Reviews of Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort

Las Vegas, Nevada

4.4

Have you been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort lately?

By mrp4 Jan 23, 2015

have stayed here a few time over the last few years and it gets better every time a very nice resort well done holiday inn group

By henrya50 Oct 15, 2014

Nice and clean and great location.

By jeffc509 Dec 30, 2013

World Class resort with RCI Gold Crown level.

By louie1776 Updated Nov 14, 2013

Beautifully renovated to RCI Gold Crown level. One block from The Strip. Shuttles to the Strip.

By ethanm3 Updated Jan 24, 2012

I was not familiar with the old Las Vegas Desert Club timeshares and understand that they were dated and not comparable to some of the newer ones available near the Vegas Strip. Additionally, during my visit, they had not completed all construction on the new location, however, we did stay in one of the new buildings.

To put it simply, Summer Bay Resorts Las Vegas Desert Club is NOT your parents' timeshare.

New furniture, new carpeting, 47" televisions, and less than a 1/2 mile walk to the strip (on cross street of Tropicana) made this property wonderful. The staff were very helpful (and would likely be even more responsive after construction was finished) and the rooms were wonderfully well kept. We had one punch-list item (one of the bathroom towel bars had not been installed), and we let them know and they showed up right away (within a few minutes), installed the bar, cleaned up, and left after a total of 10 minutes.

While I don't spend a ton of time in my room when visiting Vegas, the time that I DID spend was more luxurious than my own home. Summer Bay Resorts Las Vegas Desert Club is now the ONLY place that I stay when I visit.

By thomasj152 Updated Aug 19, 2009

We are owners at the new Summer Bay Resorts Las Vegas Desert Club time share and just returned from our first visit to the new facility (located one block from the old facilty which has been torn down). It is simply amazing!!! A recent $45,000,000 renovation of the units in the Desert Club has been completed. Work is being completed on the final step of the renovation to the club house (completely new) which should be completed by November, 2009. ALL of the living units have been completely renovated to include such extras as a plasma TV in every room, fireplaces, and all new furniture, carpets, plumbing fixtures, air conditioning, etc.

In real estate, they always talk about "LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION" as being most important. And the Summer Bay Resorts Desert Club has a prime location. It is right in the heart of the Las Vegas strip near the corner of Las Vegas Boulevard and Flamingo Road. Within easy walking distance are Bally's, Flamingo, Imperial Palace, Harrahs, Venetian, Bellagio, and Caesars Palace. The monorail is approximately 1-1/2 blocks away to provide easy access to the rest of the strip. And to make things even easier, shuttles run to several of the other casinos starting early in the day and ending late at night.

The Summer Bay Resorts Las Vegas Desert Club is definitely a Five Star facility!!!

By debraw74 May 26, 2008

I am an owner here and have been for the past eleven years. I always stay here when coming to Vegas, even though I own several other time shares in the area. Why? When staying in Vegas, the location is extremely important and the amenities are secondary. When I am in Vegas, more than any other place I travel, I spend very little time in the room. The units are dated, but clean, and the staff is friendly and accomodating. The location is just what one needs to get to The Strip and the monorail system. The Imperial Palace is at your backdoor. Also as a side note, this resort will soon disappear as it will be "relocated" in the same area in an incredible new time share facility with a brand new name. Good bye, Summer Bay! We are looking forward to staying at the new facility like we did at the old one!

By debbieh121 Feb 7, 2007

I have stayed at the Summer Bay Resort in Las Vegas for the last 5 years and I have been very happy. The location is awesome. The monarail is right behind your apartment with a private elevator for Summer Bay guest only. You are at the heart of Vegas. Directly behind Flamingo and Caesars Palace, Harrah's, Bally's, Bellagio. The resort is clean and the staff friendly and fun. This resort is probably not as upscale as others but you are in Vegas and so much to do that believe me the 2 bedroom apartment has everything you need at the end of your day. The beds are nice and comfortable. The kitchen is well stocked with everything you need. I am going again in two weeks and look forward to my stay at Summer Bay.

By paule6 Nov 1, 2006

Great loacation and the staff are extremely helpfull. The units are newly renovated like a home away from home. Loved the unit and would stay there anytime.

By lkurtz Updated Sep 16, 2006

This is a Great Resort!, Wonderful staff & front desk, and location. It has excercise room, sauna, many pools, store, discounted tickets & tour prices. You can walk(1 block off strip) or take free van to most of the Casinos or the new monorail that has a stop at this resort. We own in the newer PLAZA section which has its own pool, full kitchen, quiet air, and is Very NICE compared to some of the other villas. We go here every year and are never dissapointed! They are constantly up grading the units, so you can't rely on the people that write negative comments.

By lisa2912 Jan 19, 2006

Stayed here first week of January 2006. Very good location. Easy to get anywhere. Staff very friendly and willing to do anything to help. Units have been upgraded and we were told that even more is being done. We look forward to returning!

By marge3630 Sep 11, 2004

Summer 2004 our son stayed at this resort and he said the room was remodeled and very nice. New kitchen appliances, large tv, etc. The location is super and just behind Harrah's and the Imperial and within walking distance to the "Strip", bus shuttles and monorail.

By a.c.gonzalez Feb 2, 2004

We have been visiting Las Vegas NV since 1981 and have been staying in what is now known as Summer Bay Resort. Before that is was called The Grand Flamingo, then it was the Ramada Vacation Club after that it was called The Leisure Resorts. We have seen a remarkable growth through the years and each time it has gotten better. We enjoy staying there because it is clean and neat also the staff there provides you with anything you need to make your stay enjoyable. We believe the Summer Bay Resort Mangement will continue to build this Resort to become even bigger and better than it ever was.

By freybaby Updated Jan 27, 2004

A great place in las vegas close to the action.

By nanc Feb 8, 2003

We stayed at Leisure Resorts in May of 2002 .We enjoyed our stay so much that we are returning Mar. 18th thru the 25th, thanks to Redweek.com. It is more convenient than staying at one of the casinos- we enjoyed staying at the Excalibur-but Leisure Resorts is more family oriented. This trip my brother and sister in law are joining us for a few days. I will let you know what they had to say about the resort.