The Fountains

Orlando, Florida

Timeshare reviews at The Fountains

Orlando, Florida

By michellef393 Apr 30, 2016

The Fountains is great. AMAZING pool. If you have kids that love pools, this is an awesome place to take them. Honestly, I could have just chilled here and stayed put instead of going to parks. This is one of Bluegreen's best resorts.

By reinaldom3 Jan 19, 2015

marriott's aruba surf club

By larrys602 Updated May 15, 2014

The Fountains is a very well deserved Gold Crown Resort!!! We have stayed at the Fountains twice in the past 2 years. Most recently this past May. I can not say enough about this resort. We loved, loved, loved it! We found The Fountains to be fun and relaxing. The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. While we were there, they were replacing the pool furniture with a bright orange festive color! The staff and service are very helpful, courteous, and pleasant. The 2 bedroom suite we were in (4504) was furnished beautifully and updated. We especially loved the huge sliding doors that opened to the screened patio over looking Lake Eve and the pool! It really expanded the already large living space. All of the furniture/beds were clean and comfortable. This is a family friendly resort with amenities and activities too many to mention! The proximity to the Disney Parks is a big plus. You are just minutes away. I agree with last post, that some people must be extremely difficult to please. We took our grandchildren in 2012 and went by ourselves this year and had a fabulous time both times. So much so that we are going to return In December for a two week stay! Don't take my word for it go online and check it out for won't be disappointed!

By joys104 Mar 13, 2012

We have stayed at the Fountains several times and each time found it to be very clean and well maintained. It is a luxury resort. We stay in a superior 2 bedroom, which is 1278 square feet, is very roomy and very comfortable. Our 2 grandchildren enjoy all of the activities at the pool, and are very happy to just stay at the resort. We usually take them to just one park each year, and they never ask to go to another one. We have found The Fountains to be a very family friendly resort, but adults can enjoy it too. There is a poolside bar with food at the indoor pool and they also have movie nights at the pool. Wakoola springs pool has a water slide, and interactive area for smaller children. This pool is very large.

I have read some of the negative comments and have come to the conclusion that some people just can not be happy. This is a resort for families and children and and if we don't like the noise, we should go to an all adult resort.

This is a GOLD CROWN resort and it deserves this designation. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We always look forward to our next visit!

By donaldp92 Apr 18, 2010

We have stayed at the Fountains several times , and each time found the resort to be very clean and well maintained. The staff were very helpful and courteous. A previous posting complained of the noise, and BlueGreen must be listening as the sound system was barely audible on our most recent visit. The leaf blowers do run each morning, but that must be the cost of such a beautiful landscape. We will be returning with family time and again!

By paulinep16 Feb 22, 2010

The Fountains is an excellent location for an Orlando vacation. Facilities were great with lots of activities. Disney is only a few minutes away. Loved it!

By carolgs Sep 28, 2009

My family and I stayed in building 2 during the last week of August. With the exception of the daily odiferous trash buildup outside the locked doors to the trashroom, the buildings and grounds were well maintained and the staff was courteous and mostly helpful. However, if asked to describe the Fountains in one word I would have to say "NOISY."

Between 7:30 am and 9:00 am daily, a worker uses a powerful leaf blower to blow the debris around the large pool deck. This apparently is meant to discourage guests from having coffee and breakfast on their screened in patios. Then, beginning at 9:00 am, the activity desk pipes children's music through the resort sound system for which many speakers are each placed approx 15 feet from the buildings surrounding the pools. This music could only possibly appeal to 2 to 4 year olds as even discriminating Wiggles fans would be put off by it. At 10 am the pool staff contributes to the cacophony with their own very loud music in an obvious attempt to drown out the kiddie music and win the hearts of the 11 to 14 year old demographic. After an hour or more the kiddie music finally disappears. The pool music continues until the pool is closed.

Ready for a good night's sleep after a long day? Not likely. Management has somehow determined that the soothing sounds from the resort's fountains do not provide sufficient ambience. So once again, the speakers outside the units are utilized - this time to play a recording of fake cricket and frog noises. Calls at 1:00 am to the front desk for some relief were handled courteously but with no effect. We checked out two days early.

By nancianns Aug 3, 2009

the suite was beautiful and spaceous....awesome vacation huge pool i loved the indoor pool especially movie night!! they had lots of activities to keep the kids busy everything went as smooth as can be

i recommend this resort to anyone from kids to older adults.

we loved it so much we are staying again in october!

By lorin71 Jul 17, 2009

My husband and I recently returned from our visit. Have to say, we were far from disappointed. We read the few negative reviews prior to our visit and were a bit apprehensive. Needless, the service staff was very friendly, helpful and outgoing. The room was fantastic and we had a wonderful experience. Our kids are 13 and 16 and were very happy to enjoy all the resort had to offer. We would definitely return again and again and again.

