Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II

Timeshare reviews at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II

Palm Desert, California

By dwightg22 Mar 10, 2015
    By elizabethf153 Jun 1, 2013

I checked out both Desert Springs original villas and these Desert Spring II villas, and the Desert Springs were SOoooo much nicer. Newer, roomier, stylilsh, great outdoor spaces. In general, I'm so thrilled we went with Desert Spring II. By the way, this is definitely a 5-star experience!

By suzanne535 Apr 14, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous renovation. Held a family reunion here in February. Plenty to do for all age groups.

By plevy Mar 10, 2012
    By littlej2 Jul 23, 2011

All units have been remodeled with beautiful furnishings. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They offer such a wide variety of fun activities such as exercise and art classes. Nice size property with 7 pools to choose from. It is centrally located to everything.

By ddkeeb Sep 8, 2010
    By tomd92 Updated Apr 11, 2010

Just returned from a week in a 2 bedroom unit. Although the unit was very clean and in a good location, the interior areas like the kitchen and bathrooms are very worn. Money needs to spent updating these areas of the unit. We were there during a prime spring break week. The pools were crowded but overall a very good experiance.

By junew35 Dec 11, 2009

Beautifully maintained inside and out. Great views. Excellent location.

By tonyd124 Updated Oct 23, 2009

Excellent customer oriented staff are always striving to make one's stay very comfortable. Buildings' exterior and interior are very well maintained. There is free shuttle service around the Villa grounds and to the J.W. Marriott Hotel.

By aileenm5 Jan 3, 2009

I visit Marriott Villas at least twice per year. When I can't get Phase I, I come here. The units are smaller but still nice. Our unit, however, wasn't cleaned and we had to wait 1 1/2 hours after arriving. Also, someone from the cleaning staff came by the following day to see if we were checking out which we were not. I could hear the cleaning staff talk in the courtyard at 7:30 a.m. with little regard for people who might still be asleep.

Aside from that, our stay was great!

By carolyn133 Feb 24, 2008

we rented a one bedroom unit here in february. it is very nice, large unit and set up so that if you had 3-4 people you could have some bathroom privacy. the pools are very nice. it was close to the marriott hotel which is a nice place to go to hear music or have a drink.

By maryellend5 Updated Dec 9, 2007

My wife and I have owned 4 timeshares. We recently purchased a condo in Florida, so with living in the sun for the winter,we sold Aruba and we are thinking of selling Cabo and Mazaltan BUT, would never even concider selling the Marriott Villa II. We have been going to the Marriott's Desert Villa II since it was built in 1994, heck,... we watched them as they were being built and can say this is by far the most relaxing place in the world. No matter where we go every year and we do take 3 to 4 vacations each year, (thank the Good Lord) we never trade or never not go to the Marriott Villa II. There is no place that we have ever found that no matter what life's pressures may be, no matter what stress you may have,......this wonderful resort can make them disappear,....because it does. This place is so relaxing with it's beautiful Mountain views that change as the sun moves across the sky,.....peacefulness and stress free are the words that come to mind when we even think of going back. We will be there in three weeks and are staying for 2 weeks. The first with our two sons and the second week just my wife and I, my cousin and his wife may come as they often do with his own plane by the way. I like when they come, it feels like they are visiting our home since they live in Tucson, Az. and we live in NJ and we just don't get a chance to see each other with our busy lives. He flies into Bermuda Dunes Airport which is only down the road about 3 miles and lets me fly for a few hours soaring through the valleys and canyons of southern California,... yeah it gets better then this...... NOWHERE!! We have vacationed on every island in the Caribbean and Hawaii,.... sorry but there's nothing that compares to the environment of this resort. Please don't get me wrong, I am talking about taking a vacation for nothing but,... RELAXING and if that is what you are looking for...LOOK NO FURTHER,....YOUR HERE!! We have had a stressful year with many things going on that weren't so good, ...hey, it happens,... we have not gone away for 16 months and look forward to three weeks from now. The only thing that is disappointing about the Marriott at Palm Derest, leaving!!

By oscarj2 Sep 13, 2007

My wife and I, with our daughter and 2 year old grandchild stayed four nights over Labor Day. Given the extreme hot weather (118 degrees) during that period, we enjoyed our airconditioned units during the day and went out to the pool and other attractions enjoying the nice warm desert nights. The quality of the accommodations made our stay a joy.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, two bath, two balconies, and living/dining room with full kitchen. The rooms were very large and well appointed with a whirlpool in the master suite. The second bedroom was a suite in itself with sofa, dining table for two a balcony and 6 foot long tub. The decor throughout was interior design magazine quality. The kitchen was complete with everything one would need to cook any type of meal. Which I enjoyed doing.

Vistas from all unit balconies were of a well tended and beautifully laid out golf course with countless palm trees and landscaping. The resort has all the amenities one should have in a quality resort.

Staff was friendly and attentive. No doubt, we will be returning to a very classy place in the desert.

