Oceancliff I & II

Newport, Rhode Island

Timeshare reviews at Oceancliff I & II

Newport, Rhode Island

By donnag358 Jun 24, 2012

Location is the best in Newport, located on a estate with the original mansion is now a hotel, restaurant and catering hall. the restaurant Safari Grille is well known in Newport as one of the top places to be, and be seen. on top of the bluff overlooking Narraganset bay Oceancliff 1&2 is all about location, and provides you with a shuttle to downtown which is great because there is no parking downtown and you can have a cocktail or 2 and get driven home. Loved every minute of our stay.

By georgeanne Jul 7, 2010

This resort has been updated, and the most beutiful views in Newport...overlooking the bay while sailboats..and lobster fisherman go by. The tow bedroom tower rooms are the best with a second floor that has 2 single beds...a balcony and windows all around. Air conditioning too. the kithchen is small..but has a full size refridgerator...In the summer there are fun things to do.. small beach..., touring the mansions..town...with great restauraunts...lots of seafood...the best thing the views....simply devine... we'll be back for sure!!

By edith24 Oct 22, 2005

Greatly im[proved with swimming pool

By mbenedet Updated May 11, 2005

We stayed here the first week of April 2004. We had a "G" room...meaning ground level. It was ok, but we did not like being on the ground floor. At least it was an end unit. The bed was very uncomfortable and we ended up sleeping on the pull out sofa...The pool was not open, and no activities planned. There was no service of the rooms, and it was serve yourself if you needed any clean towels etc. The view was beautiful, but we found staying outside of the city was a little inconvenient, as we like to browse and you needed to drive into Newport.

By nancy1836 Feb 10, 2005

We stayed at Oceancliff back in February 2003, but since I am a new member of RedWeek, I thought I would do a review anyways.

We had one of the two-story two bedroom units and as mentioned, it was quite large with a nice balcony and views of the water. Our jacuzzi worked well and you could sit in the tub and look out over the bay. There was also a window seat in the bedroom that looked over the bay.

The general furnishings at that time were okay and the gas fireplace was a nice touch.

My one disappointment with the unit was their definiation of a "partial" kitchen. It was in a corner of the living room and provided a sink and microwave, but no real "room" for fixing a meal or cleaning up afterwards, particularly if there had been four people staying there (there were only two of us). PLUS, their refrigerator was one of those really tiny ones (picture an igloo cooler standing on end) and it couldn't maintain temperature at all. So we had to throw out a lot of stuff that we brought with us. I guess they figure most people eat out, but restaurants aren't all that convenient in Newport in the winter.

Being off-season and dead of winter, there weren't any activities and I believe the pool was closed that winter also. It was also reasonably quiet til the weekend crowd showed up on Thursday.

Also, since the winter is definitely a slow time for this resort, it was obvious that repairs were needed. But I guess that didn't bother me as much as the tiny frig.

I believe the unit we stayed in was a lock-out unit, as the bedroom upstairs had its own entry door on that floor. Funny, I don't remember much about the downstairs bedroom at all....I seem to remember it being a room in the middle without a window...could be wrong.

By peteackley Aug 30, 2004

We stay at this resort the first week of June 2004. It was away the rush and noise of downtown Newport,we like that. The rooms was ok,furniture was out dated, and the whirlpool tub didn't work right. The view was great.The balcony was nice, but you have to watch the seagills as one stole a steak right off the table. They have a nice NEW POOL, but the hours are to short. It open to late in the morning and close to early at night, to use if you do anything during the day. The staff could of been more helpful about what to do or see around the area.

By danteman1 Jan 9, 2004

Property was well kept. Rooms are large and views fantastic. The new indoor pool was not open yet. Staff was very good.

By lpoirier1 Dec 24, 2003

Really, really nice timeshare on the ocean with a great view. Nice units, very well kept. Would definitely recommend this resort.

By rwryan Mar 12, 2003

By etanneh Feb 2, 2003

We toured this resort as a possible exchange at a future date. The resort was in miserable condition. The location is wonderful, however.

By mcdoogle Oct 30, 2002

I stayed at this resort in September of 2002 and found the unit and building in disrepair. The decor was poor and the furnishing and carpet looked tired. Not a good place in my opinion.

By donnachristian Updated Oct 2, 2002

We stayed in a 2 bedroom end tower unit. Beautiful view of the water and Newport bridge. Very spacious second floor bedroom and whirlpool tub with a nice view. Huge indoor pool.