Marriott's Desert Springs Villas

Palm Desert, California

Reviews of Marriott's Desert Springs Villas

Palm Desert, California

4.8

Have you been to Marriott's Desert Springs Villas lately?

By richardm1004 Updated Mar 25, 2015

Very beautiful resort, stayed in both one bedroom and two bedroom. Huge units, great kitchen, balcony on every suite, very well maintained. Lots of activities if you want to do them. Extra amenities at the Marriott hotel. Nice gym, golf courses, tennis courts. Staff very helpful if missing anything in unit. Would highly recommend.

By johnh1013 Jan 4, 2015

We exchanged thru II at the end of March for Christmas week at the Marriott Desert Villas I. We have stayed previously at Desert Villas II. We prefer Villas I. Desert Villas is the only resort (that we have checked into) that contacts you for your pre-arrival requests. We spent the week in a one bedroom on the second floor, unit 9697. The balcony offered beautiful views of the golf course, JW Marriott and the mountains surrounding the Palm Springs area. The décor was in soft blues and shades of purple thru-out, very pleasant. Additional reviews mention the amenities of the one bedroom unit. Our weather was cool and the gas fireplace was very enjoyable. If you are staying in Desert Villas I you can access the JW Marriott amenities Monday-Friday without paying a daily fee. Golfers will enjoy the variety of two golf courses to choose from. The shuttle runs between Villas I and Villas II also to the JW. The shuttle keeps a close schedule. We will be back for a third, fourth stay and more. It is hard to beat the Marriott Standards.

By richardh753 Feb 10, 2014

As you know the Spa accommodation has been renewed for weekdays. Any guest staying in Villa One can use the Spa's common services for free on weekdays. There are discounts on treatments for villa guests. If I recall, it's 20% off. Those who buy time on the resale market can enjoy this arrangement as well. They have no way of telling who is an owner or not. They just look at the room number.

This is a great place to visit. We have owned for over 20 years.

By david4916 Dec 18, 2013

Beautiful accomadations and service alaways top notch!

By gregh118 Updated Sep 10, 2013

If you are staying in Villas I then yes you can have free access to the spa at the hotel on Monday thru Friday (they changed it). Normally it is $45 for hotel guest and $60 for non-hotel guest.

By patriciab305 Jan 9, 2012

Can someone confirm that Villas I allows free access to spa and pool facilities and JW. Is this true if you purchase a villas I unit through resale. Thanks.

By jack309 Dec 24, 2011

Starting in 2012 Marriott's Desert Springs Villas is "not charging" for entrance into their world class Spa & Gym facility. This is truly a five star resort. Have visited this resort many times. Also if you stay at this location your golf is discounted per my "recent" telcon with Marriott'. Jack E.

By avaj3 Updated Nov 29, 2011

We just spent Thanksgiving week at this resort; our first trip to the Palm Desert. The location of the resort is close to grocery, shopping and restaurants. The grounds are clean and well maintained. There are 7 pools, so none of them were crowded. We were in a one bedroom which was ample big for two of us. The staff is friendly and accomodating. We loved this place!

By kelly418 Updated Mar 25, 2010

Currently staying at Villas I. Marriott now charges Villa I guests to use the resort spa/workout facilities/tennis. It is $175 for 2 people which also includes day use of the hotel pools for up to 4 additional children under 18. Over 18 either pays the same as above or daily fees for resort pool ($10 weekdays and $15 weekends). My family enjoys the workout facility and spa pool so we paid the extra (plus 87.50 for our 19 yo) and had a wonderful week. One problem for us was the resort nightclub was extremely loud every night until about 2am. We haven't had this problem in the past. More spring breakers are in PD this year due to problems in Mexico. Otherwise a very relaxing fun week. Ate a Cliff House twice and really enjoyed it.

By wenz Jan 22, 2010

Our favorite place to stay every year during the March tennis tournament! Many things to do at the resort: tennis, golf, family games, swimming... Spacious rooms with golf course view. We also enjoyed taking kids to the free boat ride at the hotel.

By margaret915 Updated Dec 9, 2009

We stayed here during Thanksgiving week Nov. 2009. We had a 2 bedroom that was huge. Each bedroom has its own jacuzzi tub. The family room area has a sofa big enough to accomodate the family(not just one that seats 3 persons) There were three balconies. Two overlooked the golf course. We had fun watching the golfers(do a little cheating at the hole close to our unit's balcony) The resort has 7 pools plus Villas I can use the facilities of the hotel.(Pools/tennis courts) You are allowed 1 hour of free tennis per day. The courts are clay or grass. The resort grounds are beautifully maintained. We really enjoyed the tram that took us over 8,000 feet to the top of the mountain for Thanksgiving Dinner in Palm Springs. It was fun watching folks parading their designer dogs in the shopping area too. Will definitely go back to Villas I

By graceber Nov 18, 2009

We stayed Dec 2008 and it was absolutely beautiful. The master suite, kitchen, living room and dining area were beautifully appointed and spacious as was the huge deck area. The pools were average size, clean and lovely well-maintained grounds. Great location, good service. Unfortunately, most of the usual activities are not running the week after Christmas. We were a bit disappointed by this - hence on 4 stars. We hope to stay here again.

By roberts673 Dec 29, 2008

The property is still tops! Every villa has been completely updated and redecorated including granite kitchen countertops. We've stayed here at least 8 times now and WE LOVE IT!

By spencert5 Jun 1, 2008

We have three weeks and love this property. The staff are extremely friendly The only issue is the slow Internet connection. Marriott Vacation Club seems to be using the same company at all their properties and should look elsewhere.

