Jockey Club

Las Vegas, Nevada

Timeshare reviews at Jockey Club

Las Vegas, Nevada

By emiliot5 Jan 11, 2016

My wife and I spent 7 days from Dec. 30 - Jan 6 at the Jockey Club. We stayed at the Derby building facing north side which is the further building from the strip.

We have a nice view during the New Year's Eve fireworks show. I've owned Timeshare point system so the view that we were in was assigned during check in. I guess I got lucky because the view facing north. If your view is facing south, you ended up with the view of a wall but regardless of the view, the Las Vegas Strip is only about 5 mins. walk to the famous Bellagio Fountain and it will go off every 15-30 mins. depends on the time of the day.

My wife and I had a blast because everything is pretty much a walking distance to the big casinos. We live in Las Vegas but its our first time spending time in a hotel so we felt like tourists walking down the strip and go back to our hotel after we got tired.

Jockey Club is perfect for its location. The staffs are friendly and attentive to our needs. The room is clean and the bed is very comfortable. Large walk-in closet and lots of clothes hangers. Full kitchen complete with pots and pans, ovens, stove, and everything you can think of. Its truly " a home away from home."

Free addicting pop corn and coffee every day at the main lobby which is a nice add-on after a long walk before going back to our room.

Many of us locals doesn't go out much on the strip. But after staying at the Jockey Club, me and my wife are planning to go back again by the end of the year 2016.

By tys4 Updated Dec 16, 2014

Just back from another visit Nov. 2014. Everything stated below is still true. This really is a great place to stay in a great location.

Great place right on the strip next to the Bellagio and across the strip from the Planet Hollywood (formerly the Alladin). Immediately next door to the brand new Cosmopolitan. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!! FREE parking. Walking distance to all the big strip hotels. Property is VERY well maintained. Staff is friendly. I have owned 2 weeks since 1980 and have stayed here MANY times over the years. Just returned from a visit in Oct 2011. Units are well equipped and have a full kitchen. For me, I much prefer staying in a time share condo rather than a hotel room. This is a great property in a great location and a great value. Try it. You'll love it!

By brucec175 Apr 13, 2014

I give the Jockey Club a 5 out of 5, staff is fantastic, room very very clean, very quiet, close to all the amenities offered "gambling, shopping, etc all of these items ensure we keep coming back and yes we own 2 weeks here and may look into purchasing more.

By brianr264 Jun 2, 2011

This place is absolutely the best place that I have ever stayed at in Las Vegas for the price. I did not expect it to be so close to the center of it all yet tucked away at the same time. You can get right to the action when you want and at the same time have a little me time. I will definitely stay here many times more to come.

By mathewe5 Feb 24, 2011

great close to everything down town clean safe the best

By arielleg Apr 15, 2010

Jockey Club's location couldn't be better! It is literally ton Las Vegas Blvd tucked between City Center and the Bellagio and was a home-away-from-home for us as it had a full-sized kitchen and our room overlooked the Bellagio Fountains! I'd highly recommend it and we're looking forward to going back next year. Lorenzo S.

By richardl105 Feb 2, 2010

Location, location, location. We own 4 weeks. Units are being refurbished. Once Cosmopolitan is completed, this will be 6 stars.

By linleyw2 Jun 30, 2008

We have just returned from a holiday at the Jockey Club in May. We had a wonderful holiday the staff were marvellous the apartment was spotless and the location - right in the middle of the strip!. I only deducted one star because of building work. However, that did not disturb us as work was in the main carried out during the daytime.

I cannot rate this venue highly enough.

Linley & Mick Woolley, United Kingdom.

By jslanierl Updated Apr 29, 2008

If you want location, then Jockey Club is it!!!!

By stevep174 Nov 19, 2007

Just got back. I am rating for location, location, location; level of staffs responsiveness to meet the visitors needs; free DVD rental, coffee popcorn and morning sweetrolls; onsite market and shuttle service. I deducted a point because of the construction (while I was not put out by it, there was a low level of noise and a potential for more, so if your going you should know this) and the fact that there is no spa on-site and no bathtub in room.

By margaretf43 Oct 31, 2007

We stayed at the Jockey Club October 25-30, there was a handicapped child in our group. The staff was very helpful to us; one of the valets called us a special handicapped van on the morning we left. Housekeeping brought up a playpen and highcahir within 10 minutes of our request. Our 2-bedroom room was in a good location, as outside our window was a cement area with no active construction. We did hear construction noises early in the morning two mornings, but none the other days. The rooms were nice, if dated. We got a movie from the Hospitality Room one night, the folks there were very nice.

