Club La Pension

New Orleans, Louisiana

Timeshare reviews at Club La Pension

New Orleans, Louisiana

By molly125 Updated Jul 22, 2015

Everything is new and artistically modern. The location could be better. There is security at night, good front desk staff, coffee in the lobby, right on Decatur and Canal. It doesn't get much better and there is much more room than a regular hotel.

By deborah644 Oct 21, 2014

Visited this resort for just one day. Rooms are very tiny and not much to offer other than location.

By david2249 Oct 19, 2009

We stayed here in October 09. We had a totally refurbished 1 bedroom with brand new everything. The appliances were full size and it had a great kitchen. The staff were very helpful and the location was superb right in the French Quarter close to Canal St The rooftop patio with hottub was fairly large and comfortable with loungers and patio tables. There was coffee and tea service in the lobby in the mornings.

The only annoyance was the expensive internet connection which cost $30 per week. At least it worked well.

This is our second trip to New Orleans in two years. The evidence of Katrina in the French Quarter is virtually gone with virtually all of the hotels and businesses open and busy. The food and music are great. The Saints are winning and the atmosphere is enthusiastic. We will be back next year.

By jamest1 Nov 24, 2007

You could put a mattress in a refrigerator box in this location and it would get 2-1/2 stars!

We stayed in a corner 1 BR unit with one side facing Canal Street, another side overlooking the Marriott's taxi stand. Between street noises and the near-constant "talk" at the taxi stand, there weren't many quiet moments. But, if you want quiet, go to the mountains.

Club La Pension has been pieced together from three or four "one of a kind" buildings in a city full of "one of a kind" buildings. It is far from a cookie-cutter condo. It is quirky, but lovable.

Unloading and check-in were difficult on Friday night in a crowded area. Lots of traffic, parking spots in front of the resort were full, one luggage cart, tired people, horns honking, etc. We parked in a commercial lot ($20/day) three blocks away, never used the car until we were ready to leave. Unless you will be day-tripping, I recommend flying.

The mattress was too soft by a lot. Some cable TV channels had a loud hum, drowning out the programming. There's no hi-speed internet access -- had to dial-in using the only phone, which was in the bedroom. (New Orleans supposedly wired the French Quarter after Katrina but I couldn't detect it. Two WiFi nets at the adjacent Marriott were detectable and my laptop said I was connected but I was never able to do anything. CLP staff said no one else could either.) There were a few houskeeping and maintenance issues that, if taken care of, would support a five star rating. All these are things you can get along with. This is a great facility in a fabulous location. I'm happy to be an owner.

By jimm254 Sep 21, 2007

Loved it for the location/staff was helpful and friendly

By robh54 May 24, 2007

Stay here Feb/07 and would recommend this resort to anyone wanting a helpful staff that goes above and beyond any resort I have been to.(especially Pierre)

The room was a two bedroom with one and a half bath with large living room area and smaller kitchen, but who is eating in the room with all the great food within walking distance. The resort is older but hey it is the French Quarter isn’t everything older there and would not want it to look new, if I did I would go to a hotel.

There is a great restaurant and bar on site. They also give you a key to get in after hours, so not just anyone can walk in.

Go to this resort expecting great service and a nice room and you will not be disappointed. I am looking into buying a week in the French Quarter because of the great time I had, and Club La Pension will be on the top of the list.

By arthurc26 Apr 29, 2007

Very nice resort, central location, has a excellent resteraunt rated at 5 stars. Staff is knowledgable and helpful. will definitley stay there again.

By sddee4871 Updated Aug 14, 2005

We had a unit without a window, so therefore I felt a little cut off from NOLA, it would have been idea, if that were what I was looking for. The furniture needs updating and the bed was too soft, it was very hard to sleep on, I kept having this feeling of falling onto the headboard. The couch, rugs and bed spread were a little worn. The best part of staying at Club La Pension was the amount of space, and the locale. The staff was very friendly. When visiting New Orleans, I am not sure whether or not I would stay there again, perhaps a hotel or another resort will do.

By mp8 Jun 5, 2005

Stayed at this resort in April 2005. Wonderful resort, Excellent staff, beautiful room! Just added another hot tub with exciting roof top view. Love this place!

By marta15 Feb 16, 2005

I stayed here in November 2004. The apartment was very nicely decorated with lots of character. This resort is in a prime location and we were far enough from the street that it was very quiet, considering that it is on Decatur, down from House of Blues. The only complaint that I have is that the unit was not very clean. We had to request that the bathroom be cleaned and the kitchen floor....very dirty. Oh..and there were cockroaches. If the housekeeping were better, I would stay here again.

By craiglyn Dec 21, 2003

Convenient, but extremely noisy location. Nice sized & appointed units but housekeeping could be improved. Some staff not as helpful/accomodating as one would expect at a resort of this calibur.