Mardi Gras Manor I

New Orleans, Louisiana

Timeshare reviews at Mardi Gras Manor I

New Orleans, Louisiana

By terryh64 Jan 28, 2016

Week before arrival I called and emailed Manager Maria for gate code and codes for units as I had more then one unit. All units are a bit different thinking they have 11 units total and a outdoor non heated pool. We were there in March 2015 so water was a bit chilly. We had no problem getting into property. Parking is a bit tricky as its on a narrow street but that seemed common for many streets in Nola, I dropped my buddies off and returned rental vehicle. I dropped my friends off and took vehicle back to airport. If your flying in and hanging around French Quarter I would say don't bother take a cab from airport. I used one of the shuttles from airport once I returned rental and it took forever, I was the last drop off. Shuttle stops at many hotels and with late deliveries and some horse carriages it was a bit nerving. We had 11 people in our group and loved the units and location. Yes I agree with other reviews Verdi Mart is close 24/7 and has many items in the little store. We could not of been happier with the service we received from manager, maids, the maintenance guy painting. The place is well kept and free laundry except for a couple days a week when the maids need for room cleaning towels etc.. One of our units was inside gate by pool it has a spiral staircase so it could be challenging for some as bedroom and bathroom are 2nd floor. We walked almost everywhere except for a couple bars not in best neighborhood took a cab. Almost everyone we ran into at resort and chatted with seemed to be owners. That is probably why it's hard to find an exchange at this resort. No activities at the resort and staff leaves around 5pm everyday which was fine with us. I have stayed at other RCI properties in New Orleans and this by far worked the best for all of us. All units face the lovely courtyard. There is a larger grocery store about 5 blocks from property if Verdi Mart does not have what you like. The open air market is about 5 block walk and on the water. There is a nice fence around the pool as the pic on Red Week is not up dated. If your in the GLBT community this is the perfect resort to where we like to go out. If you like to shop and gamble at the Casino yes that would be a hike. Some us did a Horse drawn carriage tour 2nd day and that helped some in group get there barring's to where things were. The RCI Point Value was great for each size unit. We had some one and two bedrooms. Did I mention full kitchens and dining room tables. I think it was non smoking resort which was great for us. I believe check in and out is Saturdays so maids might be busy when you arrive, especially if someone checked out late. Enjoy your stay if your fortunate enough to trade into Mardi Gras Manor.

By jamest1 Updated Nov 24, 2007

Stayed here the winter before Katrina. We checked in late on Saturday, having come from Nashville. No one around, someone told us the combo to the gate. Had to call the manager to get combo to unit door. Took a chance and parked two or three blocks away until better arrangements could be made.

The "action" part of Bourbon Street is several blocks away. French Market and the riverfront are a little closer. The pool is decorative only. Units are quirky but adequate, especially considering that one doesn't go to New Orleans to hang out in a condo.

Verti Mart, up the street on the corner, has great carry-out food if you don't feel like going too far.

November 2007 Update: Went past Verti Mart and it looked closed. Too bad.

By jane289 Updated Sep 20, 2004

Two things about this unit stuck out as positives: the air-conditioning was exceptionally good (a real plus for NO in July), and the unit itself was pest and bug free and quite clean.

Be prepared, however, for the "rusticity" of this venue. It is not luxurious, like some of the resorts we have stayed in, but some of the site's quirks add somewhat to its charms. The location is excellent, out of the center of the French Quarter. The units are small and probably all different because the resort is made up of a number of old buildings put together. The kitchen was well equipped, the living room was comfortable, but the bedroom, closets, and especially the bathroom were quite small.

The pool is not an indoor pool, but a small outdoor pool in the courtyard. It was not inviting.

One huge warning: read the check-in materials carefully. There is no manager in residence on the premises. When they say check-in is at 4, they mean AT 4, not anytime after 4 on your day of arrival. Another resident let us and our suitcases through the locked gate into the courtyard. We had to call the emergency number and wait for the manager to call us back with the code to access our unit. If you're going to be later (or earlier) than 4, call ahead to make special arrangements.