By jenniferv55 May 26, 2008

Stayed Memorial Day weekend. Villas are very dated. Mauve madness! They are doing some renovations, new carpet, pictures etc. It needs it! Quiet accomadations except for the 7am /ers below us with small kids. Large rooms, golfcourse looked nice but overpriced. Dessert willow 1/2 mile away was better for $45-60 dollars vs $140! Spa at Marriott expensive too. Just don't trade a high end resort for this thinking it is a fair trade. Nice, just tired looking. Best part about Villas 1 is the ability to use the JWMarriott ammenities.

By lastrega May 18, 2008

Date of visit April 23- May 3 We are owners of this property and go almost every year. Marriott has kept this property beautifully. We stayed in a one bedroom complete with full kitchen, Washer/dryer, living room, dinning area and balcony. My husband loves the tennis and that they fix him up with games. We enjoy the serenity of the spa pool and used it often during our stay. It is beautiful and the food there is good. We also ate at the hotel pool (Oasis) and enjoyed our meal there also. I enjoy going to the College Of The Desert street fair on the weekends. There are a lot of interesting booths there. In the evenings we would take walks around the property which is filled with wildlife Ducks, geese, swans even flamingos. This is an altogether wonderful property. The Hotel hosts a delicious very special Sunday brunch. I would say of this property that it is an altogether graceful almost romantic place to spend time. You really never need to leave the resort but there is plenty to do should you decide to. I find the front desk a bit slack in certain areas but even so would still give them an 8 out of ten and the concierges are great a straight 10. Nellie and Sarah Know everything! Palm Desert is not far from Sandiego and Orange County also a nice day trip about a one hour drive through the mountains with exceptional views to Idyllwild. We love this Marriott. It is probably our favorite in their system and we own and have been to many Marriotts. this one is not at all like Aruba Surf Club where we also own and Marriottt treats its owners like a herd. They over-built and need to remedy that situation. Don't even consider buying newly built properties from Marriott unless you research the proportion of ammenities to people. They blew it and I would not trust them again without checking. Desert Springs is a fantasy it is so beautiful with everything you could want. I would buy there again and that says it all!! Number-wise I would rate it 9.8

By aileenm5 Apr 14, 2008

I've been coming here since 1999 and try to return a few times per year. This is a wonderful place! My family loves it!

The kitchen in the unit I visited recently needs some minor repairs plus I had visits from the workers the last two mornings. A few months ago, some repairmen came at 8:00 a.m. instead of the promised 10:00.

Aside from the above, this place is first rate!

By barbaran52 Jan 27, 2008

We are in the business of lending $$$ for timeshare purchases. We only represent the Marriott, Hilton, Four Season and Starwood timeshare resorts.

We do own, personally, at Desert Springs Villas I and have owned for 17 years. We were in the resale business across from the Marriott for almost 13 years and sold business in 2005.

In addition, If your timeshare estate is paid in full, we will lend $$$ for first trust deeds.

For information, you may visit our website at www.timesharelending.net. Or, you can call us at 760-799-5177

By joyy3 Nov 24, 2007

Just got back from a week in November and we LOVED this resort. We had free access to the spa (Villas I not Villas II) which we used every day. It was recently remodeled and the equipment was great and the spa services woonderful! We sunned by the spa pool several days which was for adults only...very peaceful. We also sunned at the feature pool and listened to live music on the weekends there. We don't golf, but the course looked beautiful. We do play tennis and we were able to book 1 hour of tennis a day free with this resort (again, Villas I). We ate at some wonderful local area restaraunts and some of the hotel restaraunts...very good. We will be coming back here again next November for sure!

By jannan2 Sep 18, 2007

This is an idyllic resort, prettier that what you would expect. These villas are some of the largest you will find, 1650 to 1740 sq. ft. for the two bedroom. So nice to have ample room with the kids or friends. The units are currently beginning a remodeling campaign, set to finish sometime in 2008. Love the huge L-shaped couch in family room and fireplace is nice too. Spa access is only available to Marriott owners and their guests who are staying in Villas I. If you get the chance check out villas II. They are a little smaller, but still very nice and closer to the main family pool. Love the shuttle service to the main hotel. Totally fun place stay and relax!

By allane5 Dec 13, 2006

WOW! We had a the time of our lives. Great resort, terrific weather, loved the villa, the golf and the tennis too. My wife and I kept up our workout regimen and pampered ourselves in the spa to keep from putting on too much from all the good eating around. The kids had a blast too. Going back next chance we get and plan to use the kitchen facilities more to stay in shape and save money too.

By lon2 Jan 16, 2004

Just returned from a 4 day 3 night stay in a studio one bed. It was very nice and will stay there again. Highly recommend.

By jerryk Jul 12, 2003

Excellent resort in an excellent location. The unit was huge! My only complaint is that Marriott charges for local calls by the minute as well as a flat fee. I accumulated a fair sized bill just checking my email every day. There also is no midstay towel exchange unless you want to pay extra. Nevertheless we have booked another exchange for this fall.

By cathyb Mar 14, 2003

Unit is large (1650 sf) with fireplace, two jacuzzi tubs, large kitchen and patio that overlooks golf course. Several pools, gym, cafes.Grounds are spectacular. Free shuttle to J.W. Marriott Hotel to enjoy their five restaurants and amenities as well.

By bobstewart Nov 9, 2002

We rented a two bedroom with another couple. The units had been recently remodled and was in excellent condition. Total area 1650 sq ft. This resort has everything . We played golf here, used the pool near our unit and also at the adjacent Marriott Hotel. We had free use of the spa at the hotel. Very nice resort!