By john2151 Jul 5, 2005

I never expected to enjoy this place; after all it was going to be Hot in the 100’s. But I was so pleasantly surprised. The grounds are beautiful, the people that work there are wonderful, the activities for the kids were excellent, the Golf course was incredible, the Room was amazing and there is so much to do. You just can’t go wrong with this place I would have given it ten stars if I could have. I am not yet an owner but if I find a week for the right price I may just buy it.

By trevor98 Mar 28, 2005

We have tried many of the exchange properties and none of them compare to this resort, it is truly one of the very best available in the world.

Not only the property itself which has fabulous 5star amenities, but also the entire surrounding of the Coachella Valley has fabulous shops, world class golf, tennis and many other sporting amenities, casinos, entertainment and relaxation - what more could anyone want in a vacation.

I highly recommend booking the entire 13months in advance as the villas sell out very quickly!

By carl151 Sep 8, 2004

My wife and I have stayed at MDSII twice via II (in 2004 and 2001). We enjoyed it so much we just bought a red unit on the secondary market and we booked a week in March 2005. We had a great experience dealing with Shelley at Transaction Realty in Salt Lake City. I recommend using her for buying or selling re- sales

The unit we stayed in in 2001 was spectacular and newly re-furnished. The unit we stayed in this year we very nice but there were bad stains on the rugs and the sofas and chairs. It looked like kids spilled lots of cola drinks all over the place and the stains didnt come out. It is not really M's fault.

The weather in October 2001 and May 2004 was spectacular all 7 days each time.

By clubtatfu Jun 15, 2004

Spent a week at this resort in a 2 bedroom unit and it was fantastic. Great weather in the mid 90's and tons of pools to choose from. The food was decent at the resort and the prices fair. The surrounding cities have many great choices for dinner as well as casinos to gamble at.

The golf courses are fantastic and the wife really enjoyed the spa facilities. We look forward to staying here again.

By dan140 Updated Apr 21, 2004

Beautiful resort, bright friendly service. We spent 2 weeks there. If something isn't right, just ask. Connected to one of the finest resorts in the country and 2 beautiful golf courses.

The new decor is wonderful. Nothing to complain about. Be sure to do the wine tasting event for $15, it was loads of fun!

By lassie Mar 11, 2004

Such a beautiful resort, so beautiful and clean. Golfers will love this golf course, very nice! We love to trade here, very nice!~

By nanaboat Updated Feb 24, 2004

This resort is perfect. I can't imagine anyone complaining about this Marriott Five Star resort. Weather is perfect Jan. - Apr. and Sept. - Dec. Facilities are beautiful and restaurants are excellent. Great pools and wondeful golf and spa facilities. I go every year and can't wait.

By dre_jorgensen Jan 6, 2004

I can't imagine this place getting less that 5 stars from anyone. I go every year. I've never been slighted. I go because there are so many pools and they are so clean. If you don't like one pool, there's another. the rooms are really spacious. I choose Marriott for the pools. It was astonising to see someone complain about the pools. Oh well. Maybe they had a bad experience. I never have had a bad experience here. I'll go again next year, and can't wait.

By pluskota Oct 28, 2003

Loved everthing about this resort!

By dgleason Aug 28, 2003

Super lovely resort! Extremly large units with a nice choice of colors. Lots to do in the area, great golfing too.

By laskowss Updated Aug 10, 2003

resort needs to be updated in furnishings and pools. not enough pool space for this large of a resort. Biggest problem is cleanliness, Pools very dirty(cloudy) by end of day. Cleaning poolside during day hours, not done before pools open. Resort has poor customer service. Emergency phone was needed and put on hold!!!! No attempt to treat you as a guest. Not interested in returning back. Review depends on your standards.

By vpr147 Jul 19, 2003

Great resort. Resort is kept up very well. The golf courses are just immaculate and beautiful to play. The pool area was very nice and the services at their restaurant was fabulous with great food.

By ccherney Apr 17, 2003

This resort, in sum, is as good as it gets when it comes to good, solid, condominium vacation living. It's more like you're living in private homes or villas rather than feel like a hotel, or that you're away on vacation. And I mean that in a very good way. The units themselves are very well decorated, in fine working order, and immaculate clean. Wide open views to the mountains and desert valleys are common. Watching golfers pass by each morning while eating a freshly cooked breakfast on the oversized balcony was a joy each morning. If you like the desert, you'll love this resort. Plus, it's very conveniently located to all of the Palm Springs area--El Paseo is just 5 minutes away, and ample grocery shopping and entertainment is also near.

By mkb7709 Jan 28, 2003

This resort is amazing!! If you have the opportunity to indulge in one of lifes finest luxuries, I suggest you stay at this resort!!

By charlotte Updated Nov 22, 2002

This is a beautiful property with every amenity know to man and then some!!

The rooms are lovely---so tastfully done.

President Bush would feel comfortable here I'm sure.