Links Golf and Racquet Club

Timeshare reviews at Links Golf and Racquet Club

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

By patriciad413 Jan 22, 2014
    By cathyy9 Updated Mar 28, 2012

I just love this place and so do our two children! The staff are wonderful, the activities are great! We LOVE the fact that it is in a residential area! It is a wonderful place to ride a bicycle and relax. The neighborhood is great and if we could afford it, we would buy a house in the neighborhood surrounding The Links. The units are spacious. The resort is near everything that you could possibility want or need. Who cares if its not on the beach? We love the fact that we are sooo near the beach, but not on it. Between the free van shuttle to the beach, and the beach cabana (which is quite nice) you don't need your units to be on the beach. You have the best of both worlds. I love not having the messy sand in my unit, yet we can go to the beach every day and have a refrigerator, picnic tables, and bathrooms and showers, right at the beach with the cabana. How cool!

Could not use our week last July due to a Mission Trip with our church, so we rented our week and found another resort ON the beach a few weeks later. Oh, how we missed our place at The Links. The resort on the beach was so small (even though it was also two bedrooms), crowded and soooo noisy we couldn't even sleep. Despite the fact that we were on the beach, we were miserable and realized even more how GREAT we have it at The Links !

By lindac604 Jan 31, 2011

great location love private cabanna on beach everything is so accessible kids love playground, and game room

By k801 Apr 26, 2007

What a GREAT resort! We own two weeks now! Everyone is soooo friendly. The beach and the cabana are awesome.

We loved the welcome party! What a blast. Hot dogs and hamburgers by the poolside with a raffle and a DJ.

Buying all of our Myrtle Beach attraction tickets from the Links excursion desk saved us a ton of money. They get really great discounts and the best seats!

The cabana and shuttle are great. The strip of beach in front of the cabana is really really nice. Filled with families and couples alike. I can see why Myrtle Beach wins for Best Family Beach every year. I am soooo glad we are on board.

The Links itself has its own special nook. Set back in a residential forest like setting, it is quite and calming. The kids can run and play, the place is beautiful, and the club house abounds with fun activities. Think Dirty Dancing! There are ping pong contests, shuffleboard contests, etc...

I am sooo glad we went and even more glad we bought!

By mercedita2 Updated Apr 16, 2006

We visited our friends last month to check the resort. They have been bragging about their $750 investment. Good deal for the price. The bedrooms upstairs are both spacious. It can use a little color. The bathroom downstairs is not clean. We own two Marriott timeshares and one in a Fairfield resort - there is no comparison - it is in a residential area, no view of the ocean. It is not a place where I want to spend a week so we decided not to buy.

By joannr Jan 21, 2006

Stayed here a couple of years ago, but was impressed with the size of the unit and it's townhouse layout. Kids loved the pool and the little patios outside of the units. Decor was pleasant. Not so far from the beach but definitely required getting into your car and making a trip. If you are a golf fan, this IS the place for you (well outside of Hilton Head anyway). We liked being away from Myrtle Beach's hustle and bustle and close to the library (web access is available for non- residents - no charge). Thoroughly enjoyed it at the Links.

By allyson8 Updated Sep 8, 2004

I stayed at the Links August 22 - 29. I am very pleased with my purchase. I purchased this timeshare blindly and was very anxious to use it so I could see what I bought.

I love the beach, but also enjoy the attractions at Myrtle Beach. This was the best of both worlds. Although you had to pack up and drive to the beach, it was less than 5 minutes away. The beach wasn't crowded, the facilities are nice, the units are SUPERB! I just love it! Next to my home, this is the best investment I ever made! I'm proud to be an owner.

By buddie2 Updated Jul 19, 2004

7/4/2004-7/11/20 We were at the Links Golf & Racquet Club in N. Myrtle Beach at one of the busiiest vacation weeks. The rooms were fabulous, very clean, 3 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a complete Kitchen. It was situated in a residential community, off of very busy highway 17. It was great to go out to all the attractons and come back to serenity. The Pool was clean and not surprisingly, overcrowed. Staff were helpful and pleasant. After going down by the beach and seeing the other resorts and the crowds (some patrons had to pay for parking at their own resort), we were happy that we stayed 3/4 of a mile from the beach. I would recommend the Links for convienence and comfortability.

By jdowhan Updated Sep 1, 2003

Nice resort but not a true "beach vacation". The resort is great for those who want to golf or enjoy the shopping, but it's too far if you are going to Myrtle Beach to enjoy the beach. You have to pick up and drive to get there. I agree with the previous reviewer - it's a nice resort but only 3 stars if you are going for the beach.

By seawatch Dec 7, 2002

stayed her in oct 1999 on a bargain trade from RCI

it is several miles across rt 17 to the beach (cabana and parking 1 1/2 blocks from beach)

if you are a golfer its a 4 star but only 3 for beach bums like me

By doninaiken Nov 21, 2002

We were very plesantly surprised with this resort. The units are very spacious and well maintained. The fireplace is a nice touch if you are staying in the cooler season. The two story layout separates the living area and the bedrooms, a real plus if you have young children.

The staff was always helpful and courteous. Our unit backed directly on the golf course and gave us a great view of the course and a small pond.

The resort is located away from the heavy traffic, but is close to everything.