You can cross the street about 1/2 block away, and the shuttle took us to Planet Hollywood and we were able to catch the shuttle back to Jockey Club at same place. It's easy to walk to the Bellagio from the valet parking entrance.

However, some of the tenants we talked to in the elevator said the construction was so close to their rooms that they could not sleep at all.

By drstepheng Oct 9, 2007

By dr28 Updated Sep 25, 2007

Manager was totally un-sympathethic and unhelpful about parking and would not lift a finger to help. One star because of the parking and horrible pathetic uncaring unconcerned unenthusiastic attitude of manager. She said she did not care If I reported online since units were all owned. All I asked for was to be certain to be able to valet park the last night because I had an early flight and the parking shuttle took over a half hour.

Shuttle just sits..until they feel like running it. And, they do not shuttle to your car, but the bottom level of a have to drop suitcases over curb go around doors and up elevator. (Took me two trips and one hour). At least the driver was nice and told to go around.

One night, arriving one a.m. and the Valet being full I was told to find some parking lot somewhere. No directions. Unless you understand the shuttle is somewhere else no where near, you can wait for hours. No one is familiar with the Jockey shuttle. To catch it you have to walk in unsecured shopping area down eight levels to first floor and out and around over curbs to center. Very confusing shuttle (especially at that time). Do figure shuttle out early and do a test run. You may need it. We tried a test run during the day and never found the shuttle stop. No one heard of it.

After I filed complaint about it being unsafe to use the shuttle at one a.m., and moved car back at the THE VALET they immediately WRECKED my car on white posts car was parked next to. They stupidly told me MOST posts were wrapped except all the front ones (-you know next to my car).

On the plus side, the housekeeping was great..superb..will wash dishes, change linens daily, vacuum...but they will come into your unit --no way to stop, only delay.

The one bedroom unit had salt and pepper, coffee, washing soap, hair dryer (Shampoo no conditioner). DVDs to check out and free popcorn. Bath was plain,. small and simple one tub/shower and sink. Located in bedroom. Kitchen/Microwave small.

Our unit faced construction 24/7 right next to unit not just during the day and we were given earplugs to wear. I can sleep through only concern was the alarm had no sound adjustment and may not be loud enough over construction at four a.m. to wake me.

The room was in a tower in another building so it was a series of elevators and a bunch of steps and long hall. Not convenient and very confusing.

They have porter service but for check out it is unreliably slow..listening to other guests.

They do have a security man at the curb to help you get car out onto busy Las Vegas Blvd. All of this is during construction.

Pool was covered with a net. Hot tub is inside and up steps.

We did meet an owner of ten units and was able to extend the stay for another member of the party at a good rate.

So with the caveat of parking/construction/uncaring manager/ noise / steps /2 elevators and long hall; it is ok. Great location.

I was told valet parking was mandatory. They never said except every weekend when full and then it is unavailable. The daytime valet said just tell them I was going to fly and they would accommodate???

That is a risk. The guys on nights are unreliable?? and unconcerned. Was only one.

So You either take taxi and leave car in Valet or take a chance of being in the lot and walking around deserted parking lot 8 levels un-escorted. I had a wedding to go to. I do not like unreliable situations. Like to know. I sure do not like arriving at one a.m. and being told to go find someplace to park and walk.

Spent my time filling out an accident report the last morning (DUH)..and missed breakfast with my brother. Why the night valet asked me to wait is a mystery. They wrecked my car in Valet . So do check your car carefully before you leave each time.

The airport security clearance is horrendous and long they combine all flights for each terminal. The fast check-in $20 per person at the car rental took 1/2 hour with only one in line ahead of me. On the plus side, you can check in and print boarding passes at Jockey club.

The resort is NOTHING like the picture. Has building being built right next to it. Not open, sunny, as shown. But If you do have a view of Bellgio, I bet it is real nice.

Was able to get into Jockey Club at last minute, with the exception of a second unit on Saturday.

By hank62 Aug 8, 2007

Great property, we love the Jockey club it is an older property but a great value being on the strip in the middle of it all. Highly recomended!!

