Lucayan

Ocean City, Maryland

Reviews of Lucayan

Ocean City, Maryland

3.7

Have you been to Lucayan lately?

By lornaw7 Updated Mar 28, 2016

Love this place

By marylyn1 Dec 27, 2015

We were there the beginning of December 2015. First off the week we went down was unseasonably warm. That allowed us to bring our dog the two blocks to the beach. That was the best thing about this poor example of a "Resort".

Others have already spoken about an unmanned management office onsite and the necessity for a long code each time you came into your room.

But here are some things we found irksome.--Even though the resort was empty you they gave us a suite that overlooked the parking lot when the bayside suites went unused. Only two burners worked on the stove. There was no toaster. There was one roll of paper towels for an entire week as well as three trash bags and 4 rolls of toilet paper. There were only a few pots and the ones they had were the cheapest I've ever seen. The beds were horrible. The sheets were cheap and didn't fit the beds. The pillows were made of lumps. The tub was an old, as from the 70's, jacuzzi tub that had no stair going up making it useless. The shower had these odd seat-like structures that precluded one from actually standing under the water. The washer and dryer were in a closet in the master bedroom which meant it could only be used when the room was empty. The dishwasher was the cheapest sold I'm sure with no baffling. It was do bad we couldn't hear each other talk much less watch TV while it was on. By the way, there were only 3 dishwasher cubes, one wash-rag, one potholder , no coffee or filters, and no soap for the washing machine.

I really hated the very dated and worn out place. I would have gone home except my friends were just happy to be near the beach. I was not do thrilled but because I didn't want to upset them I bit my tongue an awful lot!

By dfparrish Updated Mar 21, 2006

I agree with what was said in the prior rating. I just stayed at the Lucayan and the condo is a good-sized 2-bdrm unit compared to most that I've stayed in at OC and is in a central location within walking distance to a few restaurants and activities. If you're there during beach weather, it is just a short walk to the beach across Ocean Hwy. The units are worn due to age, but clean and comfortable. The balcony can be accessed from either bedroom and the living room area and had a nice view of the bay and the pool. The check-in staff were pleasant. OC is a great family vacation spot and rates 5 stars. The condo rates 3 stars, so I'm averaging the 2 for a rating of 4.

By teresa257 Updated Apr 16, 2005

The Lucayan is a nice family vacation spot in Ocean City. It is also a perfect place for two couples to stay as there is extra privacy with the two bathrooms. The outer hallways are a bit worn, and the place is not fancy (not much is in Ocean City), but the unit we stayed in was roomy, clean, comfortable and had a large balcony with a partial bay view plus view of the pool. These condos are located behind the Bonfire restaurant that offers a wonderful seafood buffet. Mini-golf, the beach and other activities are within walking distance. Nice jacuzzi tub in the main bathroom. You don't have to bring sheets and bath towels, or vacuum before you leave like some condo rentals require. If you want to cook, there is a full size stove/oven, refrigerator, and dishwasher. Even a washer/dryer so you can pack lighter. Very enjoyable for the average family who wants to go "down the ocean" for fun and relaxation.