Coconut Malorie Resort

Ocean City, Maryland

Reviews of Coconut Malorie Resort

Ocean City, Maryland

3.4

Have you been to Coconut Malorie Resort lately?

By chrism2 Aug 12, 2007

A very nice beach area resort. We stayed in a studio unit which consists of bedroom area, living area, small kitchenette, dining area and a very large bathroom.

The kitchenette (although only two burner stove top and convecton/microwave oven) was well stocked with all the cooking/ eating supplies we needed. Housekeeping was very friendly and provided us with extra towels whenever needed. Thorough cleaning mid-week.

The floors are all tile with a throw rug in the living area. Beds was moderately comfortable, pull out sofa-not so much. A tip: the pullout sofa sleeper does not automatically have sheets supplied, we needed to ask the front desk (at 1:00am), but no problem. The lobby was very nice, pool area very nice, short walk-2 blocks- to the beach, easy access. Plenty of parking - we actually were able to park underneath the building every night of our stay.

Would not hesitate to stay here again.

By lanitap Aug 3, 2007

I stayed here for a quiet weekend with my husband off season and on season. Its definately one of the nicer beach resort hotels I have stayed at, and I have stayed at more than my share. My room was a one bedroom with a Queen sized bed that was comfortable. The bed wasn't very plush but it did the job. The floor was tile all throughout. The bathroom was big enouph for me and my husband to be in there at the same time. The kitchen was serviceable with a microwave and refridgerator, but it wasn't a whole kitchen just a fridge, stove and microwave. The view was gorgeous. We had an ocean front view. I like the french doors leading to the tiny balcony. The living room dining area was small but it was more than enough room for me and my husband. The 1 bedroom is really only for 2 people, and maybe 1 child.

By debrak49 Jul 6, 2007

our stay here was excellent. they had a cookout for everyone on the 4th of july with hot dog, burgers and chicken breast. the setup they had with only coming in to clean every 3 day would of been better if they made it every other day. this is not the resort fault they were very hospitalbe. you just called and they came with what ever you needed.

By nanhp Jan 31, 2007

This unit was luxurious! It was clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. We especially enjoyed the gorgeous sunsets over the bay!

By kerry11 Updated Dec 23, 2006

Mandatory cleaning fee and the place is dirty (hairs in tub and around bathroom, dishes dirty). Had to switch rooms in middle of night because bathroom didn't work. Both units smelled. Does not look like pictures on the web. Run down and worn. Teeny kitchenette (2 burner stove), little bathtub unlike picture -- bedroom is like closet with no windows. Balcony is big enough for two thin people to stand only. We stayed in 1 bedroom for 4. There were two of us --4 would have been very tight. Left early and went home because we didn't want to be there. If you are at all particular about where you stay, don't stay here.

By kcasey Sep 1, 2006

I am at the Coconut Malorie as I post this review. I have been here for two weeks and enjoyed my stay. The desk staff are very friendly and helpful. As with anyplace you stay on the beach at the end of the busy season, there were things in both rooms I stay in (changed midweek to larger room) that needed tending to. I brought a list to the front desk with things that needed tending to and both times when I returned from the beach, everything had been tended to. The location is perfect for days at the beach (one block) and beautiful bay sunsets. The bus is $2 for the day and you can transfer to West OC and beyond to Salisbury or Pokemoke. The only reason I didn't rate this as a 5 star is it could be much cleaner. Again, this could be due to end of season and lack of housekeeping staff.

By joanne643 Mar 22, 2005

Cleanliness is my priority and this is what I found in this resort from when I first entered, to the restaurant, everywhere. Speaking of restaurants. What a wonderful evening on the 2nd floor of the restaurant. Service, ambiance, food all elegant. I have all good memories. Look forward to returning.

JoannE and Bill

By andrea353 Mar 12, 2005

Just got back from a weekend stay. Unit a little small, but very clean. Staff extremely helpful. We stayed in the 1 BR. There is a queen size bed, dresser & TV/VCR. "Main" room has queen sleeper sofa, table & chairs for 4, large dresser w/TV/DVD. Large bathroom. Small kitcheonette, but does the job! Outdoor pool (seasonal) & weight room on top floor. All in all, very nice, but if you want to take more than 4, this may not be for you!

By deborah109 Feb 11, 2004

Nice, clean, big unit. 1 bedroom with pull out sofa, kitchen table, full kitchen except no oven (4 burner stove) Nice area of Ocean City. Managed well.