Reviews of Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

Palm Beach, Aruba

4.2

Have you been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort lately?

By hannahc27 Sep 26, 2016

My husband and I own a timeshare at the Divi Phoenix Resort and we absolutely love it! Our room is located in the newer tower, Tower 8. It's just steps from the pool and the ocean! We go back every year with our daughter! The weather is absolutely gorgeous and we feel very safe on the island. We always rent a car or a quad, for our entire stay, and explore every inch of the island. I love shopping, so I always take the bus downtown to Oranjestad by myself, while my husband goes snorkeling with our daughter. The resort is located across the street of the Butterfly Farm (a must see if you have small children) and within walking distance to all the fabulous restaurants and shops in Palm Beach.

By theodoreb16 Sep 23, 2016

My wife and I love the Phoenix; we own two two bedroom lockouts week 8&9. The resort is so relaxing and the amenities are terrific. Although the phoenix is on Palm Beach it is at the south end so you don't get people encroaching on your space and the restaurants, shops, etc are a short stroll down the beach. The personnel who work there are polite and attentive to your needs. We also own at the Costa Linda and Divi Golf, but the Phoenix is where we usually stay.

By vincents118 Sep 22, 2016

It's becoming my home away from home. I love being there so much that it's our #1 choice for travel. Someday I'll introduce my children to the rest of the world, but right now I just want to visit Aruba.

By carol1224 Updated Apr 27, 2016

We are owners but rented in a villa first week of April, 2016. A great place for an R and R. We loved it.

By neilm66 Oct 9, 2014

We had rented here for a couple of years from redweek owners and absolutely loved it! There is no better view at any other of the timeshares on Palm Beach than what nearly all the tower units provide. Always plenty of room on the beach and at pools. Newly renovated rooms this year so we are hoping they have replaced the harder mattress! Liked the resort so well, we decided to end the uncertainties that come from renting each year and ended up purchasing the first two weeks in January from distressed owners needing to sell at a fraction of the price we were offered from the resort. Now were looking to buy a week 3 at a good price! Just an amazing location to spend a vacation.

By jeanw Jun 3, 2014

This is the best resort on the island. Within walking distance to all high rise hotels, restaurants shopping and casinos, yet quiet and spacious on the beach and pool for relaxing during the day. We have been going for 12 years, seen many positive changes and recommend to all.

By estherg31 Jan 1, 2014

been going to Aruba 20 years first time last year at the Divi going back again the best experience

By hazelm16 Mar 3, 2013

We are longtime owners at the Costa Linda, Playa Linda and recently at the Divi Phoenix. We love the Lindas but now stay at the newly built towers at the Phoenix. The location is quiet but near night time activity. The views from the porches is spectacular. The rooms are clean and newly furnished. The staff is very responsive to needs. Whether you stay in the older section or the 4 newly built towers, you will be happy and satisfied. We go for 3 weeks during the peak season in January and never feel crowded on the beach as you do at the other resorts along Palm Beach.

By davidc1191 Dec 31, 2012

i have been going to the phoenix for years..my issues are they have let the property go down on service and repair

By terencef2 Jun 13, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Aruba last week (first week of June) and stayed in a studio on the 8th floor of the tower. Our room overlooked the sea and we absolutely loved the view! The rook was clean and looked to be update recently. We had everything to fix breakfast and/or lunch in the studio and it worked out great, The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was small but perfectly adequate for the two of us. The serviced the room every day with fresh towels and emptied the garbage, and did a mid-week cleaning. This was fine for us. The staff was very friendly. They tried to get us to come to a pitch but we declined and weren't bothered again.

The resort is located at the southern end of Palm Beach, so it is a decent walk to the other end, but perfectly doable and enjoyable along the beach walk. The nice part about it is that it is away from the more crowded area of the beach. We found it to be quite quiet and never had a problem nor saw a problem getting either a palalpa on the beach or a chair at the pool. We didn't stay on the beach much as the windy conditions in Aruba tended to kick up the sand. We enjoyed the pool more. The resort had a nice pool area and we enjoyed the swim up bar a few times. Everything was clean and well kept around the pool and beach area. They have several gas grills set up around the property and actually got some new ones while we were there. We grilled some fresh fish one of the evenings and ate by the pool, which was enjoyable and saved some money vs. going to the expensive Aruba restaurants every night!

We didn't eat at the resort a lot but what we had was fine. We had the BBQ buffet at the Sunset Bistro the first night and it was good and a decent value at about $24 each. The service was a bit slow, as they didn't really have enough servers on - the ones working were hustling to keep up. But hey, we just got there so were OK with the slower pace. The setting on the beach was very nice. We had an chicken quesadilla appetizer at PureBeach pool bar, which was actually very good. The drinks were a decent price, especially at happy hour.

All in all, I would definitely stay again, especially for the price we paid for the week. The Phoenix is a great value and would recommend it, especially this time of year.

By margaretc116 Sep 18, 2010

We have stayed at the Aruba Phoenix for years. We love it. It is even more upscale with the new pools and they have upgraded the high rise units. The view from the high rise units is just amazing!!

