is a very large unit with THREE bathrooms to compliment the three bedrooms. Very spacious and very well equipped. Great location near Lake Buena Vista with a good selection of restaurants nearby. The unit also had Internet access available for $19.95 per WEEK!

We had only two negatives. The bathrooms in the master suites had no doors, but plenty of mirrors. From the beds, you could view all bathroom and shower activities via the mirrors. (Probably not suited for the most modest!) If one were looking for complete privacy in the bathroom, one would have to use the centrally located, smaller bathroom.

Though not a problem per se, it would have been nice to see more effort put forth to remove the insect webs in the common hallways.

All in all, this was a great place to stay. This is the second year we've stayed in this area and have been extremely happy with restaurants and accessibility to theme parks.

By pam132 Mar 29, 2004

Our family just returned from a week at this resort. It was one of our best trips ever. We have 5 children, ages 7 to 20, and everyone enjoyed the room, pool, game room, location, etc. Can't wait to return!

By upnsmoke Updated Jan 5, 2004

Very spacious rooms. Average furnishings. A bit noisy. Grounds are very nice, pool is nice. Room was in decent shape but a bit run down and not extremely clean.

By mcglor Updated Dec 13, 2003

Stayed June of 2003.Unit ran down,carpet bad, big screen tv was broken.Staff wasn't very friendly and pool water was cold because of volcano in pool.We have been to Orlano 9 years in a row.This is probably the worst resort we have stayed in.

By marzee820 Aug 6, 2003

We purchased a 3 bedroom unit on a resale at this resort - to use mainly for exchange purposes. However, we decided to use the unit this year and bank it for an int'l exchange next year. We were so pleased with the spacious rooms and the on site amenities, our kids and our firends want to cancel the int'l trip and return to Cypress Pointe again next year. Other relatives also want to own at Cypress Pointe. The volcano pool was a big hit.

By delta78 Dec 10, 2002

a very beautiful resort,for sure one gona return when you visit the resort.

By maryjo56 Dec 3, 2002

We have stayed in the 3 bedroom 3 bathroom unit and enjoyed it very much.

By sowers Nov 27, 2002

Stayed twice and love it. Much better this year than two years ago. Great improvements.

By chasej Updated Oct 2, 2002

Close to everything you want to do in Orlando. Large units with many amenities. Volcano pool big hit with the kids.