Southcape Resort and Club

Mashpee, Massachusetts

Timeshare reviews at Southcape Resort and Club

Mashpee, Massachusetts

By maryd368 Aug 11, 2012

Just spent my first week here at SouthCape Resort, which we rented from an owner. We were pleasantly surprised at how spacious the condo was. We stayed in a ranch style 2 bdrm/2 bath. We were psyched that in the loft area above the living room were 2 additional twin beds which my teenagers loved. So basically, the unit slept 8. LOVED the fact the unit had central air conditioning as it was muggy as can be! Living room had a nice flat panel tv w/ dvd player. Master bedroom only had a double bed- wish the resort personnel could upgrade the master bdrms with King beds as there is plenty of space for the larger beds. Master had an older tv but it was sufficient enough. Other twin bedroom(s) do not have tv's. Didn't use the indoor pool, but we did use the outdoor pool, which is kind of small for the amount of condos on the property, but it did the job of cooling us off. However, be careful as I was sunning myself in the pool and leaned up against the wall I was stung by 3 hornets as they had a nest inside the broken concrete area of the pool wall side. I told management so they could take care of the problem before anyone else gets stung. Tennis courts were great! Location is awesome as well. 3 miles to Southcape beach and just a little under 2 miles to the Mashpee Common shopping center. Just a mile away was our FAVORITE restaurant of all time..."Wicked". We ate there 3 times. Best Antipasta and Ceaser salad ever! Wood fired pizza was just unbelievable. Movie theater is right at the common as well (great for kids on rainy days). We just totally loved the place and will most definitely rent again next year !!

By davone Updated Aug 14, 2008

My brother and I stayed at this resort to watch a friend run during the 2008 Boston Marathon. The resort is located in a pleasant yet quickly growing area. We were not used to the fast, sometimes pushy drivers around the Cape Cod area who must have been very eager to reach their destination.

Overall, the unit was tastefully decorated and well appointed. The amenities provided were ample, one might even say generous. Only problem we had at the beginning of our stay was a leaky/broken coffee maker. One call to the front desk solved that within 30 minutes as the clubhouse staff furnished us with a brand new replacement. The ladies who work at the clubhouse were very kind, which made our stay that much more enjoyable.

Side note: The blinker in my car went out while traveling to Cape Cod. The VW dealership in Hyannis serviced this problem quickly and at a reasonable rate. The courtesy shuttle driver was polite and full of stories about the area, and shared his experiences of doing car repairs for the Kennedy's and Shriver's. That was kind of fascinating.

My brother and I will recommend Southcape resort to vacationers, and although we like to try a variety of resorts, we would stay here again. de

By engelesq Updated Sep 1, 2006

Nice, quiet, with indoor and outdoor pools, indoor and outdoor tennis, playground (but still quiet), very convenient to all. Units, especially those that were recently redone, are really nice, typically with two full bedrooms, two full baths, a real kitchen, LR, dining area, deck, cental AC (for those few days on which it's needed), etc. A really nice vacation experience, for a family or a couple.

By housefrau Jan 3, 2004

This timeshare is a large two bedroom unit with room to spread out. Perfect for a families with children. The complex includes indoor and outdoor pools as well as indoor and outdoor tennis. The is a small playground area for the children with picnic tables. Although this is located at the top of the Cape, it is beautifully located close to stores and shopping, restaurants, the movies and of course , the beach. It is very easy to get to even with the summer traffic since you get of 28 and get onto 51. Helpful and friendly staff.

By isaac Oct 1, 2003

We spent a wonderful week at Southcape in July 2003. Check in could not have been easier. The accomodation was superb, a large town house with larger than average rooms. The kitchen had all the equiptment you could need. We had a large deck with tables and chairs overlooking the woods. We spent one afternoon just crashing out on the deck enjoying the peace and quiet. Southscape is located about a mile from Mashpee Commons, a shoping complex laid out in streets giving it a village feel. Southcape is ideally located to use as a base to visit other parts of Cape Cod. I would honestly recommend Southcape to anyone as a friendly, peaceful place for a holiday.

By dapoliti Sep 30, 2003

Clean, easily accessible and close to attractions near the south end of the cape.

By bmesser Jul 16, 2003

We went in the winter (wk 4) the Cape itself was cold, but the unit was great.

Very clean & spacious townhouse. Staff was friendly and the maintenance staff very prompt to replace a missing bulb over the hot tub.

Secluded woodsy location must be very nice in the busy summer days at the Cape.

By brenda47 Updated Oct 2, 2002

We stayed at Southcape over the Memorial Day week. Our unit, Number 9, was in need of renovation which they told us would be this winter. The units that had undergone renovation were lovely. Unit 9 was not! Very uncomfortable couch and mattress was a nighmare. Location is great for touring Falmouth, Hyannis etc.