Kohl's Ranch Lodge

Payson, Arizona

Reviews of Kohl's Ranch Lodge

Payson, Arizona

3.8

Have you been to Kohl's Ranch Lodge lately?

By marlene62 Updated Nov 27, 2012

I can't say enough good things about Kohl's Ranch. I didn't know anything about it when I had to use or lose my Diamond Resorts timeshare credits, so took a chance and booked two units at Kohl's Ranch.

four of us spent four nights there at the end of October and loved every second of our time there. Our units were spotless and the staff was always helpful, quick to respond to our needs or questions, and the restaurant was great, too, and the staff at the stables.

WHO KNEW THEY OFFERED FREE THERAPHY AT KOHLS RANCH?!

That is, we took daily walks to the KR Stables, armed with bits of carrots and apples, and thoroughly enjoyed the free equine therapy...sweet, friendly, humorous horses vying for the carrots and apples...and giving us much joy with their horse nibbling from our hands. this was a great Kodak and video moment.

The horses are obviously well cared for, and they were well mannered when we took a horse ride through their majestic trails. Reasonably priced, too, but schedule for your next to last day there in case you get sore muscles...like I did.

While they do not have cell phone use there because it is in a dead zone, they offer FREE IN-ROOM TELEPHONE CALLS. Can't beat that for excellent service!

I can't wait to go back again.

By bmb11 Oct 7, 2012

No longer a nice place to visit. Everything is in desperate need of repair. No cellphone or wi-fi available. The restaurant is now closed.

By karenb276 Jun 6, 2011

We had a great week here. They have on site horeback riding, and the creek flows right behind the 2 bedroom cabins. Fishing is frequently done here. There is a trout hatchery just upstream you can visit which releases fish into this waterway. So many things to do, we couldn't do them all!

By rpglass Updated Sep 9, 2003

Description of resort above is right on. Its a great place if you love the outdoors.

We did encounter some problems. Accomodations are by reservation. Even being an owner as we are does not assure you get the unit you reserved. They overbooked our week and we had to move later in the week.

Items like pans and cleaning supplies were missing but soon replaced.

The newer 2 BR 2 BA Canyon Creek Units are large, accomodate more people and have modern ammenities but do not have the charm of the smaller 2 BR 1BA Tonto Creek Units. A/C only cools living room in Tonto Creek Units.