By jg49 Jun 30, 2010

We have been going to the Phoenix for many years now. They have updated the tower and the new buildings are lovely. New lobby and shops. We do miss the old staff. But overall a great place.

By donf103 May 11, 2009

Spent two weeks in the new villas in a penthouse on the top two floors. It was SUPER! Brand new everything! Great views of the pool, the ocean, even downtown from the top floor! Great location within walking distance to great restaurants and casinos, but better beach and away from the High Rise hub-bub! Beach side dining was awesome with good food and great service. New pool with swim-up bar was lots of fun. Definitely recommend this resort to everyone!

By carl374 Jun 11, 2008

Every time we come to Aruba for a week we end up spending three. Unfortunately, we have not been able to extend our time at the Divi Aruba Phoenix and end up at the Marriott because we own two weeks in Palm Springs. What passes for a ocean view at the Marriott Ocean Club and the Surf Club is a view of the other building unless you go onto the balcony and look carefully between the palm trees for a spec of blue. From the tower at the Divi Phoenix the view is spectaular! The restrauants are great and reasonably priced compared to the Marriott. We especially liked dining on the sand.

We liked our room, which was recently renovated and had two balconies. This enabled my wife to sleep while I got up early and enjoyed my moring coffee on the living room bancony as the day dawned. In the enenings we enjoyed wine with our sunset from the balcony. The renovated bathroom with granite counter and jetted tub were great for the times you want extra privacy.

The staff were very helpful in setting up trips for snokeling, horse treking (of course you ride on the horse's back), golf, and parasailing. We even got discounts on golf at the Divi Links resort.

Just relax and enjoy!

By josephb107 Updated Jan 23, 2008

This week has been awesome. I'm sorry I have to rent out my March week. Great place to be at start of resort area. Cant beat this place for beauty, privacy and great facilities. Looking forward to going again. I love Aruba!!!

By macwhorter Updated Sep 13, 2007

I will give this resort a great rating for the following reason -- most rooms have a spectacular view. The beach is peaceful with plenty of chairs and a lot quieter than the heavily traveled beach closer to the other high rises. The food in the restaurant is quite good (but I think all of Aruba is quite good!) There is a full kitchen with all of the comforts of home you could want -- plenty of room in the one bedroom unit I was in.

By vanessa175 Apr 3, 2007

We just came back from Aruba and stayed for a very short time at this resort overnight. We did not like the high rise. Old building needs updating and is more for seniors than for families.

We loved Aruba, but would not go back to this resort. It's just too old!

On a good note: the restaurant is really very good! Beautiful beach and outdoor waterside dining!

By eileen242 Updated Dec 23, 2006

Fantastic vacation and facilities. Staff extremely helpful and cheerful. Best beach, very friendly people staying at the resort. Views from towers exceptional at sunset. Have a timeshare in Hawaii, thinking of buying a second one at the Phoenix. In October 2006 took family and guests to Phoenix to celebrate our retirement. Everyone loved the facilities, particularly the beach and abundance of huts and lounge chairs. Staff continues to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. Short walk to other resorts, restaurants and beach activities. Bought our second timeshare at the Phoenix.

By saabirah1 Sep 17, 2006

Date of our stay- 8/5-12/06, Unit #1301 was not of Gold Crown status. We stayed in this unit for only two days and demanded to be moved to a different unit. The resort needs some upgrading, including the gym. We traded our Divi Village to stay at the Phoenix and would not do this again until the new building opens.

By fran131 Jun 5, 2005

The beach is beautiful and quiet. The resort is within walking distance of excellent restaurants. Our unit was nice. The water closet could use some work (I'm really pick about bathrooms)!

I would stay again at this resort.

By charles242 Jul 30, 2004

I have been visiting Aruba since 1988 and the

Phoenix has to be the nicest spot in on the

island. Sold my timeshare to buy here.

By alldolledup Mar 31, 2004

This resort is very nice. You can't find better activities staff or front desk staff. The restaurant on site has good food. There is also a little store where you can buy sandwiches and other necessities. the view from the tower is superb. Overall a great place to spend your vacation.

By aeev25t Updated Jan 25, 2004

We love Aruba and we love this area of Aruba. This complex is on the edge of the High Rise District, offering it privacy, but walking distance to restaurants and casino's. It has beautiful grounds, beautiful pool area with a staffed bar, and its own private beach with many huts for shade. There is a walkway aligning the beach that is used for exercise (joggers, walkers, etc.) and links the high rise district together while walking on the waters edge.

By kittie Oct 24, 2003

Location ,Location,Location Thats what every room offers in the tower Beachfront not view.

Only about 80 rooms in the whole tower mak- ing this timeshare small and quiet.

The resturant is located on the beach I mean on the sand thus the name sunset bistro ,absolutly beautiful.

There are about another 40 rooms poolside 2 stories high which is also beachfront .

Extremely clean and staff is very friendly.