Cape Cod Holiday Estates

Mashpee, Massachusetts

Reviews of Cape Cod Holiday Estates

Mashpee, Massachusetts

4.6

Have you been to Cape Cod Holiday Estates lately?

By danielc275 Apr 10, 2012

Fabulous accomodations. Great deck to grill on. Pool is clean, tennis courts are well kept, cute playscape for children, and nice putting ground for golf. Great location right near Mashpee Commons and many restaurants. Beach close by as well.

By twebster Updated Apr 9, 2012

This resort is very nice for families that need some space. The mostly 2 BR units are ranch style homes on 1/3 acre lots with 1,500+ square feet of space. In addition there is both a front deck and a back deck. In addition to two large bedrooms and two bathrooms, there is a kitchen/dining area, a huge living room and a nice sized den for TV viewing. The resort now offers Wi-Fi and it is free. The resort has recently undergone a major renovation project which is still ongoing.

While the resort has little in the way of activities per se, the staff at CCHE goes out of their way to help you find lots of activities nearby that will keep everyone busy who wants to be. Most of the people who cherish this resort come here for the peaceful accommodations and spent their daytime hours exploring the Cape or going to the beach.

Respectfully submitted,

Tom & Bev Webster

By counselorkrs Updated Aug 11, 2010

I have stayed here with an exchange several times during the Christmas week and rented from an owner in August, and each time enjoyed myself very much. The units are spacious and clean and though they did not have internet access, I was able to use the dial-up with netzero.com to find my way around and look up things to do and places to go. What could be better than the Cape?

Nothing on the Cape is fancy or glitzy, and all have the old New England flavor. Have stayed at other places on the Cape and this one is definitely the best and due to the individual cottages, it cannot be compared to any other, with the exception of my units at the Village at Palmetto Dunes in Hilton Head, but they are large studios, and these are two bedrooms, which is great!

By tomtom22 Jun 7, 2010

This is the best timeshare on Cape Cod.

By marilyn390 Updated Mar 4, 2008

I have to agree that whoever was describing Southcape as being as nice as Cape Cod Holiday Estates has to be looking for brownie points at Southcape. I've stayed at both and in my opinion there is NO comparison. Cape Cod Holiday Estates is a peaceful, well-kept, very private resort with individual cottages, a rarity in timeshare living. I've been an owner at CCHE for over twenty years and have nothing but praise for all aspects of this resort. I believe it is the best timeshare on the cape.

By andreab46 Jan 3, 2007

We love the Mashpee area in Cape Cod. Not at all congested. The 2 bedroom house was very spacious and nicely decorated (just redone). We used the pool and tennis courts every day. The staff was very friendly and helpful when needed. My kids can't wait to go next year, and we look forward to it too!

By bmesser Updated May 1, 2004

This resort was my first Gold Crown. Although it is nice, I expected more. The unit itself had new carpeting and a combination of new and old appliances in the kitchen. The furniture was not new, but in good shape.

Plenty of room, this would be nice for a family with room for the kids to play. A separate living room and TV room allows for separate conversation groups.

There is a hot tub in the master bath, but none at the pool. No activities at all although they do have some items that can be loaned out at the front desk. Tennis courts, ping pong and horse shoes.

We were bothered by carpenter ants. They have a few traps in the master bath, but they need to spray to adequately control them. We must have killed at least 6 ants per day inside the unit. Once I found one crawling on my arm. Ewww.

We also own at Southcape and I think those are just as nice, but they don't even have a RID distinction.

Maybe the GC comparison is with other Cape resorts instead of worldwide. Nice place to stay, but just not what I expected from Gold Crown.

By lpoirier1 Dec 24, 2003

This is really a wonderful resort, with separate homes for each timeshare. Very spacious, gorgeous grounds--we had our parents 50th anniversary party there and it was just spectacular. Very convenient to the ocean beaches and to Hyannis shopping and attractions.

By blmeninga Jul 17, 2003

The resort is very quiet and well-kept. Each cottage sits on 1/3 of an acre with many trees. Our unit was very clean, and the kitchen was fairly well-stocked. In addition to a huge living room, there is also a smaller den or "TV room."

The resort is ideal for family-bonding. There is a nice playground area and shuffleboard court. There is also an activity building with a fireplace and ping pong tables. Unfortunately, the only planned activity was a "welcome" coffee hour, which was helpful. I would up my rating to 5 stars if there were more planned resort activities.

The staff was very friendly. The Mashpee area is convenient to traveling the rest of the Cape. It is growing rapidly, but the natural beauty of the area remains intact. Restaurants tended to be expensive, and there is almost NO fast food anywhere on the Cape. (We only saw 2 McDonalds the whole time!) However, there are lots of donut shops.

The beach is about a 3-mile drive. The resort gave us a beach pass to use. Overall, we loved the resort and would like to return.

By schultzie6 Feb 22, 2003

This resort is very comparable to Brewster Green. Beautiful cottages, great location!

We've been Cape Cod visitors for 12 years!