By thomas1264 Apr 6, 2009

The resort was not as i had hoped it would be. We arrived for checkin at 4pm, we were starving, there bar and resturant were closed. We went to the grocery store, when we return and went down to the heated pool, it was closed, the other not heated one was open but the water was like ice. The hottubs were warm at best, definetly not hot. The room was nice, pretty clean, and what was expected..nothing more. The staff was not helpful as whenever i asked if something was open, closed, or broke..they gave the wrong/opposite answer. I would stay at the other comprable resorts in the area..

By davide262 Updated Mar 24, 2009

We stayed at the Fountains in February. Everything was wonderful. We had trouble with one of the hair dryers in the the bathroom but discovered the circuit breaker just had to be reset. The resort is going "green" and we appreciate that. They have energy efficient light bulbs which take a couple of seconds to light (as you probably know from home) and have a bag for recyclable items. We truly enjoyed our stay. Loved the jacuzzi in the master bedroom and there were so many things to do right at the resort. We are planning on going again next year and staying longer than a week so we can do more of the activities available at the hotel. All the employees were friendly and really knew their jobs. My kids, who are older teens, had a great time and I think families with younger children would really enjoy it also with the pools and all the playgrounds. Can't wait to go back.

By maryanak2 Updated Oct 4, 2008

I have visited this resort once and absolutely loved it!!! I have been to many resorts but this one is true five stars and Gold Crown! I just read long negative review, well don't be disappointed by this review, some people have unrealistic expecations and needs. This resort is truly paradise for adult and kids. Plan to go back with several families.

By bonniea16 Updated Sep 7, 2008

We have been to several Orlando resorts , Sheraton, Hilton, Orange Lake, Wesgate lakes and we found that with the Fountains that our teenagers disliked this one the most. The rooms were very nice I won't say gorgeous like some Sheraton or Hilton rooms but it was comfortable. We found the lighting situation with the wait times for the bathroom lights to light up was very annoying. The beds were very comfortable in both bedrooms.In the Sheraton and Hiltons you have large TV's to watch and you can turn them to see while in the kitchen all the Fountains TV's were not very large one that you might by at Walmart and only the living room TV had a DVD to watch movies so the teens had to use there laptops. Yes the laptop costs! Well if you have 2 teenagers and you bring one yourself that would be 3 internet costs at 10.00 each one so a $30 per day cost .. at the Hilton or Sheraton its free!!!!in your room!! They had 2 computes in the small lobby of the hotel that you could use but you had to wait in line to even get on them so don't depend on them . The new Wakoola Springs pool was very nice and the poolside chairs were wonderful but now the towel usage. Bring your own large towel from home. You get 1 pool card each with checkin and when you get to the pool you have to go get your towel and you get 1 midside pool towel that barely even covers the chair so when you need a towel to dry off you are out of luck or you have to keep returning your wet towels for dry ones . If you don't return your pool card at checkin you are charged $10 per lost towel so now lets talk internet ussage and a lost towel so you can see how these charges can really add up so be careful . When you sign up for the internet in the room you have to pay right then and there or you don't get on it with each laptop. The poolside grill is just okay it doesn't offer much is a bit on the expensive side (5.75 Junior hotdog and a few pototoe chips) as they don't have French Fries or Onion Rings or anything like that like the other resorts do.Now enjoying an evening swim after a long day is not an option.. if you want to visit the large pool well forget it , it closes at 9:00!! and then try to swim in the other pool and it closes at 10:00 the other resorts all stay open until at least 11:00 or the Sheratons are open until 1:00 am as well as the Hotubs... Forget the paddle boats on Lake Eve or Swamp Eve we had to try them first due to safety to see if we wanted to still use them where you lean your back kept coming out so you would fall a bit backwards and they told us to come back and they wouldn't charge us so don't you think the resort would just put them off limits for safety issues?

So if you want a room to relax it with nice accomodtions its great- if you want a place for little ones not worried about an evening swim - its okay- but if you have teenagers as I did (19 & 22) they will be bored to tears- so I guess we will go back to the Sheraton Vistana Resort where it offers endless things for that age group to do as well as myself and my husband and we are way past 22! I have mainly rated it a 3 star due to the fact that it DOES NOT offer any nightime fun for older teens and to compare I would have to say it was about 3 or 4th to the others I mentions the Sheraton definely has my vote for #1 on the list all the way around. We chose building #7712 quite far from the pool for quietness and top floor but alot of walking so shoot for buildings #2 right across from reception- Building 4 & #5 next to reception and right next to the pool that stays open to the wee hours of the morning - oh yah 10:00pm .. the hallways are very very long to get to your rooms the elevator is in the middle and you go 6 rooms one way and 6 rooms the other way so try for rooms # 5 & 6 or 7 & 8 for location on the unit floor to the elevator . If you are in rooms 9,10 or 11 or 12 you have to walk to the opposite end of that floor to the garbage shoot to room #1 to get rid of it.. So I mention several of these things above for everyone but for the ones that have stayed at the Sheraton or Hitons you will know the differences and we have stayed many times in each to compare not just once that might present a bad experience we always return to give a final comparison. So enjoy!

