Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Mountains

Lake Lure, North Carolina

Reviews of Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Mountains

Lake Lure, North Carolina

4.1

Have you been to Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Mountains lately?

By jamest1 Sep 29, 2009

I can't really assign a rating but it is required so I give it three stars. The reason I can't assign a rating is because we didn't stay there. We had a reservation with Wyndham but ended up in a VRI resort (Fox Run) so look for a review there.

We are platinum owners at Wyndham. We like Wyndham resorts and have stayed in many of them many times, almost always happily. We make reservations at a Wyndham resort expecting to stay at Wyndham resort, not at a VRI resort. (Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with VRI resorts. We own some weeks with VRI. It is a matter of expectations.) We have a reservation at Fairfield Mountain next spring and came to Lake Lure for the weekend to see if we wanted to spend the week there. What we found was a very pretty area but we learned nothing about Wyndham's facilities here. In fact, I'm now wondering about where we will end up next spring.

By angela942 Jun 4, 2006

Lake Lure has spectacular views and recreation activities to suit almost anyone. The Mountain Loft floor plans are unique and VERY well maintained. The decor is tastefully done. We love being in the mountains and being able to go boating, fishing, swimming, etc. at the lake. There are quaint little shops nearby and terrific sight seeing too! I loved my stay at Lake Lure and hope to visit again! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

By rothschild May 31, 2003

A gorgeous place to visit - scenery is awesome. Some units are not managed by Fairfield and are a bit run-down - but if you get a Mountain Loft unit ( which are managed by Fairfield) you are in for a real treat. Unit is well furnished and maintained and very spacious

By oneswellpig Apr 27, 2003

Liked the area. Rooms had large cobb webbs and there were cigerette holes in the bed spread. Plus there were large black ants inthe room after it rained.

The area was awesome. Worth the cobb webbs and ants. (Almost) Could have been a fluke. Willing to give the resort another chance. Exercise room needed help. Several pieces of equipment were broke.

By bgriggs Jan 2, 2003

This resort is probably the most beautiful that I have visited ( not just because I own here) of all the places that I have been to since owning timeshare for ten years. Lake Lure is beautiful and the resort has quiet mountains all around. The units are wonderful and roomy and our whole family finds something to do and enjoy.