Schooner II Beach & Racquet Club

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Reviews of Schooner II Beach & Racquet Club

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

4.0

Have you been to Schooner II Beach & Racquet Club lately?

By loram10 Updated Aug 21, 2011

We stayed here in early Aug 2011. We had a 2 bedroom unit. I was very disappointed that they didn't inform me before booking that they were doing constuction on the building and that we would be woken up everyday at 8 AM on our vacation with the sound of very loud hammering, drilling. It was like a war zone in our room, you really wouldn't believe it. We booked the night before we arrived and they knew that constuction was being done, so there was no excuse that we were not told. The first day we called because of the noise, the front desk girl "Paula" was really rude when I asked if the time of constuction could be moved until later in the day and I do not think she discussed any complaints with the GM. If she had then why wasn't anything done the first day? We would have chosen the other place we were interested in if we would have known how horrible this place was and how uncompassionate the GM (Carey Younger) was going to be and didn't offer anything except some aquarium tickets or two nights free in the winter time or to find us a new place to stay for the 2 nights we had left. We could not find another place to stay that had a 2 bedroom. I live 9 hours away from this resort so why would I want to drive all the way there for two nights in the winter time? We go to Myrtle beach every summer and have been to the aquarium many times. I wanted them to move the time of construction to a later time but they would not move it later than 8AM until I talked to the GM and also called the home office, SPM Resorts. The time of construction was finally moved till 9:30AM. It is ashame that the GM wouldn't comp us at least the one or two days that we had to wake up at 8AM or I would not be writing this bad review if I felt like it was handled in an appropriate manner. I called the day before we left to ask her if she would comp us at least one night for the inconvenience and she said no. The unit also had a bad odor when we first got into the room and the master bedroom had mold growing on the ceiling around the curtain area (most of the mold was covered up by the curtains) The internet also didn't work half of the time and we had to go to the second floor. I would stay away from this place.

By rich294 Oct 4, 2007

I stayed there the week of 9/23 and found the resort to be clean, spacious, and comfortable, with a very friendly, helpful staff. We were so impressed that we bought the same week! You are steps from a beautiful beach, gorgeous sunrise, right in the heart of Myrtle Beach, and close to Broadway on the Beach. Highly recommended!

By mshyflyer Updated Jan 31, 2006

We stayed at Schooner II September 2005. Our unit was a 2-bedroom.2-bath, and had full ocean view. There was plenty of room, great view, ample space to move around. The pool is on the small side, but great for little ones. Easy walk to the beach via their own path, only about 2 miles from Broadway at the Beach, lots to do. Would definitely stay here again.

By jimb May 29, 2003

I stayed in many gold crown resort and this resort is just below GC quality. It definitely should be RID. You have a wonderful view of the ocean.

For the location I say that it has better value than most GC in Myrtle Beach. Very good amenities and very comfortable for 6. I will definitely recommend renting or buying.