La Vista

Simpson Bay, Sint Maarten & Saint Martin

Reviews of La Vista

Simpson Bay, Sint Maarten & Saint Martin

3.9

Have you been to La Vista lately?

By norma170 Updated Jan 8, 2009

La Vista is the best maintained resort on the island in our experience. We have stayed there 4 times (out of 12 visits to the island) and when there was a problem they addressed it immediately. Once they could not fix a problem within 24 hrs and upgraded us to a larger unit.

The rooms are immaculate and updated so they are not tired looking, as many other timeshares in St Maarten are. The pool areas are cleaned every day and the poolside bar/restaurant is very good. They have a book exchange that's free--take a book, or leave a book, or both! They also rent movies and have an inexpensive internet access room set up.

We highly recommend this family-owned resort that meets high standards for a relatively smaller operation.

By linda1577 Jul 21, 2008

I have been coming to St. Maarten since 1992 twice a year. This past May I rented a unit at LaVista for my daughter and son-in-law. After 3 days they had to move in with me at the Belair because of never having any hot water. They requested it to be fixed and the problem was just ignored. This has to be the worst place to stay on the island next to the Summit Resort.

By robertk332 Feb 6, 2008

Great Views, Wonderful People, Pools, Facilities, Food...and so close to Simpson Bay for other wants, needs, desires. Rooms are pleasantly decorated and the feeling is clean and friendly. Highly recommended.

By judyv16 Updated Feb 7, 2007

We traded into La Vista in Dec. 2006 and loved it. Have been to the island many times (staying elsewhere) but have gone there for breakfast and dinner many times and have always loved their little dining rm by the pool The best spot for a quiet and romantic week and now own a week there.

By toriluve Dec 21, 2003

Staying at LaVista as I type this review. GORGEOUS views of the ocean, great accommodations.

We rented a 1 bedroom with sleeper for 4 people. Ample living & sleeping space, however we did bring an extra inflatable bed if needed.

The staff is friendly with no high pressure sales. The grounds are quite tropical with grass, trees and butterfly filled flower bushes.

Simpson Bay has plenty of nightlife, day sports, beach, etc. & is quieter than Maho (which is VERY noisy from 7 am - midnight since it is RIGHT next to the airport.)

I'd come back to this resort again.