By micheller212 Jul 17, 2008

It was so great to stay there

By mary2007 Mar 11, 2008

We stayed at the Fountains in December of 2007 to escape the Illinois winter while it was under construction for the new water park in the resort. It was so nice to have a jacuzzi in the master bedroom, laundry and a screen patio and we loved the indoor/outdoor pool with poolside bar. There were activities for the kids and the grounds are amazing. The exercise facilities were great and all of the staff were courteous and helpful. Disney is literally minutes away so you don't have to spend much time in traffic. We plan to make a yearly trip to this wonderful resort!

By barbh32 Oct 14, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Oais in March 2007 with our daughter, son inlaw and 2

grandchildren ages 9 and 11. We all loved the

resort and we'd go back in a min, the kids had lots

of fun on the lake & in the pool plus fishing.

We ate our meals on the patio,on the patio we

had a view of the lake & pool just beautiful.

We liked it so much we'd like to spend Christmas

By lstearns Jan 4, 2007

Just returned from a week there and must say they do a fantastic job! Karaoke, poker, free internet service, great food at the pool bar, immaculate grounds and condos, close to everything we wanted to do! The pool area is large and the pool itself is gorgeous! This was our 15th trip to Orlando and it doesn't get much better than this!

By jenniferf86 Sep 22, 2006

I just got back from a stay at The Fountains. It is undergoing construction at this time. The pool is beautiful and everyone is very helpful. The master bedroom had a king size bed, the other bedroom had 2 full size beds plus the sofa bed.

The resort is very close to Sea World, Discovery Cove and Universal Studios. We had a great time!

By kimberly710 Aug 2, 2005

It was like being home away from home. You were near anything that you wanted to do. Our unit was 2 bedroom/2 bath with full kitchen. Our room had a Queen size bed and the other room had two twin beds. The living room had a sleeper sofa and a balcony.

It was gorgeous and the place was immaculate. It was located on Lake Eve and what impressed immediately when we arrived is there's a guard house upon entering, which makes me feel safe. The staff were mostly from Europe and they were so very nice. They had a nice kid activity scheduled every day and a kiddie playground. There was a well equipped excercise room, but I didn't use it.

Day/Night trips were offered and my aunt and I took advantage of the Gambling cruise for only $5 each. We took a fancy charter bus to Cape Canaveral and boarded the cruise ship there. Then it was all you could eat, or drink. Babysitting services are available, but I didn't need it my step-son was old enough to watch his little sister.

The lounge is a wonderful place to hang out. There is a gameroom, video rental and an out-of- sight swimming area. I regret that I was so busy doing other things that I didn't get a chance to swim, but my stepson enjoyed it.

Lake Buena Vista had the best outlet stores, Walgreens, and Golden Corral. Disney World is only 5 miles away and Sea World is only 2 miles away.

By bennette1 Mar 4, 2005

We were there from NC the last week in February and absolutely loved it. Buildings 3, 4, and 5 overlook the lake. Last year we stayed in Sheraton Vistanna which is across the street. It was nice but we prefer The Fountains. Loved the heated pool. Everything you would want to do is close. Even a new outlet mall. We want to stay for two weeks next year.

By michael1184 May 27, 2004

We stayed at the Fountains this month and found it to ba a fabulous place. The units where very spacious, and clean. We really enjoyed the screened porch that faces the lake area. There was some contruction going on but it was not a noise problem. We where in bldg #3. We will be back!!

By brianboxall Oct 2, 2003

I am an owner at Oasis and stayed at the resort for the first time this August. We had a great time, the apartment was excellent the staff very good and the facilities first class. I am reassured that purchasing the timeshare was the right decision. I am looking forward to going back.

By colincoach Sep 13, 2003

Coming from the UK, this place seems like paradise to us. With everything Orlando, Disney, Universal and Sea World can offer, all within 30 minutes drive, it is superb. Great facilities, great staff, definitely a 'home from home' ( as promised in the 'sales' literature). Safe, very comfortable, well deserving of the 5 star and Gold Crown classification.

By teresa001 Updated Mar 15, 2003

We have stayed at several different resorts and none are near as nice as this one. We have owned at Oasis for about 4 years and would not think of staying any place else in Orlando.

By shark105 Dec 26, 2002

One of the best resorts I have stayed at. Just gorgeous.

By iansin Nov 24, 2002

I own here and at Vistana and cant understand how Vistana is rated higher (although it is good too). The living area of the 2 bedroom units are much more spacious than that of Vistana. There are plenty of things to do - tennis, pool (free),snooker, swimming pool and even pedaloes. There arent as many planned activities but all-in-all I think this resort is slightly better than Vistana.

By bestbeach Updated Oct 25, 2002

Huge Suites . . . literally, HUGE! Same for the pool! Not too far from attractions and restaurants.