By yvonnew16 Jun 19, 2007

Five stars for location, four stars for the property. We have just spent four nights in a two bedroom two bathroom unit with magnificent views of the Bellagio fountains and The Strip. It was a fantastic four days, found it very hard to sleep because of the adrenalin pumping through our veins. Did not use the pool or other facilities as we were too busy looking at all the hotels, casinos etc. Went to Le Reve show at the Wynn Casino, it was unbelievable and mind-boggling. Found the room to be very clean, staff were very friendly and efficient and daily maid service was provided which was unexpected. Was not affected at all by any noise from the construction going on around the building but of course the outside scenery was not the best and there was lots of dust but they seem to have the dust under control. We loved having the living room in which to sit and have a drink with the couple travelling with us as well as two friends from the Los Angeles area (who were staying in their own timeshare out of town), who visited us. We enjoyed a helicopter ride over The Strip. Would highly recommend this property and will be seeking to purchase accommodation again for our daughter and family who will be visiting Las Vegas October 2008. Thanks for everything is extended to the fantastic staff.

By litarc Updated Feb 5, 2007

Excellent location. We could walk to the majority of the hotels/casinos in both directions. We didn't rent a car until the last day. In comparison to all the glitzy hotels on the strip it is simple but very adequate. It served our purposes because we were up and out every morning. It was clean, spacious. Nice decor. A restaurant onsite would be nice. There's plenty of places to eat on the strip but sometimes you just don't want to go out. Room service as a option is always nice. I could care less about the activities they had to offer with all that the strip has. Don't miss the Bellagio buffet. I would definately stay at the Jockey Club again.

By lewh Dec 27, 2006

Excellent. Very clean. The service was super. We were very pleased with the time share.

By tom1463 Nov 8, 2005

We loved The Jockey Club. The staff was very friendly. The location was great, and the rooms were very nice. We liked the walk in closet and the kitchen. What more would you need in a timeshare.

By helen73 Updated Jul 6, 2005

The Jockey club is as folks have said in other postings. You love it or hate it. We love it and wouldn't swap for another timeshare unit.

It is NOT the glamorous place to stay with fancy landscaping, etc. What it does have is LARGE rooms, bath rooms, kitchen and units have been fully refurbished. It is NOT like being in a hotel as you have lots of room to roam in the units - even the one bedrooms. Our 2 bedroom is quite spacious and well laid out. We have had ten people at one time there for a party and had plenty of space.

The pool area is okay but it is NOT owned by the resort but by the timeshare sales folks on the second floor and it is adequate. It is clean and wet and during the hot Vegas days is refreshing.

But who goes to sit around a pool? We went for the shows, other entertainment and gambling. The beds were comfortable and the units spacious and that are two of our our requirements for being timeshare owners.

However, now that a new highrise is going in within steps of the JC, this is THE place to own as Jockey Club owners are supposed to be allowed to use the facilities at this new hotel and casino. The JC owners are supposed to be allowed to use the pool and entertainment areas also.

The new construction makes this a MOST VALUABLE property!! Prices for the units should skyrocket the moment ground breaking occurs and the return on investment for owning a unit will be super! It is also a property which is ripe for being bought out by the developers of the towers going in currently.

For renters, the JC is more than adequate. You don't have to go far to gamble, shop, eat at restaurants, etc. Its all RIGHT THERE within steps of the entrance. And as for cabs? Forget them and use the TRAM which is up and operating! You can do the strip for $3.00 from one end to the other. CABS are expensive!!

This is a wonderful resort for comfortable units of large size as well as lOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!

The major hotels are right next door and across the street right on the strip!

Don't miss an opportunity to sell or rent!

Contact me if interested in renting for next year.

By brent198 Jun 12, 2005

I love the Jockey's probably the strangest property in either love it or hate it. What's to love? Great location. Right in the middle of the strip. If you're lucky enough to get a north side room, great view of the Bellagio fountains. Large, large units. One time a business associate who was staying at the Bellagio came over, he said, "my room is the size of your walk in closet." Full can bring your leftovers home, or grab a quick breakfast in the room and don't have to eat out every meal. Last, but not least, there is no gaming, so you don't have to walk miles through a casino to get to your room.

OK, the negatives. The pool area lacks. From the outside, it looks like a 60's apartment building (which is actually is, or was), no glitz or glamour to this property at all, just utility. On a temporary basis, construction on the south side.

If you want glitz, glamour, and on-site gaming, stay away. If you want a clean, comfortable, large, well located's for you.

