Peppertree Ocean Club

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Timeshare reviews at Peppertree Ocean Club

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

By davidm602 Jan 5, 2015

We became owners in 2010 of a 2BR unit on the top floor. This is true ocean front, with only pools and hot tubs between the complex and the beach. The view from our unit is outstanding! The interior was renovated in 2012 and exterior in 2014. Still, the building is older and requires constant care. This is a great family resort with super activities in a quiet location of North Myrtle Beach. We love it!

By pdm228 Apr 20, 2007

Stayed in the 3 bedroom penthouse, it was wonderful. There were large new beach towels, the rooms were decorated nicely, everything you needed was supplied. There was also a washer & dryer right outside the unit. The view was awsome. I loved that the pool was on the ocean, the kids could go from pool to ocean without packing up everything. The location was perfect, quiet, but close to everything.

By judys184 Mar 1, 2007

We have enjoyed Peppertree Ocean Club on 3 occasions, and my daughter and family also loved being there. You are right on the ocean beach, plus there are 2 outdoor pools which are clean and refreshing. There is also an indoor pool and spa. The shows and restaurants in Myrtle Beach are close enough to enjoy but you don't have the chaos of the city at the Ocean Club. You can walk on the beach and relax.

By stasiar Jun 22, 2006

We just returned from a week stay at the Peppertree Ocean Club. I can’t imagine how everyone gave this place rave reviews. This was by far the worst hotel/motel we have ever stayed in. I would say it is more comparable to a Super 8. The place is not much to look at from the outside. Even less to look at from the inside. It states that is has been completely renovated. I guess with the exception of our room. The furniture was all stained (and I don’t just mean a few stains here and there). Stained to the point that we did not want to sit down of the furniture. We placed a sheet on the couch. Didn’t bother to sit down at the dining room table. The furniture was old and the finish was all worn off. The floors were disgusting! We actually went out and bought cleaning products and scoured the whole place. I guess that’s why they provide you with a vacuum, mop and bucket. I couldn’t believe that this was a Fairfield Resort because we are Fairfield Timeshare owners in Newport, RI and usually their resorts are impeccable.

We were in a 1 BR 1 BA (Unit 309) which was the size of a studio which they converted. The bathroom was miniscule. Barely enough room for me, my husband and 3 yr old son. We almost left the first night, but decided to rough it out. It couldn’t be any worse than camping. It does have a full kitchen, but everything is miniature size. There are 1BRs that are larger that have a Jacuzzi tub in the living room, but ours wasn’t one. Also the ceilings are very low. I am 5’ 7” and I could touch the ceiling with the palm of my hand, so maybe it was 6 ½ feet tall which also gave the impression of being even smaller (but it was extremely small).

The pool area was nice. Nothing fancy, but the pools were cleaned daily as were the 3 hot tubs. There are two large outdoor pools and 3 hot tubs as well as a small playground for kids. There’s also a couple of picnic areas with tables and a large stainless BBQ grill. There was also a large indoor pool and hot tub which were clean as well. There are ice machines located on the 1st, 3rd and 5th floors. Daily linen exchange on the 2nd Floor is open from 9-4. So you could exchange your towels as often as you like, which was a big plus.

The location of the hotel is really Cherry Grove instead of North Myrtle. There is much less hustle and bustle and not so crowded as there are more private homes in this area. Of course it is located directly on the beach which is very convenient and our room had a small balcony overlooking the ocean. It is also15 minutes from Calabash where you can find great seafood restaurants.

The hallways and elevators were terribly filthy. I don’t think anyone ever cleans these places. I’m sure that’s why the floor in our room was so filthy. Also the sliding glass doors and windows need to be replaced as they are double pained and the seal must be broken because they are so filthy you can hardly see outside of them.

Some good restaurants to go to in the area are Chianti South (real Italian food) located on 17 in Little River. It is pricey but worth it. The best buffet by far was Ocean Garden Buffet. They have tons of seafood, Chinese and cooked to order Mongolian food. It was only $10.95/pp $16.95 if you wanted to include crab legs. Preston’s buffet was awful and much more expensive! A great small Italian place called Benito’s. Great Italian, not expensive. The best pizza I have ever had. We had the Fra Diavolo Pizza which has shrimp and hot peppers and it was excellent. Also the Veal Saltimboca was delicious. There is also the Atlantic Pancake House located just a couple of blocks down the street from the hotel which serves a good breakfast. And right across from that is a Bargain Beachwear place that has all the touristy and beach stuff you ever want and cheap prices.

Barefoot Landing is close by (as is the alligator adventure). I liked Barefoot Landing better than Broadway at the beach. It is not such a nightclub scene and they have higher quality shops.

All in all Myrtle Beach isn’t our type of vacation as we are more low key kind of people. But our 3 year old son had a blast. I think next time we will try Hilton Head. However if we do go back to the Myrtle Beach area we would not stay at the Peppertree Ocean Club.

By miriamc Updated May 28, 2005

We are owners there with a side unit ocean- view on the 5th floor. If you on the side, ask for the 5th floor, the building next door is only 4 floors.

Lots of onsite activities for all ages. 3 pools (1 indoor) and 5 hot tubs (1 indoor). How can you beat that!!

By deedee Updated Feb 4, 2004

We have been going with our kids now for 2 yrs now and we think its great! The directors there are super with the kids and they get everyone togeather and they make lasting friendships with others. They cant wait to go this year and see everyone! Theres sooo much to do and the kids never want to leave. They like to stay there and not go out to see other stuff or eat for that matter. They dont want to miss anything! Its really GREAT! I thank all the staff! I also feel very safe there! Danita McIntyre (deedee)

By mkaw Oct 28, 2003

We had a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom unit on the 5th floor with a living room and master bedroom view of the was beautiful.

The unit had recently been renovated and was real nice but the best thing about this resort is the palm-tree lined walk to the beach...has to be the best beach in the area.

Close to restaurants and shopping areas.

By barbie Updated May 21, 2003

Attractively decorated; great service in all departments; friendly and efficient staff; convenient to all attractions. Most gorgeous landscaping in area with 2 large pools right at the beach plus a heated indoor pool. With many Golf Courses nearby, what more can you ask?

I've been there every year since Hurricane Hugo 15 years ago and never a complaint.

Excellent value