Westgate at South Beach

Miami Beach, Florida

Reviews of Westgate at South Beach

Miami Beach, Florida

2.9

Have you been to Westgate at South Beach lately?

By rhondac86 Jul 10, 2012

I have stayed here twice in recent years and love the small resort, beachfront. Fantastic service from staff and great location.

By chester7 Aug 2, 2010

I stayed ther and loved it. The resort is right on the ocean boardwalk, a lovely daily walk. All that South Beach had to offer was close by, nightclubs, shopping, restuarants.

By diane676 Sep 4, 2008

I like this resort alot because it was a nice beachfront property. It is also small - 49 units which I like. The sign at the pool says no more than 18 people allowed in it at one time. So its probably not like most other timeshare properties. Parking is in a public lot next door - for about $7 a day which is cheap for Miami Beach/South Beach. Other hotels charge $20 or more a day for valet parking which is inconvenient most of the time. This is a quiet place. The units are very nice and equipped well.

The only thing I wasn't happy with was paying for a chair and umbrella on the beach. $10 for each chair and $10 for an umbrella per day if you want it. We went to WalMart and bought 2 camp chairs for $10 each. I know its comparable to what the hotels charge but this is a timeshare and since it doesn't have alot of other amenities - the charge for the chairs and umbrella should be a nominal fee - not $30 a day. The chairs at the pool are free!

Also the pictures shown here of a rectangular pool are for the other resort in north Miami Beach, not this location. This has a kidney shaped pool. It was never crowded and we were there during the third week of August.

By eric796 Apr 11, 2005

Used the hotel for a week this spring break. It's a decent hotel, rooms are pretty spacious and they come with most of items you need for the week. Direct access to the beach also! Overall it's a good place. Not horrible and not too fancy!

By bkoski99 Updated Jan 22, 2005

I paid for a promotion for a 3 night/4 day stay (first listing under rentals), and was confirmed for an arrival on 1/15. I called 3 days prior to confirm the reservation and was told that I didn't have a reservation.

They did refund my money ($198), but I had to make other lodging arrangements. Disappointing!

By linda4321 Dec 11, 2004

This is a scam!!!! Do not ever go to this site!!!! They charge your credit card and then a few days later tell you there is nothing available. They offer you a resrt which is totally not comprable to what you are paying for. Beware of Westgate Resorts. I am contacting my Attorney General.