The Maverick

Ormond Beach, Florida

Reviews of The Maverick

Ormond Beach, Florida

3.7

Have you been to The Maverick lately?

By valeriem239 Updated Sep 23, 2016

I LOVE this place! An old friend owned a unit years ago...got divorced, but I just thought it was SO cute, cozy, and friendly. Then I learned a family I've known for years from church owns at least 1 unit. I recalled loving the style of the rooms SO much, and the kitchenette was an important factor for me. Decided to buy, and was ONLY interested in The Maverick. Happy to own my unit since Feb.2016. Since I live 50 miles away, I frequent the beach much more often since I have access to this beautiful pool, hot tub, restaurant & more, anytime. I have yet to spend the night/week, but can't wait! Staff is wonderful. Comfy, relaxing, warm & pleasant.

By sarahm96 Updated Jul 24, 2014

The Maverick has been my base of choice for Ormond/Daytona area vacations over the years. If a large, corporate, luxury resort is what you are looking for, The Maverick may not be for you. Personally, I love the location. It is convenient to Daytona area activities, yet it is just outside of the sometimes noisy and heavy traffic of downtown Daytona. It is a smaller, family friendly, beach-front resort, and I particularly love the charming décor of the rooms. I have become an owner there, and look forward to returning for many vacations to come.

By connier111 May 20, 2013

We just purchased this unit last year, sight unseen. We own several other timeshares in the Ormand Beach/Daytona area that are a bit nicer but, we were quite happy with this unit. If you are looking for luxury, this place is not for you. If you are looking for an affordable place with a great location, nice employees, great pool and decent room then this place is for you. We were extremely satisfied with our week there. I read one review that mentioned suspicous behavior of the employees. Not true. These folks were very friendly and we felt very safe. The only thing that I wished we would have had was an oven but, we knew that when we purchased a small studio that there wouldn't be one. So glad that we bought this time share.

By timm209 Jun 22, 2008

THE RESORT IS GREAT, IT'S HAS GREAT OCEAN VIEWS, GOOD RESTURANT, BIG SWIMMING POOL. LOTS OF FINE RESTURANTS IN AREA.

By paulb326 Sep 12, 2007

RECENTLY STAYED DURING RACE WEEK & RENEVATIONS ARE NEARLY COMPLETE. OCEAN FRONT ROOMS FOR ALL TO SEE! ONE OF FEW RESORTS WITH THEIR OWN RESTAURANT! BIG POOL & HOT TUB, WITH SHUFFLE BOARD & GAMES TO ENJOY!

By trubela Feb 9, 2006

We recently stayed at this resort and we were very pleased! Every unit is an ocean front unit and we had the 'Caribean' unit which has one bedroom and sleeps 6 and is very roomy. The staff is great and the beach was wonderful. They have a great Steak and eggs breakfast for a bargain price

By margarete20 Dec 18, 2005

In the process of upgrading. Great place to stay for NASCAR or Bike Week. We stayed over July 4th weekend and, although it was very busy, the staff went out of their way to be helpful.

By dgmg Oct 12, 2004

Older resort with some maint problems, but staff very pleasant & helpfull. Great ocean view and pool area. Restaurant on premises made it nice for breakfast or lunch. Building & Units to be redone over the next two years.

By ertl Jun 20, 2003

We took our 10 year old daughter and her friend here for week #23 of 2003 and had a very good time.

It is my understanding that the resort was a former motel that was converted to timeshares in the 80's and has problems due to the mismanagement and neglect of the organization that originally maintained the resort and also just the age of the building. There were problems with the phone system and the pool for a couple of days while I was there.

On the upside, the resort has new management and the staff was friendly, worked very hard to fix things and seemed genuinely committed to improving the resort. My daughter and her friend liked the activity director and her assistant and enjoyed the various activities that they offered for a small fee. The other guests were also a plus. Many of them had been staying there for many years (18 was the highest number I heard) and seemed to know one another fairly well and were quick to include a new comer in whatever they were doing.

The resort is located right on the beach and has a nice pool area and hot tub. They also have a restaurant that is open for breakfast and lunch, which was ok the one time I ate there.