By dor127 Jan 15, 2005

I have been staying at the Jockey Club every

year since 1999. Even through the

renovations, I can't imagine staying anywhere

else. Its a home away from home, right on the

strip, close to everything. Beautiful clean

rooms with fantastic views, friendly staff,

convenience store with food and souveniers on

the premises.

By jason11 Dec 30, 2004

I give the Jockey Club a 3 star only for the amazing view wehad of the Bellagio fountains. Otherwise it was just like any other "hotel" we have stayed in. It did not have that "resort" feel to it. The room was nice overall. It had a very large walk-in closet, but would have preferred a small closet to a larger bathroom with a jacuzzi tub perhaps. They had constuction going on out front which made the resort look desolate. It would be nice if there was a more direct route to get to the Bellagio.

Also, if the sales staff wants to sell their newer properties, it would be wise of them to have better incentive offers. They offered 2nd rate show tickets and the gifts just looked cheap. This sales staff should also be understanding to the number of days the guests will be visiting. We were only there for a couple of days. I do not want to take 2-3 hours out of my short stay to go to a presentation in which I know I'm not going to buy, let alone at the prices they are offering.

Overall, the resort served its purpose for us - A place to sleep! There is so much more to do in Vegas than hang around the hotel all day!

By elainebrotchie Dec 2, 2004

This resort is in an excellent location. Small pool but never too crowded when we were there in July 2004. We had a 2 bedded suite facing the Bellagio fountains, terrific view.

By jeremyda Updated Sep 24, 2004

We stayed at Jockey in February of 2004. Although it rained the whole four days we were in Vegas, our room had a perfect view of Bellagio, Paris, and the strip! We didn't even have to leave the room because our view was so awesome (but, of course, we did because the Cheerleading Nationals were being held across the street at Aladdin). We felt very comfortable and the entire staff was friendly and accommodating! We will be back in early 2005.

By maebj Updated Jul 15, 2004

very very nice. We really enjoyed oursleves We want to come back in 2004

By wasabanker Feb 21, 2004

The unit was nice but getting a cab was well nigh impossible. The cabbies even admit that they do NOT willingly pick up here. Count on a minimum wait of 30 miutes for any cab promised within 5 minutes. A 10 minute promise can turn into a 2 hour wait.

By mriddle265 Aug 28, 2003

We have stayed at The Jockey Club two times, and we love it. This is a great place to stay if you are taking the kids. The room was perfect, staff great. Everything you need is within walking distance.

By califasgirl Updated May 29, 2003

Very spacious 1 bedroom, 2 bath (6-person occupancy). The resort is right on the Strip between Monte Carlo and Bellagio. The pool is open 24 hours. Local and toll-free calls are free. Free video rentals and email. Daily maid service! The only complaint I have is trying to get in and out of the parking lot. Because it's on the Strip, hordes of people swarm over the sidewalk, and it's nearly impossible to get in and out of the parking lot.

By baybay1 Updated May 6, 2003

The front building is being torn down. The back building is still there. This was as of my May 2003 visit to LV.

By diamondpearl Apr 1, 2003

We stayed at the Jockey Club fr: 3/24/03- 3/31/03. Great location on the strip. Excellent service by the staff. They are doing alot of renovations, so the outside looks a bit uninviting, but the rooms are great. They had daily activities for the guests and transportation (shuttles, city buses, strip trolleys) are all readily available.

By dlgony Updated Mar 1, 2003

Best value in Las Vegas! Great Location, well equipped updated rooms. Starting a renovation to modernize hallways and some common space areas. Not really a resort, but with all there is to do in Vegas, a clean and comfortable facility, with daily maid service makes Jockey Club a winner!

By dsull Feb 3, 2003

I have been an owner at the Jockey Club for 10 yrs and have never regretted the purchase.

It's a great place, more like home than a timeshare, and we love the location.

By hussey_ek Updated Jan 29, 2003

I really enjoyed my stay here because it was located near the BIG Casinos, which were located on the Las Vegas Strip. The condos were lovely, and I had a view of all of the great Casinos. However, the only drawback about the trip was when I had to go home.

Great Resort Overall!!!

By mfrancis Jan 2, 2003

This is a great location - friendly staff - easy parking on the strip........couldn't be better! We love our Jockey Club Investment.

By crisdee Updated Oct 2, 2002

We own two weeks here. Have not traded our weeks as we use them here at our resort. Recently remodeled. Great daily maid service, friendly staff, internet service in the lobby, daily activities if you just want to hang out! Great location next to the Bellagio...